Poison

Poison, Sugar, and Other Anomalies

"Smoking kills people," informs Luhan, wrinkling his nose as he peers at Kai through the acrid cloud.

"Kissing a smoker," replies the latter, "Is like an ashtray."

The laspe into a sleepy, cigarette-scented silence. Kai, leaning on the windowsill, blows a poison cloud into the stick summer air. A hand finds its way over his and he turns to envelope Luhan's slight frame.

Kai's mouth finds Luhan's and he blows some poison into the older's mouth, smirking as he pulls back. Luhan smacks his chest.

"Bastard," he accuses half-heartedly.

 

", Jongin, you're so ing immature," hisses Luhan, arms crossed.

"I'm immature?" challenges Kai, angry and tired and not quite sober. "You're the one who's--"

And then Luhan's got him against the wall, faces only inches apart. The baby-faced male pins him there, glaring before he moves to steal Kai's poison breaths.

 

Kai is reckless.

"Are you sure that's safe?" asks Luhan, wide-eyed, as Kai shakes a bag of pils.

"Lulu," he rolls his eyes, "Of course they're not safe."

"Kai..."

"I'll be fine."

Luhan sighs because damn, Jongin's destroying himself and he doesn't even care.

"Jongin?"

Said boy looks at Luhan, suddenly aware of how hard the older must work to take care of him.

"Sorry Luhan." And Kai saves his drugs for a day when Luhan's not home.

 

Alcohol and drugs are not a good combonation, and Kai finds himself in the hospital more than once, and unable to function more often than he'd honestly like to admit. In his compromised state, he almost doesn't notice the sudden protrusion of Luhan's collarbones, the way he's never around during mealtimes.

Almost.

 


This is less of a chaptered story and more of a chapter in three parts. This part was written in class.