Maybe he just forgot

Shinee-short stories

Maybe he just forgot, Nicola thought as she sat on a park bench. The winter breeze was slowly lulling the girl into sleep. The girl has been waiting for three hours out in the cold. Snow has piled on top of her woollen beanie. Her oversized scarf covering her frozen face.

 

People walked by, but no one dared to notice the female body sat on a bench. Nicola observes her body lose its peachy colour. Nicola has long given up on calling for help. However, her very presence was not visible to people.  She stood helplessly looking at her body sleep as the people lessen

“This wouldn’t have happened if he’d arrived.” Nicola said, tears now flowing down her cheeks leaving a numb feeling. Knowing that no one could hear her, she lets out a loud wail letting herself fall to the ground.

“Oh, will you please shut up.” A voice says out of nowhere. Nicola wipes her tears and looks to the side to see a man in his twenty.

The man was dressed in ragged clothing. On his hand, he carries a torn up bag that contained his belongings. His face was extremely thin and he had some stubble. His hair looked unkempt.

“You... you can see me?!” Nicola asks.

“Uh... yeah, I can, I can also hear your ugly crying.” He replies. He turns around and was about to walk away when Nicola used all her might to appear right in front of the man, surprising him and making him fall backwards. “What the...”

“You really can see me.” Nicola squeals, pinning the man under her. “My name is Nicola, I’m currently a ghost right now so no one can see me, but for some reason, you can. It must be a sign.” She says overly excited.

“How the... what... who... hello.” The man stutters trying to steady his thoughts. “Hey, get off me!” He shouts when he realises the position he was in.  Nicola soon notices this as well and awkwardly climbs off the man’s body.

“What’s your name.” She asks in an attempt to ease the awkwardness.

“Taemin Lee.” Taemin says as he brushes the snow off his back. “Anyway, whoeve... whatever you are, go back to where you came from, during winter, the snow can be very harsh, especially towards girls like you.”

“Like I said, I’m already dead so there’s no point, and what about you, you’re skinnier than me.” She retorts. “Shouldn’t you go home... and take a bath...” Nicola says as she noticed how dirty his skin looked.

Taemin gave a small chuckle, “If it wasn’t obvious enough, I’m homeless. I can only take a bath when it’s not winter. Water in the river is too cold. Also, stop lying and go home.”

Homeless, poor guy, she thought. “But it’s true, I am dead. Look, on that bench.” She points towards her silent body still sat frozen. The man looks towards the body only to gasp once again and fall on his , again. Nicola giggled at the sight of the speechless man.

“You... you really are dead....” He says as he points from her body to her soul. Taemin then started hitting himself as if willing himself to wake up from a dream. “No way, this.... this is real...”

“Yup.”

“But I can see you.”

“If you couldn’t, you wouldn’t be speaking to me now.”

There was a moment of silence until Taemin spoke once again, “Ah, this must be one of those things where you have to be appeased to cross over.” He says while hitting the palm of his left hand with the bottom of his fist.

Nicola crossed her arms and rolled her eyes at the childishness of the man. “Since you’re the only one who could see me, you should help me.”

“Okay, I will... but don’t we have to do something with your body first?” Taemin asked looking at the girl’s body.

 

 

 

Authors note: I am debating whether or not I want to make this into it's own fanfic. So, let me know please. Tell me what you think. Also, I already posted the first chapter of my EXO fanfic, just search for it in my account hehe. Also, I want to complain about my neighbour who seem to like reminding me of how horrible I am at driving by letting the fumes of burnt tires (probably from a burn out aka where they recklessly race somewhere) into my bedroom... seriously it doesn't help my anxiety :<