EIGHT

Then there was us

HongKi

Once I entered Shin Hye's office I immediatly smiled. It's been forever since we've last hung out. She's been too busy trying to ruin Yonghwa's life. 

I was going to close the door when I saw him. A scowl formed on my face while I turned back to Shin Hye as if asking 'why is he here?'. She shrugged and looked back at Yonghwa and sighed. 

"Yah! Ppali I have to start working again!" She nagged as she sat down and continued to work. 

Yonghwa groaned then lazily passed her the stack of papers. He looked back at her then faced me. 

I tried making my best poker face hoping he wouldn't see the fear that I felt but he just shrugged and sat down on the coach once again and started using his phone. 

Shin Hye started working once again while Yonghwa was in his own world. I was left near the door. 

"Shinnie what are you doing?" I ask trying to break the awkward silence that filled the air. 

"Work. Oh.. You pile is over there." She says pointing to a filing cabinet. 

After complaining on how I didn't want to work I went and started looking for my share of the work. It's not like Shin Hye does everything, it's mor like she does 60% of the work while I do the remaining 40%

I pulled the small coffee table and started to work. 

As of right now I didn't have an office. They were still working on it so I was supplied with a coffee table.. that was right in front of Yonghwa. 

Nobody talked. Only the sound of pens writing, paper shuffling and the occasional explosion from the phone of Yonghwa. 

His phone started to ring. His ringtone filled the room and immediatly annoyed. 

"Pabo answer it!!" Shin Hye yelled. 

"I'm answering it because I can." He said as he answered the call.

 

Shin Hye sighed and lightly slapped her face before startig to work again. I looked up to Yonghwa who had an annoyed face as he listened to the person on the phone. 

"Yah. Shin something." He called out. 

"My name is Park Shin Hye!" She answered annoyed. 

"Yeah whatever. I'm leaving." 

He didn't wait for an answer, he simply left. I looked back at Shin Hye. She looked completely fine about him leaving. In fact she actually looked relieved. 

Without saying anything the two of them continued to work non stop until the pile was non exsisting. After hours and hours of work they were finshed. 

 

"Hongki I'm hungry!" Shin Hye whinned. 

"Of course you are." I teased. "Fatty.." I quietly mummble hoping she wouldn't hear me. 

"Yah!" Shin Hye yelled as she jumped onto my back, "Piggy back me!" 

"Aish. You demand after you get on."  

"I'm wonderful. Don't deny it." Shin Hye said smiling. 

"I know." I say smiling. 

I felt her cover my eyes. I started walking awkward because I had no idea where I was going. 

"Pabo you can't smile like that!" She said. 

"Why? Because I'm super handsome and you'll end up falling for me?" I ask smugly. 

"P-pabo!" She says as she starts slapping the back of my head causing me to laugh. 

 

Weird enough, all of the employees didn't even question why the heir of their company was having fun on the back of her friend. They all know how hard working Shin Hye is, they all know how her father treats her. Seeing her have fun was a joy to them. 

The two of them walked out of the building to happily see no reporters. So Hongki left Shin Hye on his back as he walked to the closest mc donalds. 

 

"Don't worry. My treat." I smiled happily while shoving fries into my mouth. 

"Wow." Shin Hye said sarcastically, "You love to pay." 

"So anyways.." Hongki says trying to change the subject, "Why was Yonghwa there?" 

The only thing that came out of Shin Hye's mouth was silence. 

"Well.. I sorta kinda dragged him there.." 

My eyes buldged. "You brought him there?!" 

"In the spur of the moment, yes." She said shoving fries into . 

"You've been spending a lot of time with him lately.." I mumble. 

I hear her coo then start giggling. "Yah Lee Hongki are you jealous?" 

I scoff then look away. "No. Why would I be jealous of him. I already won." 

After realizing what I said I started to panic. She looked confused "I mean like I'm already your best friend. That position is already taken.." I say awkwardly rubbing my head. 

She smiled brightly then started to shove fries into my mouth in an attempt to feed me. "You will forever be my best friend!" 

I felt my heart fall. But I decided to smile just for her sake. Plus who knows, maybe that might turn into more. 


Well hello there! It's been awhile since I last updated. Anyways I've noticed I left hongki out so here's a chapter with the two of them!! And, I hope you'll support my other stories like

The not so Idol Life

Childhood Love

A Fairy God Father

Singing Plus A Mute