Coffee princess

Shinee-short stories

“This is so boring.” Kibum complains as he takes a sip of his Americano.

The young man was a blooming food critique, who specialises in drinks ranging from wine to coffee. Today, he visited a rather popular coffee shop called hot coffee. Despite the popularity, the caffeine drinks were not up to Kibum’s standard.

“Perhaps, they lacks the warmth.” Says a feminine voice.

Kibum turns around to see a woman on her 20’s dressed in a beige winter coat and a woollen scarf. The woman, to Kibum, looked like an average female. “What do you mean?” Kibum questions while tipping the remains of the Americano in a nearby trash can.

“Well, firstly, Americano originally tastes like . It’s just a shot of espresso mixed with hot water. Secondly, I’m referring to the warmth a customer usually gets when he or she enters a coffee shop.” the woman chuckles.

“You seem to know a bit about coffee.” Kibum says as he takes a sip of the cappuccino before trashing that one as well, while cursing at the people who made the drink.

“If you like, you can go to the coffee shop I work in, it’s called Lemon grass.” She says with a smile on her face.

“Lemon grass?” Kibum says.

“Oh, it was originally a little shop that served all types of tea, but two years ago, the shop owner bought a coffee machine.”

“Are the tea also as good?” Kibum asks curiously. He has never studied tea before; the only teas that he has tasted were black and green tea. Even those came pre-packaged.

“The aroma would be something to look forward to, but the taste is really what will hit you. Of course in a positive way.” She laughs a little.

“Ok then, miss...” Kibum says hesitating when he realised that he didn’t know her name.

“It’s Hyomin Kim.” She replies while handing him her business card.

Kibum took the business card between his fingers and observed the sophisticated, yet simple design of the small card. Kibum nods his head and hands the business card back with a smile, “I’ll keep that in mind, Miss coffee princess.” With that, Kibum left.

Hyomin looked at him with a surprised expression on her face. She looks down at the card on her hand, only to notice that she handed her false business card. Embarrassed with her mistake, she lets out a laugh, not caring about the others watching her.

 

 

Umm... I was originally planning on writting this off as a romance one shot but yeah... it kinda died down. But I still wanted to share it so here it is....