When He Confesses to You [Youngmin]

Idol Scenarios
When he confesses to you. (Boyfriend's Jo Youngmin)

 

Requested by: minniemarshmallow13

 

You stand in front of the mirror and smoothen down your outfit one last time. You try to smile at your reflection but fail. The nerves are getting to you. 

Today, you were going shopping with the Jo Twins in the nearby mall.

This is a big problem because it isn't just Kwangmin you're going with - Kwangmin, the 4D dork-who-is-four-years-older-but-acts-like-he-is-twelve. It's Kwangmin and Youngmin. Youngmin, the charismatc boy-who-is-four-years-older-and-is-the-man-of-your-dreams.

It's an even bigger problem because it was Youngmin who had invited you, not Kwangmin. When you answered the phone call a few days back, you expected it to be Kwangmin on the other end. To your surprise, a slightly higher-pitched voice greeted you, along with an exponential increase in your heart rate. After you agreed to his plans and hung up, you launched your brain into a thinking overload of what if's and why's. And now, here you are.

The doorbell rings, and you gulp, excited and anxious at the same time. You take a deep breath as you head down to your front door.

 

"Ready to go?" Youngmin says as he smiles at you, jacket hung loosely on his back. A little dazed (because Youngmin just had to be the first one you see after opening the door), you start to reply when Kwangmin pops out from behind his brother's back. He grabs your arm and proceeds to drag you to the car.

"Of course, she's ready, hyung! I bet she spent all day trying to look nice for me, right?" Kwangmin says as he nudges your shoulder playfully. You roll your eyes at him, but you can't fight the smile forming on your face. He is your best friend, after all.

"Let's go, let's go!" Kwangmin screams as he gets into the car with you. You look out the window to find Youngmin quietly shaking his head before walking towards the car.

 

As you step into the doors of the mall, you look at all of the stalls with a gleam in your eye. Kwangmin seems to share your mood, hopping a little bit in his place. Only Youngmin stands cool and collected, his confident gaze sweeping across the area.

Kwangmin grabs your hand and drags you to the nearest shop. You squeal at the sudden movement.

Unbeknownst to you, Youngmin frowns.

 

You spend the day mostly with Kwangmin, partly because the both of you are charged with so much energy, and partly because you are too shy to talk to his older twin. You feel guilty neglecting him like that, especially since Youngmin was the one that invited you. Youngmin follows the two of you like a storm cloud, his expression darkening more and more as time flies by. You think that it's because he doesn't like feeling left out, and once again, a pang of guilt hits you. 

However, right before you could gather the courage to approach Youngmin, Kwangmin whisks you away to look at some of the Pikachu plush toys on display.

 

Thoroughly exhausted, Kwangmin snores as he leans against the window of the car. You snicker to yourself, wondering where all his vigor went. Youngmin chuckles beside you.

"He was being an awful third-wheeler on our date today, huh?" Youngmin asks you. Your heart skips a beat at his usage of terms. You almost want to scream at him for making you hope so much.

"That's just how he is. Kwangmin oppa's fun to be with, though," you say. Youngmin hums as a response and looks out the window.

You wonder what is going through his head. He was being more quiet than usual, and it kind of put you on the edge. It also didn't help that the last thing he said had the words our date in them.  

A few (tense) moments pass, before Youngmin pipes up again. "Hey, do you - do you like Kwangmin?"

Confused as to why he would ask such a question, you quickly shake your head.

"He's my best friend, nothing more." 

Youngmin smiles and leans his head against the car's backrest. He closes his eyes, and you think to yourself that you'd have to face another tense period of silence.

Well, you are wrong.

"Good. Because I like you."

Your world stops for a moment.

You sputter and ask him, how, why, what? Youngmin opens his eyes slightly and peeks at you.

"I like you. Would - would that be a problem?" He asks, slightly fearful of what you might say. Your head is floating, and your insides are tingling, but you know better than to let this chance slip away.

You shake your head, this time, with a grin on your face.

"I like you, too."

Youngmin matches your grin with one of his own. Before you can react, he lays his head down on top of yours.

"You're going to have to make it up to me. You neglected me today," Youngmin says as he pouts. You laugh, letting yourself loose, because your heart is singing and the sun is shining and not even Kwangmin's loud snores can ruin that moment.

Youngmin kisses the crown of your head, and you think that reality is so much better than your dreams.

   

A/N: Thank you for the request, minniemarshmallow13! Sorry it took so long. ^^;; I hope this is all right!