Two.

Cars, Cafés, and College

 

*this chapter was not proof-read

"So, how's the whole driver's test been going?" Taemin asks his dongsaengs.

"I don't even have my student's permit yet." Jongin sighs, frowning as he stuffs his face with a mozzarella stick. Taemin pats him on the back.

"I got mine 3 days ago, but that's not really much to brag about." Sehun says.

"You guys didn't apply for a permit together?"

"Jongin chickened out."

Jongin kicks Sehun's shin from under the table.

"Hater!" Sehun snaps at Jongin. And Jongin just laughs.

"Seriously, though… you didn't even try?" Taemin faces his boyfriend.

"I'm not ready yet." Jongin whines.

Sehun shakes his head as he chews on his piece of fried chicken, "He's underselling himself. Jongin is a pretty decent driver."

"You just need to practice." Taemin says patting Jongin's back.

"Don't you drive, Taemin?" Sehun asks.

"I can. But I prefer not to… driving around Seoul is a ."

Jongin gives his boyfriend a wtf look, "Well that's encouraging me."

Taemin laughs, "Sorry." He pinches Jongin's nose to compensate. "But driving is fun, I promise."

Sehun throws a crumpled napkin ball at them. "Can you two not?!"

"Nose-pinching wasn't in our 3rd-wheel-no-PDA-agreement!!!" Taemin snaps.

 

 

The trio are stepping out of the restaurant when Sehun asks, "Do you two have any more plans? Cause if you do, I could just meet up with Chanyeol or something…"

"What if Chanyeol's busy, what would you do?" Jongin questions his best friend.

Sehun nods, "Didn't think that far ahead."

"Figured." Jongin grins. "I don't think we've made anymore plans…" He trails off looking at Taemin. 

Taemin shakes his head. "Nope, I only made plans for lunch cause I'm babysitting this evening."

Sehun raises his eyebrows. "His relatives came to visit and he has toddler cousins… his parents and their parents are going out so Taemin has to babysit." Jongin explains.

"Bummer."

"It's alright." Taemin smiles.

"I'm sure it'll be fun." Jongin reassures. "You enjoy your cousins right?"

"Very much." Taemin nods affirmatively.

"…wish I enjoyed my toddler cousins…" Sehun mumbles.

"He's a kid hater." Jongin whispers to Taemin, which makes his boyfriend chuckle.

"DON'T BE A DOUCHEBAG KAI!"

"Ew. Don't call me that!" Jongin argues with Sehun.

"Hey! I have an idea, why don't you two come over and help me baby sit?"

Jongin would love any reason to stay with Taemin and Sehun liked hanging out with them, too. But Jongin wasn't far off from his accusation about Sehun being a kid hater.

"Er….. I have homework." Sehun lies.

Taemin laughs, "It's okay. You don't have to come, I was just suggesting."

Jongin looks at Taemin, "I'd love to tag along, actually."

"You're too sweet. It's baby-sitting!"

"I like kids…" Jongin shrugs. "…not, in the pedo way." He frowns defensively.

Taemin laughs and Sehun shakes his head because he doesn't support Jongin making jokes.

"Ew, so you two are going to play house with Taemin's cousins. That's just wrong."

Jongin rolls his eyes and Taemin throws a crumpled piece of paper from his pocket at Sehun.

"Well, you guys enjoy playing house." Sehun bitterly says towards Jongin and Taemin before parting ways with them.

 

 

Taemin and Jongin arrive in Taemin's house and he tells his parents Jongin will be babysitting with him. It's completely fine with Taemin's parents they remind Taemin of the rules (bedtime, food to serve, etc) and tell the two to have fun before they bid them good bye.

His toddler cousins have been in their house since lunch time, since their parents had been running errands the whole day. So, in an attempt to have give his aunt and uncle a chill night, his parents will be meeting their parents for dinner.

First, Taemin introduces Jongin to his cousins.

"Jongin, this is Yoogeun," Taemin points to a toddler with dark, almost black, hair and big round eyes, "This is Sukhyun," This time, to a kid who looked older, and had a bored expression on his face with long curly hair. "And this is Soojeong." Taemin pointed to the only girl toddler there.

"You have such cute cousins!" Jongin coos, "What happened to you?" He grins shooting Taemin a teasing look.

Taemin punched Jongin in the arm when Soojeong and Sukhyun laughed.

Jongin crouches down to their level, "How old are you guys?" He asks them.

"I'm 6." Soojeong replies, a pretty smile gracing her face.

Jongin turns to Sukhyun who says that he's 7. "And what about Yoogeun?" He asks, the toddler raises 4 fingers indicating he's the youngest from the bunch.

"Are they all related?" Jongin whispers to Taemin as he stands up.

