001

Irresistible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I have to admit," Yonghwa told his older brother, Dongmin, as they walked inside a ginormous building, its massive structure casting a large shadow across the field. "I'm a little nervous."

Domgin smiled, patting him on the back. "Don't be--I've been working there for more than seven years! I got your back."

The two siblings were heading to Gangnam's famous Psychiatric Hospital. Yonghwa had recently gotten accepted there, and was going to his first day of work as a real-deal Psychiatrist. There, he would be assigned a patient and run a series of tests to get him or her to recover.

Yonghwa beamed as he proudly dusted off any excess lint from the white medical coat. It was mailed to him a few weeks ago. "I feel professional already," he said with a cheeky smile.

"Alright, come to my office," Dongmin motioned him to follow. "I already have a patient to assign you." Eventually, he was leaded into a moderately large office. Mountainous piles of folders and stray papers crowded up the room, making it hard to think how anyone could actually work here.

Dongmin fished out a red folder from one of the piles and handed it to his younger brother. "Here are your patient's basic information," He winked. "I made sure you got the prettiest one." As Yonghwa scanned the inside of the folder, it dawned on him that his patient seemed like any other girl you would ask to have a cup of coffee with.

“Anyway, I want you to memorize everything on that folder by the end of this week,” Dongmin ordered as he ushered him to one of the rooms in the corridor. “In the meantime, you should get to know her.”

“Gotcha hyung,” Yonghwa nodded.

"Hey!" Dongmin snapped, giving him a light nudge. “I’m your sunbae here!”

He raised his hands in defense. “Gotcha sunbae-nim.”

Dongmin nodded approvingly. “Now get inside.”

Yonghwa hesitantly slid open the door, feeling nervous about meeting him first patient. Inside was like any other hospital room; there was a bed, a desk, and some decorations. But what obviously caught his eye was the patient.

She had a blank stare, yet her eyes seemed round and curious.

Yonghwa peeked inside the folder for a brief moment, looking for her name. “Are you… Seo Joohyun?” He asked cautiously. The girl blankly stared at him, before quickly looking away.

“Along with being mute, she's very shy,” Dongmin whispered to him.

Dumbfounded, he stared at him. “You told me she would be an easy case for me!”

“It is,” He smiled, patting Yonghwa on the back. “You're good at making girls pissed off, you'll have her open up in no time.” Almost hastily, he walked out of the room as Yonghwa hopelessly gazed over to Joohyun, not knowing where to start. She timidly glanced at him, edging away as he tried to get closer.

“Uh... hello, friend,” Yonghwa waved awkwardly. She continued to shoot hesitant looks, slightly discouraging him.

“I’m Yonghwa oppa.” He cleared my throat. “What should I call you?”

Realizing that she wasn't going to respond in anyway, he decided to answer his own question. “How about Seohyun?” Yonghwa tried smiling in the most kindest way possible. “It sounds better doesn’t it? It’ll be like your very own nickname!” A moment of painful silent passed as Yonghwa laughed to fill it up. “Alright, Seohyun,” He held out his hand. “Let’s be friends!” Seohyun stared at Yonghwa's hand for what seemed like an eternity as though she was observing every crevice and detail of his hand. Howev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter