Our Happily Ever After

School Affairs

 

            The next day was terrible for Kris. He had been told to meet with the principle when he got to school. Chanyeol’s mother was also in his office they had been talking about something when Kris walked in. they stopped to look at him. Mr.Park had a look of disgust on her face while the principle had a look of displeasure. He was asked to sit down and Kris did so. He was scared as to why he had been called in. once he sat down the principle didn’t make a very long speech befor getting to the point he directly asked him if he was dating one of the students. Kris didn’t deny it. He figured that Chanyeol had let it slip and his mother found out. He wasn’t ashamed of his relationship with Tao. He was happy. He’d be willing to lose his job for it. He could find another job. Mr. Park seemed astonished when Kris didn’t deny it.

“So you admit that you are in fact in a relationship with a student?”

“Yes, I see no point in lying about it. I love him and I’m sure that he loves me too. I am not ashamed of my relationship.”

“Well Mr. Wu, tell me how long has this little fling been going on?”

“It’s not a fling. We’ve been dating for almost 7 months.”

“So I see. I’m afraid you already know what’s going to happen.”

“I know. I’ll get my stuff ready and leave.”

“You’re not going to fight for your job.”

“I promised Tao that I’d rather lose my job than lose him. And it’s come to me losing my job. I’ll be fine.”

            In that moment when Kris was about to leave the room Tao, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun stumbled into the room. Chanyeol sent a death glare to the women was supposed to be his mother. Tao looked at Kris with sadness evident in his eyes. Baekhyun was next to Tao with the same look in his eyes. He’d grown quite fond of Mr. Wu. He had liked Mr. Wu and his ways of teaching, he had even learned a few things. Tao walked over to Kris and embraced him. Kris held onto him as well. He told him it was going to be fine and that he’d find a new job at some point. The principle looked at them and saw that what Kris had said was true. It wasn’t just a fling; they genuinely cared for one another. He felt sorry that he had to fire Kris but he had to, h had broken a rule and so he had to suffer the consequence. Then Chanyeol’s father walked in with another man at his side.

            Chanyeol’s father introduced himself to the principle and introduced is lawyer to him as well.  Chanyeol’s face lit up when he saw his father. He had kept his promise in not letting Mr. Wu get fired. Everyone was asked to leave the office as the principle, the lawyer, and Chanyeol’s father talked. Almost 2 hours had passes and all three men walked out. Mr. Park had a smile on his face. The lawyer walked towards Kris and Tao and handed him a contract. The principle as well walked towards Kris and Tao.

“This is a new contract. If you wish to continue working here you must agree to all the terms. It states that you will be able to be in a relationship with Tao but you must not show any signs favoritism in class and must not show any form of intimate contact while in school. Do you agree with this?”

“I do sir.”

“Well then, I’m sure you won’t mind dealing with detention today since you did skip your firt 3 classes and as for you three boys, you will also be staying behind today with Mr. Wu and clean up the school. “

            Tao hugged Kris tightly but pulled apart when he heard the principle clear his throat. He was beaming with joy. All of them were except for Mrs. Park.  She was furious and kept making remarks that she was going to quit. She also tried to get the principle to at least change Chanyeol out of that class. The principle however did nothing. He asked Chanyeol if he wanted to leave Mr. Wu’s class but Chanyeol just shook his head. Everyone left on their way to their respective places. Chanyeol stopped his father when he was out of the school building and was about to get into his car.

“Thank you, so much.”

“Didn’t I tell you I’d try my best?”

“I know but I just expected you to talk to the principle. This means so much to me.”

“Anything for my son.”

            Chanyeol hugged his father and told him he’d see him at home later. His father too embraced him. Chanyeol went back to class to be greeted by an angry math teacher. He didn’t care though. He was happy that his father did what he did.

            The rest of the day went by pretty normal. By the end of the day though, everyone knew what happened with Mr. Wu and Tao. No one said anything against it. In fact more people were upset that that they had only said anything then. All the girls were disappointed because they all found Kris attractive and were disappointed because he was gay and didn’t stand a chance. The guys on the other hand were different, those that were gay, much like the girls were sad because he was already taken, but the other guys would just joke around with Kris about him being a rebel to the rules. 

            Everything was fine. Nothing went wrong with Kris’ and Tao’s relationship. They were perfect for each other. Chanyeol and Baekhyun would occasionally join them on their weekends.  Baekhyun was different though. Not to Tao or Kris, but to Chanyeol. He seemed to distance himself from him a little. It wasn’t that noticeable but if you were close to them before you’d notice.

            One day Tao was really curious as to why Baekhyun was acting so different towards Chanyeol. He took Baekhyun out to go get some things to drink and on their way their Tao brought up the subject.

“Baekhyun?”

“Yeah.”

“Why don’t you hang out with Chanyeol like you used to?”

“I do. Nothing’s changed.”

“You seem different. I feel like you’re pushing him away. Did something happen?”

“No, everything’s fine.”

“Are you sure? You know you can come to me no matter what.”

“I know, but it’s just that it’s something personal.”

“Alright, if you need help figuring something out then just tell me I’ll do my best.”

“Okay.”

            They reached the café and sat down at a table near the back. They waited for one of the waiters to go to their table. Once they ordered Tao once again noticed that Baekhyun was different. He would usually talk nonstop. But he was completely quiet, just staring out of the main window.

“Baekhyunnie, are you sure there’s nothing wrong. You’re offal quiet.”

“Okay, I’ll tell you. But promise that you won’t intervene.”

“I Promise.”

“Okay, I like Chanyeol.”

“Well yea who doesn’t?”

