NINE

Then there was us

Hongki

"Hurry!" I nag at Shin Hye. 

She wouldn't go inside her house until she can see me leaving. But she's an idiot. What if she leaves and goes off. 

"Not until you go!" I heard her yell. 

"Pabo on the count of 3 we go, okay?" I say trying to start a deal. 

"Fine.." She says as she starts to pout. 

1..

2..

3..

I started to walk away as I heard her door close. I ran back just to double check on Shin Hye. As I was face to face with the gate I had to go on my toes to peer over. There was nobody there. 

A smile crept onto my face was I put my hands into my pocket and continued to walk to my car. I double checked if Shin Hye was inside. I opened the door and drove away. 

While driving my full attention wasn't on the road. Kids, that's dangerous so never do that. Anyways, seeing Shin Hye and Yonghwa together, it's starting to worry. 

Would they remember? Will he blame me? Will he blame her? The endless questions suffocated me. I needed to clear my mind. I needed to answers. Or was it too early? It can't be early.. Years have already passed. 

Driving aimlessly was time consuming. It's been hours and he still hasn't reached home. Instead he was outside a house where he wanted to forget. 

After driving, he unintetionally brought himself to a house which has the address that I tried to forget so hard. The car was stopped. I was alone in the car. The sky was black, not a noise could be heard except my guilty heart. 

My hands started to grip the steering wheel harder as I looked back at the house. The house that hasn't changed it was exactly the same as it was years ago. It probably was the same on the inside too. Maybe a few pictures were ripped off the wall. 

My brain shut off. My heart took the lead. I got out of the car and looked back at the gate, it was the only thing blocking me from walking onto the property. 

My hand moved itself, it gently touched the handle. I pulled it open. The body sized gate was now wide open. I could practically hear my hear yelling Go inside and explain yourself!! But as usual, my brain disagreed. It kept on nagging me, Pabo! Are you serious? An explanation isn't going to fix anything! 

I didn't move, my thoughts kept on wondering to the past. How if one day we didn't decide to go though with this, would he still be the same? Would he be like how he was then? Would she be the same? Would I even be able to face them if he remembered?

The same scene kept replaying in my head. I wanted it to stop. I tried to bury it deep in my brain. Only now it decided to resurfaced. 

 

Go away. 

I hate you. 

Why would you do this?

Why to me? 

I trusted you.

My brain started to ring. I felt like I lost control. 

 

My legs started moving on their own. Closer and closer to the door. With each step my heart started to sink further and further into the ground. 

I was face to face with the door. Even without looking into a mirror I knew my face was pale, just be being here I wanted to die. 

I wanted to leave but my body wouldn't let me. I wanted to leave so much. 

My hand started moving towards the door bell. An inch away it stopped. 

I sighed. I wanted to leave. 

My finger pressed the button. 

 

I wanted to run. It was like my feet was glued to the floor. I couldn't. 

 

I heard footsteps coming from inside the house. An person who had just woken up was now walking towards me. I gulped. 

"Yobseyo?" A voice said. 

My soul just left my body. 


Shin Hye

After Hongki dropped me off I walked inside, knowing him, he would wait for me to go inside first. 

I got inside and took a bath. 

After I just jumped into my bed. My brain was dead. It was so tired from work, from stress, from school. Yet my eyes betrayed me. They were glued onto the cieling. 

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. Nothing. 

I rolled to the side and grabbed my phone from my side table. 10 missed texts.

I sighed, I know what kind of texts they were yet I still bothered to check. 

 

All of them were from my dad telling me how I should just live in the office underneath my desk because the company was much more improtant than my living condition. 

After groaning and screaming a few times I bothered to reply. 

 

To: Dad. 

From: Shin Hye 

I can't. I still have work to do and plus I have my school work. I can't forget about that! I need good grades to be accepted into a good collage!!

 

Sent. My eyes wandered back to the text I just sent. It was full of what my dad expected. Work, School, Collage. That was all and the only thing he cared about with me. 

My thoughts started to wonder to my past. 

How messed up it is. I can't remember the most important part from 2 years ago. Apperently, it was a big deal. I obviously wouldn't know. 

How when I woke up I was immediatly threw into a cab then into an office.

My eyes started to water as I remembered my first memory prior to 2 years ago.


[Shin Hye's First Memory]

I woke up to see all white. Nothing colorful. I looked around to see nobody.. No flowers, no presents, no sign of anyone even being there. 

I started to panic. I had no idea where I was, unless I'm at a hospital.. then I know where I am. My arms ripped off the blanket on me. 

I hopped off the bed and started to walk around the room. I was able too, but not very far. I collapsed onto a coach. 

My eyes scanned the room, all white. I must be dead. 

The door opened revealing a young looking nurse. 

"Omo! You're awake!" She happily said. 

"Yeah.." I said as I started to awkwardly rub my neck. 

She threw a bag at me. I looked into it and saw a set of clothes that looked very busniess like. 

"Go change. I'll inform your boss." She said as she closed the door and left. 

Boss? 

Either way I changed. The clothes felt like they were for old office ladies but I decided to keep that to myself. 

 

I said down on the bed waiting for whatever or whoever to come. Eventually my eyes started falling asleep once again. 

 

I woke up to my arm being pulled and me being dragged harshly out of the room. 

"Yah! Who do you think you are?! Let me go!" I yelled at the man who had already dragged me out of the building. 

"Why you insolent litlle girl--!" 

His hand was met with my face. My face was left stinging from the slap that this man just gave me. 

 

Tears started to swell from my eyes. His face was rock solid. No sound came from the two of us. 

"Who do you think you are? Who are you to slap me?!" I yell as the tears fall. 

"Why are you yelling at your father like that?! Get in the car!" He yells as he pushes me into the back seet and and slams the door shut. 

 

During the ride the only noises that could be heard was the muffled cries and the car engine. I wanted to scream. I just woke up and I'm being hit by a man who claims to be my dad. I was horrer. 

 

"There!" He says while pushing me into a dark room in a big building. "You will finish this before I come back in the morning. You useless girl. Plays around then WHAT!" He yells as he slams the door shut. 

I layed there on the ground and just cried. I cried for a good 2 hours straight until I realized it would be much worse if he came back and I wasn't done. 

I worked non stop and eventually finished my work. 

I cried. 

I cried knowing I have a monster as a parent.



Ohh! I left you guys with a Cliff hanger on Hongki's POV. Then I wanted to show you how the relationship of Shin Hye and her dads was. yeah... not good. I think I'm going to start putting in more hints about what happened unless you guys can already tell. HAHAHAHA. 

i love you~ I hope that you guys will comment about how you feel and subscribe! Thank you for reading ((: