Prom-Yoona

Overcoming Difficulties

Fate.

It's a funny thing.

It isn't always what you expected.

-

Love.

It's an unknown creature.

You don't understand it until you're in it.

...

Jessica quit the cheerleading team, resigned from student council president, and broke up with her jerk face boyfriend, Donghae. She looked different in her normal outfit. She doesn't resemble a chatty, air headed queen bee anymore; now, she looks mature, grounded, and easy-going. I like it like that, the way she changed. She used to be the Jessica who did everything to look cool; now she's the Jessica who did everything because she needed to. I like her even more for what she is now.

Sure, the school had a rumor going on that said Jessica quits the popularity world because she's a lesbian and didn't want to look bad, but she quit all of that for me. She wanted to spend more time with me, so she resigned form student souncil president and the cheerleading team. I feel so moved by her when she told me she did those for me.

I finally began to feel more comfortable at school. I had my group of dorky but trustworthy friends, and I have a girlfriend who loves me just as much as I love her. You can say whatever you want, but this is my life: I'm happy with what I am right now, and you can't tell me it's wrong.

...

"Yoona, what do you think of this dress?" asked Jessica. She picked a dress from the rack and lay it on her. I shook my head and gave her thumbs-down. We were picking out our junior prom dress, and it's been an hour since we came to this shop. I already have mine picked out, but she spent a really long time deciding on a dress. I would blame myself partly because I shot down every dress she showed me, but she took the advice and kept looking for another one, not even bothering to argue with me. But suddenly, she stomped her feet and crossed her arms.

"I really like this dress." she insisted. I shrugged and half smiled.

"So buy it." I said. She sighed and went to the fitting room, murmuring things on her way. I continued looking around the shop, checking out things here and there. After a few minuted, Jesscia stopped out of the fitting room in the dress.

I was speechless.

I stared at her in complete awe, my mouth fell agape as she twirls around in that dress. She's just....beautiful. There was only one sleeve, and it made her arm look longer; the belt around her waist sculpted her thin figure; the length was just enough to make her look taller and slimmer. 

"I know. It sucks." she sighed. Just as she was about to go back to the fitting room, I ran over and grabbed her wrist.

"It's....the one, Jess." I said, looking at her in the eye. She stared back at me and smiled. 

"Really?" she asked. I nodded. 

We paid for the dresses and went to get something to eat.

...

"Taeyeon, well be there in five minutes, so you can get ready to come out now." I said. I hung up the phone and continued to look out the window. Jess and I were sitting in her limo, picking up our friends to go to prom. Jessica held my hand and rested her head on my shoulder. 

"I'd never thought I'd go to prom with a girl." she said, smiling. I pecked her cheek and smiled back. 

Soon, we had all the girls in our limo and we headed for school. 

...

A/N: I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING AND KEPT YOU GUYS WAITING FOR SO LONG!!! To make it up, I have summer vacation next Friday and I will try to update as much as I can!!