Chapter 2

The Mysterious Girl

 

 

 

         “I’ve decided, Jung Eehyun will be your mentor.”

I purse my brows at Mrs. Claire. Who the is Jung Eehyun? Heck, it’s even my first time hearing her name. But well, I never really memorize the other students’ name anyway, except my friends and some school chicks. But it doesn’t matter, Jung Eehyun is probably just another school nerd who always holds book everywhere with thick glasses and has library as her hang out place.

             “Um, I’m sorry Mrs. Claire, but I actually don’t know who is Jung Eehyun.” Mrs. Claire rolls her eyes at me before she shakes her head and gives me a ‘seriously, this kid’ look. “You don’t even know your classmate.” Mrs. Claire sighs as he passes me another paper and I take the paper from her hand. It’s a profile of a student and I read ‘Jung Eehyun’ in the name column of the paper. I divert my eyes to the bottom corner of the paper and see a photo of a girl. Okay, this must be Jung Eehyun. I try to study her face, trying to remember her, and when I finally do, I paled.

Wait…

                What the .

            I stare at the photo in wide eyes before I lift up my head and stare at Mrs. Claire in disbelief. “What? Don’t say that you still don’t know her.” Mrs. Claire gives me a judging look while I’m still staring at her like she’s a mad. “No, it’s not like that.”

           It’s not like I still don’t know who is she. In fact, I know her. She’s the dumb girl. Yes, I’m sure she’s the dumb girl, well actually I hope I’m wrong. Even in this photo, her hair covers her side face completely and her long bangs cover half of her eyes. This is so her. What the .

          Why would Mrs. Claire chooses her as my mentor when she doesn’t even ing talk. Instead of improving, my scores would probably get worse. I continue stare at Mrs. Claire in disbelief. “But Mrs. Claire.. She doesn’t talk..” My voice comes out hoarse because I actually know that Mrs. Claire will never change her decision.

          Mrs. Claire leans back on her chair and gives me an understanding look. “She talks.. You just need to get more attached with her, and she will talk. Trust me.” Oh I wish I could, Mrs. Claire. but i ing can’t know. “But, Mrs. Claire-.” “This, or I’ll call your parents.” She cuts my words again and give me a sharp gaze. I ing hate it when she’s doing this.

                Mrs. Claire’s decision was always right and reasonable but this time it’s just unacceptable. Well, at least for me. I mean, how could I study when she doesn’t even talk? Mrs. Claire notices my blank stare and she sighs. “This will work, Sehun. Trust me.” This time I’m the one who let out a sigh. Why the is this happening to me.

                “Well, if you say so, Mrs. Claire.”

                And I agree.

                Jesus Christ.

 

                                                                                                ***

 

 

                I walk towards the basketball court with my shoulders slumped down and a face. My friends who’re playing in the field seem to notice it too when I arrive there because instead of joining them immediately, I sit down in the stands. I see them walking towards me from the corner of my eyes. Someone passes me the basketball hard and I catch it without even looking at it.

                “Why so gloomy?” Jongin takes a seat beside me while the others surround me. “Is it about your bad scores again?” Luhan grins while he’s wiping the sweat on his neck with a towel. “Yes, but it’s actually not because of that.” I said while playing with the basketball. I can already see the questions on their faces without even staring at them.

                “Mrs. Claire thinks I need a mentor. And you know what? She chooses the dumb girl as my mentor.” I explain without looking at them. For a moment there’s only silence before each of them break into laughter. Chanyeol is now squatting down with hands on his stomach trying to stop his laughter. Even Yixing laughs until his eyes formed like a moon.

                God ing damn it, I knew they will laugh their asses because of this.

                I stare at them with a blank face, well more like a face. I knew it, even in my own ears Mrs. Claire’s decision sounds ridiculous.

                “What the , man?? Even if you sit with her until the doomsday, she’ll never open .” Luhan managed to stop his laughter but then he laughs again after he said those words. Ugh. “I know. I told Mrs. Claire about that too but she’s ing sure that it’s the right decision. She’s stupid or what??” I clench my teeth. My friends have stopped laughing and now they’re staring at me with pity.

                “And now I must find her, because Mrs. Claire said I must move fast.” I sigh and get up before I  take my bag unwillingly. Mrs. Claire has even informed me where I can find her.

                “And where will you find her?” Jongin asks as he’s walking beside me with the others, leaving the basketball court. “Where else the hangout place of the nerds?? The library of course.” I answer with a disgusted face.

 

 

                                                                                                ***

 

 

               

                All eyes are on me the time I step in the library. They stare at me in wide eyes before they stare at me like I’m someone who brings good news or something. Well I understand them though. I mean, the feeling when the fabulous Oh Sehun steps in the library bringing such lights once in a lifetime. Good thing I told my friends to wait outside or else these nerds’ eyes will pop out.

                I walk deeper in the library, ignoring the stares and keep an eye to find the dumb girl. After awhile, I feel like I won’t find her that fast because I didn’t expect this library is actually so ing huge. Just when I’m about to ask someone, my eyes catch a glimpse of a girl sitting on a table at the end of the library. I let out a sigh because I’m freaking sure that it’s the dumb girl because even from this distance I can already see how she’s reading a book so intensely with her head’s down and her long hair covers almost whole of her face.

                I walk slowly towards the table and when I reach there i realize that only now that I can actually study her looks. I must admit that she has a beautiful long black hair. As for her face, I still can’t see it that clearly because it got covered by her hair.

I stand beside the table for awhile, waiting for her reaction. But I get nothing. She still has her head down and reading the book in full of concentrate. Okay, maybe she still doesn’t realize that there’s a diva standing beside her. I then walk closer before I pull the chair and sit in front of her.

                And what the , she still doesn’t move a single inch.

                There’s no way she still doesn’t know my existence, I’m pretty sure about it. But still, she doesn’t even react a bit. . I stare at her in disbelief. This girl is seriously dumb and weird. No wonder she has no friends.

                I clear my throat and she immediately lifts her head and stares at me in wide eyes. I smirk inside, she must have been fangirling inside now.  I’m pretty sure she will never stop staring at me. That’s what I thought until she suddenly gets up and takes her things, getting ready to leave.

                I stare at her confusedly and immediately grab her hand as she starts to walk away. “Wait, hey where do you think you’re going.” I stare at her with a face and for a moment there’s fear in her eyes before she puts on a blank face. She jerks away but my grip on her arms is so tight. Why the is this girl acting so weird?

                “Listen, Didn’t Mrs. Claire tell you that you’re my mentor?” I’m slowly getting on my nerves. She still stares at me in a blank face when she shakes her head. What the ? Mrs. Claire didn’t tell her??

                I curse inside. “Well you know now.” I slowly loosen my grip on her arms  but then she manages to jerks her arms away from my grip. For a moment I swear there’s a sad and fear on her eyes before she turns her body and runs away from me.

                What the .

                This girl didn’t just ignore the famous Oh Sehun. It’s ing the first time Oh Sehun got ignored by a girl. If not because of Mrs. Claire I would never know her existence, I would never even care about her. This dumb girl really must be taught a lesson for ignoring me.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

new chap~