Chapter 20

Warrior/전사

The thirteen returned to the tent, where Eunkwang was recovering.

"You came back....." he muttered with a faint smile on his face.

"Eunkwang," said Chorong, "We won the war. The Mingyuntaek are defeated and we solved the crisis. It were the Mirrors of Chaos that caused the crisis in the kingdom so we destroyed them,"

"Thank you," muttered Eunkwang, "You have all been so kind to me....."

"And thank you for saving our lives," said Eunkwang.

"Here," said Chorong, "Guys, your Healing Potions. To help with the pain,"

"What pain?" scoffed Eunkwang, "I endured worse pain than this,"

He was about to get up when he sank back down with a moan of agony.

"Are you ready?" said Chorong as the thirteen raised their flasks. "Now,"

One by one, the potions were offered to Eunkwang as he drank them slowly.

Eunkwang smiled in delight as the sweet cool juicy liquid ran down his throat.

"It's delicious...." he muttered.

Eunkwang was about to drift off to sleep when his eyes opened up again.

The blood and wound were gone from his chest, and he was able to move again.

The others stared at him in amazement.

"I......" muttered Eunkwang, "I'm alright!"

The thirteen brothers and sisters were overjoyed and embraced each other for joy as they hugged one another.

 

Back at the kingdom, for the first time in a long time, the crops were ripening again, the soil was moistening, the finest cherry blossoms and ginkgos were vibrant with colour, and the river was flowing again.

The fourteen were riding their horses back into the kingdom as the crowd bowed solemnly and welcomed them.

"I guess they surrendered again...." muttered a woman sadly.

"At least they tried," said a man.

But Eunkwang and the others only smiled then.

"Everyone," announced Eunkwang, "WE WON!"

The crowd, surprised, cheered, as they rode back home to their parents to reveal the happy news.

The King and Queen embraced their sons and daughters.

"I'm so proud of you all," said the King.

"We were so worried about you all!" said the Queen, "But of course we're glad about your victory and that you are all safe!"

"Speaking of which, as to reward our children, we have special surprises for them!"

The King called a servant, who then returned with fourteen crowns.

"I am proud to say that doing this for our kingdom, and winning against the Mingyuntaek, your mother and I are happy to announce you as kings and queens. First up, King Eunkwang, then Queen Chorong, King Minhyuk, Queen Bomi, King Changsub, Queen Eunji, King Hyunsik, Queen Naeun, King Donggeun, Queen Yookyung, King Ilhoon, Queen Namjoo, King Sungjae, and finally......Queen Hayoung,"

The fourteen stepped to collect their crowns as they proudly put them on and stepped out to the balcony as the crowd cheered on for them.

"Citizens of Joseon," announced the King and Queen, "We are now proud to present to you......the warrior kings and queens of Joseon!"

The crowd continued to cheer as the fourteen new kings and queens bowed to the crowd.

"Long live King Eunkwang! Long live Queen Chorong! Long live King Minhyuk! Long live Queen Bomi! Long live King Changsub! Long live Queen Eunji! Long live King Hyunsik! Long live Queen Naeun! Long live King Donggeun! Long live Queen Yookyung! Long live King Ilhoon! Long live Queen Namjoo! Long live King Sungjae! Long live Queen Hayoung!"

The happy chants continued to fill the crowd as they cheered on recurrently.

 

As soon as the chants died down, Eunkwang spoke.

"Right, how do you want to celebrate?"

"Let's go to the lake!" said Changsub.

"I thought you said you were too classy for that!" said Minhyuk.

"Nope, I'm in!"

The fourteen all raced down to the lake.

Minhyuk was about to jump in the water when he stopped to turn back.

"What is it?" said Chorong, "Go on,"

"I thought you didn't like splashes," said Minhyuk.

"Well....." said Chorong deliberately.

Minhyuk stared.

"I DO NOW!" Chorong shouted as she chuckled and pushed Minhyuk into the water.

The others laughed as Minhyuk emerged, sputtering and coughing.

"HEY!" yelled Minhyuk.

"Look out below!" shouted Sungjae as he jumped into the lake.

The others continued, splashing each other with the water as they celebrated their happiness.