One.

Cars, Cafés, and College

 

It was a sunny afternoon and Jongin and Sehun were happily running out of Jongin's house before coming to an abrupt stop suddenly noticing a shiny new vehicle parked right in front of Jongin's house.

"What the hell is that? Is that yours?" Sehun asks his best friend slowly.

"It's not parked in our garage, so I don't think it's ours."

"Well it's definitely not ours." Sehun says, and he looks around the rest of their street to see who else could be the owner of the brand new sports car. "It would be really awkward for the Hwang's or the Lee's to have parked it right there."

(the Hwang's were the ones who lived in the house across Jongin's family and the Lee's were the one's who lived in the house across Sehun's)

Jongin shrugs, "Who knows." He says simply. "Come on, let's go! I'm hungry, Sehun-ah!!!" Jongin whines.

Sehun rolls his eyes at the childishness of his best friend. 

But before they can even take two steps, Jongin's phone rings and he checks the caller i.d. to see that it's his mom and they talk on the phone for two minutes and Sehun swears Jongin's made more facial expressions in those two minutes than he ever has in a regular day.

"What is it??" Sehun asked impatiently.

"That ing car. It's my mom's."

Sehun's jaw drops.

"Mid life crisis much?"

"I know dude!" Jongin agrees. "How embarrassing." He groans. "I don't want people seeing my mom drive around a ing yellow Z3!"

Sehun grins mischievously, "Well… why don't we take it out for a spin?"

"Do you want my parents to disown us??"

"We'll still have mine!" Sehun replies cheerfully and Jongin chuckles cause that much was true, "And don't even pretend you don't wanna try it out."

"I'm not even qualified to drive my dad's old Benz, what more this new BMW?"

Sehun smiles waving his new permit, "Well I am! So why not?"

Jongin actually smacks him. "Get over yourself. Let's go! Taemin's waiting."

"Right, right. I forgot I'm third-wheeling on your date… again." Sehun groans.

Jongin laughs but pulls his best friend along to the bus stop, "C'mon, you know you enjoy my dates with Taemin as much as I do."

Sehun shakes his head. "."

"Let's just get you a girlfriend already!!!!"

 

It's been almost a year since Sehun and Jongin have been attending college. All of Jongin's senior year fears were crushed when he found out he passed Seoul University for the Arts, and Sehun had passed 3 of the college entrance tests he took but decided to take architecture in the same university as his best friend. (Jongin always about probably being the only lawyer with a lisp, so Sehun chose architecture to be his major and yet again, ended up going to the same school as his best friend)

While Sehun got accepted for his first choice in Seoul University for the Arts (Architecture), Jongin got accepted in his second choice which was Technical Theater.

"That just means you're destined to dance as a hobby, not for a living." Taemin reassured Jongin when he told him about his acceptance letter. "Didn't you say before you didn't want to dance for a living?"

It only took a couple of months for Jongin and Sehun to adjust to their college lives and both of them were enjoying it. (for the most part, sometimes homework is a )

The two had also moved into their own apartment closer to their university. (they refused to stay in a dorm because they didn't know if they would be roommates and school dorms don't allow guests inside, excuse me. so the two convinced their parents to get them an apartment near the school) And so far, they've been handling their new status as college freshmen really well.

 

 

But life always poses new challenges. Sure they weren't as scared to be in college as they used to be when they were in high school, but now there are bigger things to worry about than Art History pop quizzes.

Their driver's test.

Jongin and Sehun made no effort to learn how to drive while they were in high school. Weird. I know. What kind of boys aren't excited to drive, right? Honestly speaking, had the two not moved away from home they still wouldn't learn how to drive yet. It became more of a necessity once they realized it was going to be more convenient for them to driver for when they get into the nitty gritty of their courses.

They were art students now! (sort of) and carrying all these art materials on public transportation would pose a very, very difficult travel experience. So the two made it a priority to learn how to drive before they enter into their 2nd year of college.

This plan wasn't going all too well, though. Which is why they still take public transportation.

 

 

"You're late."

"It's 2:37…" Sehun says checking the time on his phone.

But Jongin wasn't the type to argue with his boyfriend when he was annoyed, so he tried to soothe him. "Sorry, Sehun and I got distracted." …sort of.

Taemin sighs but chuckles nonetheless, "You two always get distracted. What was it this time?"

Jongin and Sehun are now taking their seats as Taemin interrogated them. (Jongin sitting beside Taemin and Sehun sitting across from his best friend)

Sehun wasted no time in answering Taemin's question, "Jongin's parents got a new sportscar!"

"THEY WHAT?!"

Jongin could only face palm. And groan.

"Is he serious?!" Taemin faces his boyfriend now. Jongin nods.

"It's a BMW Z3." He mumbles. "A yellow one."

Taemin was dumbfounded. "Why."

"I… don't… know…" Jongin answers, finally detaching his hands from his face. And this is the first time Jongin and Taemin looked at each other eye to eye today.

The closeness of Jongin's face made Taemin forget the what he was going to say and instead smiles a stupid grin (which he definitely picked up from being with Jongin too much).

"I didn't say hi to you properly." Taemin says in that cheesy way of his. "Hi." And Taemin is grinning as he closes the gap between him and his boyfriend, planting a chaste kiss on Jongin's lips.

Sehun has to look away because even though Jongin and Taemin have been dating for months, he still isn't used to watching his best friend locking lips with a guy.

When Jongin kisses back, this is Sehun's cue to break-up the potential exhibition of PDA (which Taemin and Jongin have been known to do in the past. Once Jongin got over being shy and kissing Taemin in public, they couldn't get their hands off each other. their 'honeymoon phase', which was the whole summer before going into college, lasted about 3 months. Sehun would be lying if he said bile hasn't crawled up his esophagus when he caught the two face more than once)

"Can we order now?" Sehun promptly says. This has Taemin quickly pulling away from Jongin. Both have 100-watt smiles on their faces.

"Yes, sure!" Taemin flags down a waiter for menus.

"Wait. You didn't order anything yet?" Jongin asks.

Taemin shakes his head, "No, I actually just got here." He laughs.

"So much for 'you're late.'" Sehun copies Taemin's voice, feigning annoyance.

"You guys are fun to tease." Is all Taemin says before he buries his face in the menu.

 


 

And there you go! The first chapter! :D I hope you guys liked it. It was more of an introduction to what's gonna be happening in the story and sort of like catching up on what's happened to Kai, Sehun and Taemin since my previous story. Okay, now the hard part. Updating. I don't know when I'll be updating this, but hopefully it won't take me a month like before, I want to keep this going for a while before I start becoming lazy to write...

on that note, your comments and subscriptions really keep me going, though! so, if you would like, share your own experiences if when you newly entered college/high school or if you've had driver's test problems, and maybe i can draw inspiration from that? yeah, who knows? anyway! yes. this first chapter proves i'm back and i'll be spreading TaeKai love once again! hahaha.