003

Irresistible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay Seohyun, now say ahh," Yonghwa opened his mouth into a circular shape, as Seohyun imitated him. "Good, good. That's enough oral exercises for today."

Yonghwa scribbled down a few words on her progress sheet. He glanced at her, as he set down his clipboard- her round eyes being mysterious as always. Although her information was on his folder, he knew completely nothing about her history.

"Hey, Seohyun," Yonghwa shifted in his seat to face her direction. "How about you tell me about yourself? It looks to me that you've become mute because of a traumatic experience" He offered her the notepad. "I know it's hard to remember a painful memory, but I think it'll help me treat you." She reluctantly took it, but didn't lay a single finger on her pen. 

"Oh, come on..." He pleaded. "This could also be a chance to get rid of that awkward barrier we have between us."

With a frustrated huff, Seohyun reached for the pen that was sitting on her desk. Yonghwa shifted his position to get a better look at the notepad. There seemed to be some hesitation in her writing, but he paid no mind.

I grew up with a family of three- my mom, my dad, my older sister, and myself. I was never liked while I was growing up, and my sister seemed to exceed in everything she did. Their attention towards me grew less and less. One day while my parents were out, there was a terrible earthquake.

I only remember waking up to muffled sounds of panic. I tried making out the sounds, and it turned out that the earthquake had damaged a gas line. There was only so much time left to save us and only one of us had the chance to survive first. Of course without even a second to think, my parents wanted to save my sister first. They completely forgot about me. I wound up being left alone inside the fissure from the earthquake.

Fortunately, the fire that started was far away enough that I was spared a few minutes. During that span of time, a kind man had fished me out and took me to the hospital. They told us that everything was fine... at least, they thought I was. Further research revealed that I had something called progressive mutism. The doctor called my parents and told them that I should have a therapy session immediately. My parents, they said they didn't know who I was. That I was lying and that they weren't my parents. And they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter