You're My Poison, My Dangerous Pinocchio

I Got Your Back

 

Just so you all know, the Pokemon Wings will have are my favorite ones. So, this is not an all rare and all powerful Pokemon trainer story.  Jolteon is my all-time favorite. So, of course my main character was going to start off with him. Same goes for Wooyoung. I did this because; I honestly hate people always having to begin with the three starters. It gets boring. They won’t all be like this and I am going to do my hardest to not make this a really cliché thing. It shouldn’t be a big problem. Hopefully…

Okay! I’m done with these notes! On with the chapter!

Chapter 2: You are My Poison, My Dangerous Pinocchio.

Playlist:  F(x) - Hot Summer, 2pm- Hot, Secret- Poison, F(x) - Danger (Pinocchio)

 

 

 

            "Ugh! It's freaking hot! Why did we think that summer was the best time to start off?" Wooyoung whined. He brushed his hand through his damp hair. He was hot, sweaty, and tired: three of Wooyoung's least favorite things to be. In his mind, he had the right to complain about it.

            "Well, it’s mostly because this is the week after you turned sixteen. Plus, snow is the devil," Wings said. They were walking side by side while Jolteon walked in front of them.

            "How much farther do we have to go?" Wooyoung placed his hands on his head. He just wanted to get to Pallet town, get registered, get his Charmander, and start training. This whole walking this long with nothing to do was just...Boring!

            "Honestly Youngie, I don't get how you are in that good of shape. You're too lazy for your own good." Wings said which made his Wooyoung glare and growl at him. Wings ignored him and grabbed his pack and took out his blue Pokegear that he had bought with the money he saved from the landscaping job he was given by Wooyoung's father. They both knew that this was going to be an expensive journey and wanted to make sure that they had a good financial start. So, instead of beginning blindly at the age of ten, they waited until they both turned sixteen. They had spent the last six years training their first Pokemon and "planning" everything out.

            "Good because I'm so ready to..." Wooyoung randomly turned his gaze to the right and squints intensely as if to see something deeper in the forest. "Oh, hey a pond!" he ran off of the path. Wings grumbled at his friend's A.D.D. and chased after him. Moments later, Wings came to a clearing next to a rather large pond. Wooyoung had already released his Dratini. She dove into the deep end and she came up with a happy "Ni!" Wooyoung was pretty sure she was glad to get some fresh air. He was now halfway through taking off his shirt.

            "What are you doing?" Wings tilted his head curiously.

            "What does it look like? I'm about to go swimming!" Wooyoung said. His mood switched completely when he had seen the pond. He loved being in the water. If he wasn't so fascinated with dragons, he would have totally been water Pokemon trainer. Actually, he is pretty certain he will be catching some of those as well. He looked back at his friend’s confused state and just chuckled. He thought his actions were pretty obvious. Then again, Wings could be pretty slow at times.

            "I thought...Wait...Didn't you just say..."

            "Oh Come on! If we are this close to Pallet then we got time to cool off," Wooyoung rolled his eyes. His best friend's incomplete thought process could go on for a while, so it was always a good idea to stop it as soon as you could.  The dragon trainer finished stripping down to his boxers and ran towards the pond. Sprays of water shot out from below his feet every time he stepped. Before the water reached his torso, he jumped and tackled Dratini around its' neck. She yelped in surprise when he latched onto her and they both went under water with a loud splash.         

            Seconds later, Dratini rose out of the water with a drenched Wooyoung riding on her back. The Dragon Pokemon closed her eyes and squealed playfully. Wooyoung is still fairly surprised on how long Dratini has gotten. He believed that she could be close to evolving but wasn’t too sure since he has never actually seen how big a Dragonair is in person. He just shrugs it off and turns his attention back to his still dry friend.

            "Are you coming in or are you too afraid to get your hair wet?" Wooyoung teased. He knew that would get him into the water. Wings was not the biggest fan of taunting. He liked to prove it wrong, no matter how little the statement is. He jumped off of Dratini and tried to splash Wings with water. All that the dry teen had to do was take a step backwards to avoid Wooyoung's attacks. Wings smirked evilly.

            "Fine, I guess we can take a break and cool off," Wings said as he lightly kicked off his shoes. He began to lift his shirt above his head. Wooyoung’s face felt heated and he knew he was blushing. A slight fluttering sensation flared throughout his body. He turned his head away from his best friend. After a few seconds he turned back and saw that Wings was already in the water running towards him. He didn't have enough time to dodge the blow as he was tackled. Even though his breath had left him and he was about seven feet deep in a pond at the moment, the blush had again appeared. Wooyoung’s head was full of thoughts that probably shouldn't be there at a time like this for a few more moments. He first noticed that Wings' body heat had left his, and then he realized he was running out of breath for some reason. Oh right! He was under water still. He probably should come back above water before he drowns. Yeah, that’s probably the best idea he has had today.         

