Chapter 16

Warrior/전사

"How many?" cried Bomi.

"What?" shouted Minhyuk.

"How many troops on our side have we lost?" asked Bomi.

"Three thousand," said Minhyuk.

"Guys!" said Chorong, "We have to use our weapons more effectively! When you see a Mingyuntaek, plunge it straight through its armour!"

 

The fourteen charged again, in a battlefield against the Mingyuntaek Rebels.

Eunkwang charged his sword and managed to attack several opponents, whilst Changsub was focusing on using his magic to push away the enemies.

"Come on!" called Eunkwang. "Faster! Faster! We can stop them in no time!"

Hyunsik and Yookyung raised their bows and arrows, and managed to shoot down some more rebels.

 

"Naeun!" called Bomi. "Use your arrows! Water!"

Naeun carefully focused, and neatly shot it into a rebel as a layer of water blanketed it, drowning it.

"Fire!" called Chorong. "Donggeun, now!"

Donggeun raised his bows and arrows of fire and shot it right through another.

"Curse!" called Eunkwang to Changsub.

Changsub raised a jewel.

"Stun!" shouted Changsub as he raised another.

"Concussion!"

The rebel fell backwards and landed flat on the ground.

Eunji held her Shell of Echoes and began to sing a siren-like tune into the shell, which managed to grab hold of her song.

Before she knew it, the shell released the song, luring the enemies into her direction.

Eunji continued singing until she motioned at Sungjae.

 

"Sungjae!" Eunji called. "Now!"

Sungjae raised his sword of flesh and bones and struck it against the enemies, who were now lured and paralysed, therefore unable to move. He quickly killed the opponents before they could move again.

 

Bomi, Chorong and Minhyuk were continuing to use their martial arts skills to kick and punch the enemies until they fell dead and could not move anymore. However, before Chorong knew it, an ogre reached a hand and pulled her up from the ground, dragging her up into the air.

"Hayoung!" called Chorong. "Use your arrows!"

"Hang in there!" shouted Hayoung, as she prepared her arrows.

She set her arrow on the bow and focused directly at the ogre.

She pulled her string, and with accurate precision shot it into the ogre, making her drop Chorong as she fell from the released grip.

She was falling, until Minhyuk immediately jump and ran, hoping to catch her.

 

Minhyuk slid down, as Chorong fell in his arms.

"Oh thank you," breathed out Chorong in relief, "You saved my life, and you Hayoung too,"

Hayoung and Minhyuk smiled.

 

Ilhoon, Namjoo and Eunkwang were continuing to take advantage of their swords and use it against the monsters of Mingyuntaek, effectively killing them, as Changsub was using the jewels to stun the other rebels.

 

As Ilhoon was using his sword, one of the monsters grabbed it from him.

"Hyunsik!" called Yookyung. "Hyunsik! We have to save Ilhoon before it's too late!"

Hyunsik and Yookyung arrived at the scene, and with their bows and arrows shot at the monster, making it drop Ilhoon's sword as it fell to the ground.

They picked up the sword and handed it back to him.

 

The bloodsheds continued as they continued to fight.

The fight went on and on.

It continued until the mist and dust of the sand cleared away.

 

When it gave away a clearing, the fourteen princes and princesses were greeted with an empty space.

They stared in amazement.

"Did we win?" asked Sungjae.

"Well....." said Chorong, "I see no sign of Mingyuntaek, and those must be the last Mingyuntaek rebels alive, so.......I guess......"

"We win!" said Eunkwang, embracing them all, "I'm so proud of you! You all did so well!"