Here, Like Always

Here, Like Always

 

You were here like always.

 

The times when something was on your mind, you would always be here.

 

You place your palms on the cold cement edge, that separates you and fifty feet ground. As the wind blows you can’t help but have goosebumps rising on your skin. You weren’t complaining because you always thought the morning breeze always feels nice.

 

You close your eyes and inhaled the scent of morning dew arising.  

You let your body shift forward as if you were looking for something, but only a fool would think you’re looking for something.

 

“You’re here.”

 

Your eyes are open now. The voice tickled your ears; you haven’t heard his voice in a while. You turn your body to meet the handsome figure 10 feet away from you. A small sensation went through your body, you longed for him. A slightly small smile tugged on your face. 

 

“I’ve always been here.”

 

Your voice was soft but loud enough for him to hear.  Your eyes didn’t want to meet him, you didn’t want him to see the hurt in your eyes. He starts towards you. With every step, you feel a pang in your heart, but you dared not to move.  You feel as if your feet were glued on the cement pavement.

 

He’s a foot away from you and your head is hanging low now. His warm hand touches your chin, delicately and tilts your head up. There’s nothing else to do but look into his soft eyes. A saddened expression displayed on his face, but a smile formed his lips.

 

“You’re only here when something’s on your mind.” His raspy voice sent tingles down your spine, new goosebumps appeared. You push his hand away from your face.

 

 “A-aniya” You swallow and turned your back against him. Lying was one of your talents, but to him, it seemed so impossible. 

 

A warm jacket wrapped around your shoulders. 

 

“You’re going to miss me that bad, huh?” He joked. 

 

But it was no laughing matter. His arms are draped around you, his chin on your head. You want to cherish this moment because you know that’s probably going to be the last. A lump on your  throat appeared, making it hard for you to swallow.

 

You cannot cry, at least not now.

 

“Cheer up, babe.” Your heart feels as if it was going to rip.

 

Babe.

 

You wiggled against him and he let his arms go down to his sides. You face him.

 

“We can’t do this anymore.” You murmured. “ We can’t hold each other. We can’t go around calling each other, ‘babe.’ You can’t wrap your jacket around me. We can’t do this anymore, Jongin.”

 

“Who says we can’t?” His voice was hurt.

 

“The media” You reply “The whole damn world knows that. You’re going to be a superstar,  Jongin. You can’t have people like me slowing you down from your dream.”

 

His hand reaches for your, but you cross your arms.

 

“Who says you’re going to slow me down? If anything, you are going to give me inspiration. You’re going to lift my spirit up.” His voice pleaded. His eyes are sad.

 

You wanted him. What want him to be yours forever, but you knew you just can’t. 

 

"Jongin, It's either me or your dreams." You let voice quiver once more. "And I can't make you choose."

 

"Please, don't do this." Jongin pleaded. "I won't have to choose. Stay with me with every step of the way. It will work. We will work."

 

"You know what their nicknames for you are?" You ask him, rhetorically. "They call you the Dancing Machine. They call you Kai."

 

Jongin looks out into the busy streets of Seoul, he sighs faintly because it has always been his dream, to make it big.

 

“I’m sorry.” You say on the verge of tears. 

 

“Please.”

 

“I’m breaking up with you.”

 

“We can still make this work.” His voice was still pleading. “I can’t do this without you.”

 

“You can, Jongin” You whisper “You can.”

 

“I can’t.” He lets his warm hands hold your cheeks, making you face his beautiful face. "You're the only one I want."

 

"Jong-"

 

You  pry his hands away from your face as tears trickle down. Even so. your heart still breaks. But you know its for the best. 

 

You and Jongin says quite for a moment, a moment which seems like forever.

 

 He slides his jacket  around your shoulders once more, kisses your soft lips once more, and let you inhale his sweet scent once more before he finally realizes- it's for the best.

 

"I'll come back for you. I promise." 

 

you swallow, knowing that his works might not even be true. But you nod, knowing that it's best for this moment in time. A faint smile placed on his ever so full lips.

 

"Promise?" You ask. He nods his head. "Then you know where I'll be."

 

"Here like always." both said in unison.