 

            After forty seven more minutes of dunkings, throwings, and just horsing around a muffled ring could be heard coming from Wooyoung's bag. He swam back to shore quickly and jogged up towards his bag. He dried himself off a bit with a towel and then grabbed his green pokegear out of his bag. He looked at the caller I.D. and turned back towards Wings.

            "Mom's up!" Wooyoung yelled back. Wings walked towards where Jolteon was napping and shook the water out of his shaggy hair like a Growlithe, getting his Pokemon all wet. Jolteon groaned and opened his eyes to glare at his trainer. Wings just chuckled and then grabbed his towel and started to dry himself off. He then grabbed his clothes and started to put them back on as he was walking towards Wooyoung. Jolteon yawned, stretched his tired limbs, and followed Wings.

            "Hello?" Wooyoung said. His voice went higher than usual, as if acting as if he didn't actually who was on the other line.

            "How dare you leave without waking me!?" His mother's voice was so loud that Wooyoung had to jerk the phone away from his ear. He then put the phone on speaker.

            "Well, maybe it's because if we actually waited until you were awake, we would be leaving after noon and wouldn't get to the lab before it closed!' Wooyoung paused for a second. "And we tried to get your lazy up three times before we gave up," he mumbled.

            "What was that!?" Wooyoung' mother yelled.

            "I said I love you, mommy dearest!" Wooyoung yelled back sweetly.

            "Hi Mama Jang!" Wings intervened before this conversation got out of hand. He now stood behind Wooyoung and placed his chin on top of his best friend’s shoulder, which made Wooyoung pretty glad that Wings could not see his face at the moment.

            "Wingsy! How is everything sweetie?" Wooyoung tried to hide his chuckling as Wings sighed and blushed from his pet name that his adopted mother liked to call him.

            "Everything is fine..."

            "Really? It sounds like something is bothering you, Wingsy dear?" Wings slapped his hand on this forehead while Wooyoung was now holding his hand over his mouth, trying to control his laughter. "Is it Wooyoung?"

            "Kind of..." Wings was now glaring at Wooyoung. He always thought it was entertaining how his mother would use just about every embarrassing pet name there was whenever she talked to Wings.

            "Well whatever he's doing, just slap him. You have my permission."

            "Okay!" He slapped his best friend across the back of the head while having a triumphant smile on his face.

            "Ow! Really?" Wooyoung rubbed the spot where he was hit. Wings just shrugged back still smiling. Jolteon rolled his eyes at the two's playful antics. "Is there a reason for calling us mom?"

            "Other than the fact that I am upset that you left before I could say goodbye properly, I put some money and some travel items un the storage system for you. So, when you get to a Pokemon Center, make sure you take it out."

            "Oh, Awesome! Thanks mom. It's much appre-"

            "GEEEY!"

            The boys jumped, startled at the pained screech. Jolteon's ears were perked up and he was staring aggressively at the direction the sound had come from.

            "What was that?" Kim asked.

            "It sounded like a Pokemon." Wooyoung said.

            "It sounded like it was being attacked. Come on. Let's go check it out," Wings said. Wooyoung nodded. He knew he was worried about the critter, even if he wasn't sure exactly what it was. That's how Wings had always been. He cares for almost anything, especially for the people and Pokemon that he is close to. He makes sure that their needs come first, even before his own.

            "Hey Mom, we got to go," Wooyoung said urgently.

            "Gotcha. Be careful. I love you both!"

            "Love you too mom. Bye!" Wooyoung hung up the phone and turned towards the pond to return Dratini to her pokeball. They both gathered their belongings and sprinted towards the noise with Jolteon leading the way.

 

           

 

           

            They reached the end of the forest and they found their way back on the trail to Pallet town. They ran for a little bit longer until they saw a large patch of tall grass on the side of the trail. They saw a trainer giving commands to a male Nidoran. The pink poison Pokemon charged forward, ready to shank a tiny Pidgey with its horn. The boys could see that the bird was already in pretty bad shape. There were bruises and scrapes all over its body. There were several puncture wounds with purple outlines, telling them that it has been poisoned as well.

            "Stop!" Wings shouted at the boy. They ran up towards the one-sided battle and Jolteon tackled the Nidoran before it could do anymore damage to the injured Pidgey. Wings picked up the bird carefully.

            "What the hell are you doing?" The boy asked. Wooyoung could tell that he was pretty irritated at Wings now. "You can't just interrupt a battle like that!" Wooyoung figured that the boy was younger than both of them, yet he seemed to have more experience as a trainer. He must have been one of those kids who started when he reached the legal age. He was tall, yet not the same height as Wooyoung. His long raven hair would have shaded his eyes if it wasn’t for the neon green bandana tied around his forehead that Wooyoung couldn’t help but get frustrated with it because the fabric definitely did not match everything else he wore. The skinny boy had on a baggy red shirt that had a black calligraphy type of symbol that Wooyoung had never seen before. His black and white camouflage shorts reached down to the middle of his calves, making him look shorter than he actually was.