“Not like that. I mean I love him, more than a friend.”

“Oh.

“What? Is it wrong?”

“No, it’s just that I never thought you’d like him. You always talk about how pretty girls are and how many other people you’ve dated, Chanyeol just doesn’t seem like someone you’d like that way.”

“Oh. It’s not like I chose to like him. I just do.”

“When did it start?”

“A little bit before you told me about you and Kris-hyung”

“That was almost 3 months ago.”

“I know. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t some sort of stupid feeling that would only last a little while.”

“Are you going to tell him?”

“No.”

“Why?”

“Because I’m far from his ideal type. He always says that he likes guys that are older, masculine, and tall. I’m short and I ing wear makeup how is that manly?”

“Well think about it. Chanyeol wasn’t really your type but you still like him, why can’t he have an exception to?”

“But it wouldn’t be for someone like me. It’d be for someone like your cousin Xiumin, or someone like that.”

“So now you’re trying to set up your crush with my cousin?”

“Not like that, it was just an example.”

“Okay, then we’ll have to devise a plan that will let us know if he likes you or not.”

“Tao.”

“Yeah?”

“You said you wouldn’t intervene.”

“I know but, this has to do with your happiness and what if Chanyeol already likes you and you’re just to afraid to ask him. This could mean he’d your soulmate and you’re just letting him walk away.”

“Tao, it’s not that serious. I pretty sure if I lay low my feelings will go away and everything will be back to normal.”

“I don’t want things to go back to normal. I want you to be happy. An if being with Chanyeol makes you happy then we will make it happen.”

“Can we talk about something else now. I don’t want to talk about who I like anymore.”

“Okay fine.”

“Where’s Kris-hyung?”

“He said he was going to be running errands today. He asked me to go but I wanted  know what was wrong with you so I asked you to be with me today.”

“I envy you. I really do.”

“Why?”

“You’re so happy with your life. Kris-hyung is amazing to you. The only fights you have are petty and then you make up in a couple of hours. Even your family accepts him.”

“You just have to find the right person to be with.”

“I wish I could find someone like that.”

“Well if you asked Chanyeol out and he likes you, you might have that sort of relationship.”

“Goddamn it Tao just drop it.”

“Sorry, but really just give it a shot. Maybe it’ll work out.”

“And if it doesn’t?”

“I’ll be here to support and Kris will be there as well.”

“What about Chanyeol?”

“He’ll realize that breaking your heart was the stupidest thing ever and come back to you.”

“What if I break his heart?”

“Well you’ll be tortured for eternities knowing that you let someone as amazing as Chanyeol get away. “

“You really at comforting.”

“I know but hopefully I won’t have to comfort either of you when this thing all woks out.”

“Hopefully.”

            And just like that Tao had tricked Baekhyun into confessing to Chanyeol. The rest of the day Tao and Baekhyun walked around the city and once the son went down Tao left to go to Kris’ house and Baekhyun was going to go home but decided to go to Chanyeols house. When Tao reached Kris’ apartment he saw that the light were on and smiled. He knocked on the door and waited for Kris to open the door. When the door opened he saw Kris was sweating a lot. He walked in and saw that there were 5 other guys in the apartment. Xiumin was one of them.

“What are you doing?”

“Xiumin brought over his Dance Dance Revolution game, and we’ve been playing for like 2 hours nonstop. Wanna play?”

“Am I gonna end up as sweaty as you?”

“It depends how many rounds you play.”

“How many have you played?”

“Eight.”

“Nah, I’ll just watch you guys play.”

            The rest of the night was spent watching Kris and some of his friends play video games. He got to meet one of Kris’ friends from high school. His name was Lay. He was pretty cool and was extremely handsome. He was really friendly towards Tao since both of them were just watching the rest of the guys play while they sat on the floor as far away from the guys as possible so they wouldn’t get hit or anything. The guys left at around ten pm. afterwards it was just Kris and Tao. Xiumin had poked fun at them telling them to actually sleep instead of having all night. The other guys laughed at that. They sat on the couch and just stayed there. Kris got up and headed to the kitchen. When he came back into the living room he handed a soda to Tao and he opened one for himself.

“Did you have fun?”

“It would’ve been better if you played.”

“I just didn’t want to get all sweaty and gross.”

“You’re just like Lay, that’s why he didn’t want to play either.”

“He’s cool.”

“Yeah. What do you want to do?”

“Well it’d be nice if you showered.”

“Want to join me?”

“I’d love to.”

            They both hopped into the shower and cleaned each other’s bodies. They were used to seeing eachother , considering they had a couple hours after they had just met the first time.  They always showered together as well. Tao practically lived with Kris. Half of his stuff was at Kris’ apartment since he’d go there right after school. When Kris had to stay at school late he’d give his keys to Tao and he’d be greeted with a delicious meal prepared by Tao those days.

            After they showered they got into bed and cuddled into each other. The school year had days left till it finished and their one year anniversary would be in two months. They had gone through a lot but they were happy. Kris had no plans of leaving Tao. He wanted to be with him for the rest of his life. He hoped that Tao did too. They fell asleep in each others arms and slept soundly. Both dreaming of having a happy life with each other.


So this is it for this story. i hope you enjoyed it. i know the ending was a bit vague but they're going to be happy no matter what. 

i'm planning to make a oneshot for Baekhyun and Chanyeol and how theirs relationship turns out. 

also i'm sorry that i didn't post this chapter last week. i mentioned in my other story that i've been going through some things personally and that's the reason why i didn't write anything. 

i hope you enjoyed this story. and thank you to all those that subscribed it really means a lot.