Four.

Cars, Cafés, and College

*unbeta-ed, watch out for spelling and grammar errors.

It's Friday and school's just finished so that meant Jongin and Sehun's weekend has just about started.

"Hey," Jongin says over the phone. He called Taemin the moment he got out of class, "I'm heading home, class just ended. But I won't be here for the weekend. I'll be going to visit my grandparents." He tells his boyfriend.

"Oh." Taemin frowns on the other end. "You didn't tell me earlier…?" He tried not to sound too disappointed and somehow, it came out sort of as an in-between question and statement. He didn't want to pry or seem clingy, but Taemin didn't know how else to ask Jongin. Shouldn't a visit to the outskirts of town for the weekend be something he was informed about sooner?

"Yeah, it was impromptu. Sorry." Jongin apologizes, rubbing the back of his neck. He spots Sehun in the hallway and waves, they walk together to exit the school, Jongin still on the phone with Taemin. "I'm leaving tomorrow morning. Oh, and Sehun will be coming too."

"I see." Taemin tries harder to hide the disappointment in his voice. "Well, you two have fun." Is all he says.

"We could have dinner tonight." Jongin quickly says.

Taemin smiles on his end, "Yeah, I'd love to."

"Okay, it's a date." Jongin grins. Sehun rolls his eyes and makes a gagging movement, he walks ahead of Jongin so he doesn't have to hear what else his best friend would be saying to his boyfriend.

"What time? Where will we go?"

Jongin chuckles, "I haven't planned this out yet. Calm down."

"It doesn't have to be fancy." Taemin says.

"I know, I know. But we haven't gone out in a while, y'know, all dressy."

Taemin snorts, "I really don't mind. It's hard to dress up fancy. Please, let's eat somewhere I can wear a shirt and jeans."

Jongin laughs, "Aye aye!" He agrees.

"Will you be going home or will you stay at your dorm tonight?"

"Sehun and I are going home. Gotta pack. Dorm clothes wont cut it."

"I'll just go to your place then. We can decide there. Sound good?"

"Sounds perfect." Jongin nods on his end.

"I'll leave in an hour." Taemin tells him.

"Okay, I'll see you soon."

"Yeah. Love you."

"Love you, too."

 

Jongin and Sehun don't stop by their dorm, they head straight home. Their neighborhood is a good hour away from their school (that's why they dorm) so they get there and have barely enough time to fix themselves before Taemin arrives.

 

"I thought you were 'leaving in an hour'??" Jongin accuses Taemin from his position on the bed.

Taemin watches his boyfriend amusedly; gently leaning on Jongin's doorframe, arms crossed over his chest. "What? You don't want me here?" Taemin pretend-pouts.

"No, it's not that. It's just," Jongin pauses, "Look at me. I'm not even ready. I haven't bathed and I smell like school."

"Jongin, please. You're being dramatic."

Jongin chuckles. "Yeah, I guess." He yawns. "Want to lie down with me?" He offers.

Taemin shrugs but leans off the doorframe and makes his way towards Jongin's bed. Jongin shifts around to make space for his boyfriend. Taemin lies on his side and faces Jongin. The two smile at each other for a few minutes till Taemin decides to break the silence.

"So how was school today?" He asks.

Jongin groans a little, "The same. Tiring though…" He yawns again.

"Poor Nini is getting worn out by college." Taemin says in a baby voice. By now his hand is raised up and he's Jongin's cheek gently.

Jongin rolls his eyes. "Stop calling me that. You can easily be a 'Nini' too." He argues. Taemin only laughs. He moves his hand behind Jongin's neck and starts absent-mindedly playing with the ends of his hair. Jongin smiles in content and closes his eyes.

"We don't need to go out if you're tired, babe." Taemin whispers. "We could order take-out and stay in."

"That sounds perfect." Jongin replies tiredly.

 

They end up ordering McDonalds. A whole lot of McDonalds.

 

"Did you not eat the whole day?" Taemin asks flabbergasted when their orders arrive. Jongin just whines. "I mean, I know we can eat a lot but holy crap."

Jongin had ordered a total of 30 pieces of McNuggets, 3 large fries, 2 Double Quarter Pounders, 2 McChicken sandwiches and a Big Mac.

 

Taemin felt like Mary Poppins taking the food out of the paper bag. It just didn't stop. (Eventually it did)

"I'm so hungry, okay." Jongin says already unwrapping his Big Mac.

Taemin decides he wants to watch Jongin eat first. He puts aside a box of 10-piece nuggets to munch on though.

It took Jongin probably 7 or 8 bites before his Big Mac was no more. He wasn't even done chewing his burger and he was already stuffing his face with handfuls of fries. Taemin was so sure Jongin was going to choke. Luckily he didn't.

While Jongin was finishing up one order of the large fries, Taemin's eaten a total of 3 nuggets, pacing himself the exact opposite of Jongin.