            “We had to stop you. You were killing this Pidgey!” Wings looked completely pissed. Wooyoung cautiously took a step away from him. He knew that when Wings was angry about something, the more space away from him that you have, the better. Jolteon began growling aggressively at the opposing trainer and his Nidoran. His fur started to prickle up and lightning crackled around him.

            “Well since you obviously won’t let me finish fighting that that thing, why don’t I battle you and your Jolteon? You see, I’m trying to get my Nidoran to evolve into a Nidorino so I can finally evolve it into a Nidoking. We need to battle anything we can. Even this runt of a bird will get us closer towards our goal,” The boy folded his arms and gave a cocky grin back to Wings and Wooyoung.

            “Nidoran! Nido!” The pink poison Pokemon smirked at Jolteon and started dragging its front leg. Jolteon narrowed his eyes even more at the taunt. His tongue was sticking out of the left side of his mouth. This was something that his pre-evolved form did a lot, especially at the beginning of a battle.

            Wooyoung noticed Wings’ dark chocolate eyes narrow. His stance changed to the one he would use when he was getting ready to for a practice battle against him. Wooyoung then tilted his head curiously. Something was holding Wings back from battling this jerk. But, what was it?

            Wings slumped his shoulders and made a disgruntled growl. “I…I can’t battle you. I’m not a Pokemon trainer yet.

 ‘Oh! That’s what it was that was holding him back.’ Wooyoung knew he was clueless at times, but he should know the “laws” to Pokemon training by now.

            “Psh. Why should that stop you? If you want to actually be a decent trainer you should battle whomever and whenever you can,” The boy said.

            “Listen kid! Wait, what is you name anyway?”

            “Like I would tell you th-“

            “His name is Key. Apparently, he is from Cerulean City and he has two badges so far. He looks even more emo in this picture too,” Wooyoung said. He was now crouched down next to a big faded green backpack that he figured was Key’s. He had a small piece of plastic the size of a credit card in his hand: A Pokemon Trainer’s card.

            Hey! Get Away from my stuff, you !” Key’s face became red as he started to run towards his belongings. Wooyoung shot up from his crouch and held up his hands in a surrendering fashion.

            “Jeez kid. Simmer down. I wasn’t going to steal anything.” He started to walk back towards Wings. “Aren’t you a little too young to know what cuss words are?” He tried to mumble that, but was a little unsuccessful.

            “I’m fifteen! I can say whatever I want to say!” Key made fists at his sides.

            “Well you act more like a five year old,” Wooyoung successfully mumbled this one so that only Wings could hear it as well. His friend snorted for a second and nodded in agreement.

            “Well decent trainers actually train well while still doing it the proper way. They also don’t fight to the death! It just makes them… uh... not good people! Yeah,” Wings said which made Wooyoung slap his forehead in embarrassment. Wings could never finish a comeback. And he was starting off so well! He should just leave the mudslinging to him from now on.

            “Whatever.” Key was getting mad about how this conversation turned around. Wooyoung wondered if this threw a lot of tantrums when he was younger. It’s probably the reason why his parents let him leave for his journey as early as he could. “If you won’t let me battle you, then I will just have to finish off that Pidgey. Nidoran! Poison Sting!”

            “Nido!”

            Wooyoung watched in horror as Key called his attack and Wings turned around to protect the Pidgey from any more harm. That’s when he sprang into action. He ran to get in front of his best friend. There is no way in hell he was going to let him get hurt. He reached the front of his friend as the Nidoran dodged Jolteon’s headbutt attack, jumped up high, and launched his attack in midair. He saw five purple needles come flying towards him. He had just enough time to block his face from the attack with his arms. They all sunk deep into his flesh.

            “Ahhh! Son of a !” Wings turned around and saw that Wooyoung was now lying on the ground.

 “Serves that jackass right!” Wooyoung noticed that Key’s voice had sounded faded. He turned his head and witnessed Key return his Nidoran, grabbed his stuff and ran away.  

 “Humph, coward.”

            “Youngie!” Wooyoung smiled slightly at the nickname that he really disliked. Although, it always sounded a little more bearable when Wings said it. He turned his attention back to his friend.

            “Are you okay Wings?” Wooyoung asked quietly. His breathing was getting a bit shallow. Wings was taken back a bit from the question.

            “What? Yeah I’m fine.”

            “Oh, Good.” Wooyoung let out one last breath and passed out with a smile on his face.

 

Wings' Polemon: Jolteon

Wooyoung's Pokemon: Dratini

So, I hope this chapter is better than the first one.  I will be most likely be switching the POV’s of each chapter between three or four main characters (the third will be included in the next chapter!).  And they will finally be actually starting their journey in the next chapter as well! Well I hope you enjoyed. Please Read and Review!!!