"If you're asking if they're siblings, then yes." Taemin laughs. "Cause the 4 of us are related, we're cousins."

Jongin rolls his eyes, pretending not to be amused by Taemin's sarcasm.

"Okay!" Taemin claps his hands. "Where do we start?"

 

 

Sukhyun busied himself with his mom's iPad and was playing a bunch of random games. Every time Taemin went to check on what he was playing, it was something new. The 7-year old was now playing the 12x12 board on Flow.

Taemin was with Yoogeun playing with his toy cars but the youngest grew bored after a while so he had Taemin build Lego blocks with him.

Soojeong, on the other hand had taken a huge liking to Jongin that they ended up playing house. Soojeong being the mommy and Jongin as the daddy.

When Soojeong had announced she and Jongin got married, Taemin teased his boyfriend that he was jealous and, "I can't believe you've replaced me for a younger woman!" He whispered playfully stealing a kiss on Jongin's cheek when the kids weren't looking.

 

 

"Yeobo!" Soojeong calls, and Jongin's head snaps toward her direction from his place on the coffee table, where he was setting up small table settings for his and Soojeong's fake dinner. "Can you watch my cookies?" Soojeong says, "I have to go out and buy milk." (Taemin's kitchen was the supermarket)

Jongin happily complies with his 'wife', "Neh!" He says cheerfully and crawls over to Soojeong's imaginary kitchen.

Jongin and Soojeong's fake dinner reminds Taemin of their real dinner, when he checks the time, it's already past 7:30, and he should have fed the kids 30 minutes ago.

 

 

"Kids!" Taemin suddenly calls out, halting his Lego robot construction with Yoogeun. "It's dinner time. You wanna eat?"

Soojeong jumps up and down and says she's hungry and Sukhyun nods, putting the iPad down.

"What about Yoogeunnie?" Taemin asks his playmate. The child nods and asks what's for dinner.

"Taemin hyung made baked spaghetti!" He answers his youngest cousin.

"Yay! Spaghetti!" Soojeong applauds happily.

"Let's go!" Taemin urges and takes Yoogeun's hand. "To the kitchen, Hyunnie." He says to Sookhyun.

Soojeong grabs Jongin's hand immediately, "Oppa, sit with me." She says looking up at him with her puppy eyes.

"I'd love to, Soojeongie." Jongin smiles at her charmingly.

Taemin chuckles at his cousin's obvious school-girl crush on his boyfriend.

 

 

Lee Taemin makes a mean baked spaghetti, and when Jongin has his first plate, he forgets he's baby-sitting because he's so concentrated on his dinner. Jongin didn't realize he was that hungry until it was dinner time.

Soojeong and Sukhyun were very capable of feeding themselves, but Taemin took extra precaution with Yoogeun. He had cut up the spaghetti into bite size pieces so it would be easier for Yoogeun to eat.

 

After dinner, it was movie time and Yoogeun and Soojeong's movie choices clashed. Soojeong wanted to watch Wreck-It Ralph and Yoogeun wanted to watch the first Pokemon movie.

Taemin decided to leave Sukhyun and Soojeong inside his room, and let them watch Wreck-It Ralph on his t.v., while he, Jongin and Yoogeun would watch the first Pokemon movie in the living room.

Soojeong wasn't too pleased that Jongin wasn't going to be watching with her.

("I have to stay with Yoogeunnie because your Taemin oppa needs to clean in the kitchen." Jongin says.

"But Yoogeun can watch by himself!" Soojeong pouts.

"So can you, Soojeongie, I'm sorry. Taemin needs my help.")

 

 

"I have hot milk for the kids," Taemin whispers to Jongin when Sukhyun and Soojeong are inside his room, and when Yoogeun is engrossed in his movie of choice. "Yoogeun always drifts off to sleep after he's had his warm milk. And the two others get mellow once they have theirs. We can have time for each other for a few minutes."

"You're such a bad baby-sitter!" Jongin chuckles.

Taemin sticks his tongue out and then whispers, "You love me."

Jongin chuckles and shakes his head, and the shaking of head universally means no, but the look in Jongin's eyes when he looks back at Taemin says the complete opposite.

 

 


 

UHM. wow. 1 month to update? What's new. OTL sorry it took so long for me to update this. I got lazy and wasnt inspired. I've been on break for almost 2 weeks now, so hopefully I have 2 or 3 more chapters up before I go back to school. Huhuhuhu. This will definitely take longer to finish than Pretty Barista, but I hope it doesnt disappoint you guys. Comments are always appreciated and thank you for subsrcibing and supporting this story! :D

oh yeah, for reference:
Sukhyun | Soojeong | Yoogeun