"Slow down, tiger." Taemin finally comments, chuckling, when Jongin reached for one of the 10-piece nuggets and was about to stuff his face with them. "Breathe."

Jongin finally pauses and inhales and exhales slowly.

"Drink something." Taemin says and hands him one of the Coke's that came with the meal. Jongin gulps that all down really quickly too.

"Did you and Sehun smoke up? This is some munchies level ."

Jongin whines again, "No. Sehun and I have never even seen . Give us more credit."

Taemin shrugs, "Whoops? Anyway, just slow down, baby boy." He chuckles. (Jongin rolls his eyes at the nickname) "You might get indigestion."

"God this is so good." Jongin moans with a mouthful of food, completely ignoring Taemin's warning about indigestion. He had a nuggets and McChicken sandwich combo going on in his mouth.

"Y'know, good thing I'm already dating you." Taemin comments with a grin.

Jongin glares at Taemin and then rolls his eyes. It wasn't the least bit offending because his cheeks were puffed up and he didn't look menacing at all. "Whap? I'm fooper akraktiv!" Jongin counters with a mouthful of food.

"Yeahhhhh…. really attractive." Taemin says sarcastically, daintily popping a nugget into his mouth.

Jongin just shrugs and then swallows the chicken mix in his mouth. "It's part of my charm." He replies confidently while reaching for one of the double quarter-pounders.

Taemin couldn't argue with that.

 

After the McDonalds fiesta, (most of which Jongin ate-- to be fair to Taemin he finished the 10 piece nuggets, large fries and 1 doubleqpc-- the rest was all Jongin) the 2 decided they wanted to go for a leisurely stroll. You know, so the food would go down and what not.

"Let me lie down for a bit." Jongin whines when Taemin had tried to get him out of bed and out of the house already.

"Nope. We'll never get to leave." Taemin shakes his head and pulls Jongin by one arm trying to physically get him off the bed.

 

He finally gets Jongin up and out of his mess of sheets and outside into the streets of Jongin's gated neighborhood. They start off with a slow pace because Jongin was still not in the mood to be walking around so Taemin just matched his pace with his boyfriend's, holding his hand loosely and telling Jongin about his day.

The two chat about random things and Jongin makes Taemin laugh a lot, but Taemin makes Jongin smile a lot, so all is fair. But Taemin turns a little gloomy when Jongin brings up how excited he is to visit his grandparents in the countryside. It's really peaceful and secluded there and he loves taking time out just to relax. Jongin continues to tell Taemin about what he remembers from his childhood in his grandparents' house and how Sehun would visit with him then too.

Taemin smiles and he's genuinely happy to hear all about Jongin's childhood and a place that's special to him, but he's still a bit sad about it. Jongin notices Taemin's gone quiet and he sort of has an idea why.

 

"Why… why don't you come with us?" Jongin quietly suggests when they're nearing his place. "We've never gone on a trip--or whatever--before and…" Jongin shrugs. He stutters as he shyly suggests, "I don't know, I think it would be fun."

Taemin beams. He tries not to smile too big.

"Are you busy this weekend?"

"Work on the weekends is just Fridays and Saturdays helping Key-hyung with setting up his shop, I don't think he would mind if I missed tomorrow… plus I don't work on Sundays anyway…" Taemin says.

Jongin's face lights up. "So you'll come?!" Now it's his turn to not smile so hard.

"Yeah, I'd love to." Taemin nods. "I'm really happy you invited me."

"If we didn't have this walk, I probably wouldn't have been ready yet…" Jongin admits. "To, y'know, ask you to do something like this, w-with me." Jongin could never control his nerves around Taemin, even if they've been together for a few months already.

"Thank you." Taemin says gently, smiling at Jongin as he softly squeezes his boyfriend's hand.

Jongin grins and leans in give Taemin a chaste kiss on the lips, "You can sleep over if you want… you can borrow mine and Sehun's clothes for the weekend." Jongin suggests, lips ghosting over Taemin's own as he speaks.

Taemin grins and reluctantly pulls away to reply. "You." He starts with a tone, "Can be so naughty sometimes. Don't mess with me like that."

"I just want to cuddle!!!" Jongin protests with a whine.

Taemin laughs because his boyfriend is too cute. When he stops, his smile still reaches his eyes. And then he pulls Jongin in for a long, deep kiss, because yes, he's very much in-love right now.


This chapter took forever to complete I probably tried to keep writing it about 12 times or something in the span of the couple of months I didn't update. I swear I tried really hard some days. Anyway. Yes, well idk, this chapter is a biiiiiiit longer, yeah? OTL I'm really sorry I don't update. I just don't know what to write?? Writer's block for eternity. But plot's starting to pick-up? Hopefully I can update in a few months again hahahahah

forever thank you, my patient readers. #TaeKai4Lyf