Chapter 12

Don't look back

 

Taeyeon stood outside Exo’s dorm, waiting for Sehun to open the door.

Sehun greeted her, “Morning, noona.”

“Morning. Going for training?”

“Yes, we just finished our breakfast. Come on in.” Sehun gestured her into the dorm.

Chanyeol walked out of his bedroom and close the door behind him.

“He’s still sleeping.” Chanyeol bowed at Taeyeon.

Suho gathered the other members and they went out for their trainings. Before Chanyeol close the gate, he told Taeyeon, “I trust you.”

Taeyeon opened the door and stepped into Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s dorm. It was small but cosy. The aircon was on and Baekhyun is sleeping soundly with his blanket covering half of his body. Taeyeon pulled a chair and sat beside his bed quietly while watching him yelps like a puppy in few minutes interval. She wondered why he can make such sounds when sleeping. It sounds cute to her.

Her eyes make its way down, from his eyes, his sharp nose…. to his pale pink lips.

She reached out her hands unknowingly and slightly touched his dry lips. It made Baekhyun woke up in surprise. He sat up in shock and Taeyeon backed away.

“Noona?” Baekhyun asked in his husky voice. He never thought that Taeyeon would appear inside his room. He rubbed his eyes again and looked carefully. He thought he was dreaming so he lay back down and close his eyes. A few seconds later, he jumped up from his bed. Nope, he realizes he wasn’t dreaming. He could feel her presence.

“Noona, you’re here?”

Taeyeon pinched his cheek with both of her hands.

“Is it a dream?”

“It feels like, but…” He felt her warm hands on his cheek, “It’s not a dream. Noona, why are you here?”

“Get up and have your breakfast. I bought some cakes for you.” Taeyeon pulled Baekhyun out of his bed and push him into the washroom.

Baekhyun smile and listened to her. He brushed his teeth and washed his face before he took a shower.

Taeyeon took out a slice of cake and placed it right before him on the dining table. “Try this flavor.” She passed him a fork.

“What brings you here?” Baekhyun asked.

“I came to see you.” She sat down opposite him.

“Didn’t you say you want to break up with me? Why did you come today?” Baekhyun asked while he starts eating the cake deliciously. Well, he had skipped his lunch and dinner yesterday and he was fighting against his hunger the whole night.

“I was sad when I heard about what you did for the past few days.” Taeyeon looked at him. “Why didn’t you attend your schedules? Why didn’t you eat well?”

Baekhyun took another slice of cake. “I wanted to rest.”

“Sorry.” Taeyeon apologized. “I was out of my mind that day.”

Baekhyun continue to eat his cake quietly. He was waiting for her to continue.

“Hyerim came and looked for me.”

Baekhyun looked up. Just as when Taeyeon started to be serious, she saw the whipped creams all over Baekhyun’s lips. She started to laugh and took out a piece of tissue to wipe it off for him.

“Don’t move.” She said when Baekhyun moved slightly when she placed the tissue on his lips.

“Hyerim? My ex girlfriend?”

“Yes. She told me about you.”

“What did she said?” He took a huge bite of the cake and asked.

“To cut it short, she told me you are still seeing her.”

Baekhyun dropped his fork and let out a cough. “So this is why you wanted to break up with me?”

“Do you want to explain yourself?”

“So you don’t trust me at all.” He gave a disappointed look. “There’s nothing between us.”

“I’m sorry. I know I was acting too hastily to mention the breakup.” 

Baekhyun stood up and walked over to Taeyeon.

“This shows that you care for me.” He put his arms around her neck and planted a kiss on her cheek.

Taeyeon stood up and turned to her partner.

“I don’t know why I did that.” She sighed.

He gently flicked his fingers on her forehead and said, “Because you’re jealous.”

“I’m not. I- ” And she felt something pressed against her lips before she could finish her sentence. She froze.

A short while later, Baekhyun pulled his lips away from Taeyeon’s and apologized.

“Sorry, I have creams all over my lips. And it seems like you had gotten it as well.” He laughs cheekily while he wipes the creams he did on Taeyeon’s lips carefully with his long sleeves.

Taeyeon did not take long to respond to that sudden kiss.

“You did it on purpose right?” She smiles, trying not to make the situation awkward.

“Of course not. I forgot I dirtied my lips just now when I was eating.”

“So…did you forgive me?” Taeyeon looked into his eyes.

“Promise me you won’t mention breakup so easily again. You trust me, don’t you?”

Taeyeon nodded. “You must also promise me you won’t starve yourself again because of me, okay?” She pointed at his face with her index finger and Baekhyun tried to bite it like a little kid.

Taeyeon cannot deny that even though sometimes she does get annoyed by the cute actions that Baekhyun did, she still likes how he can be mature yet childish at times. 

-End of Chapter 12-

A/N: Hello! I'm back, but i think i might finish this fanfic soon~~~

So yeah, thanks for reading! xD

I'll be back again to update the next chapter.