A Date With Kyuhyun

▇ : ♔ — Big Brother Kyu ★ `

“He asked you out?!” Tae Ji stopped in her tracks in the middle of the hallway.

“I know! I didn’t even see it coming!” I cupped my face. “He was just talking about tutoring me for my Japanese class and then he just popped the question! I’m so excited!”

“Yah…he seems a little bold to be new.”  Tae Ji and I continued walking down the hall. It was early in the morning and my first class was Chemistry with Baek Ju! So far, this year was going great.

“I’d be bold too if I were that handsome! He might have had a good reputation at his last school and I guess those kind of carry over or something.”

“Well, I hope you know what you’re doing. Don’t get heartbroken…” I looked over at her.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, if you and he start dating and he starts dating this other chick, you can’t say I didn’t warn you.” I had no idea where these thoughts of hers were coming and I was kind of skeptical of her trust in me and him as much as she was skeptical about our relationship.

“Why are you acting like that?”

“I’m not acting like anything…I’m just saying that you need to—“

“Yeah, I heard you.” With that being said, I stormed off to my Chemistry class. The entire walk, I couldn’t stop thinking about what she was telling me and why she was saying these things. Tae Ji wasn’t like this at all and she’d always support my relationships, no matter who they are. When I was having problems with a friend I met online she gave me advice, but now she’s just trying to pull me away from him? What’s going on?

My thoughts were cut off by Baek Ju running up to me from his crowd of friends with a large smile on his face. “Minnie-ah!” There’s that charming smile again. “I was just talking to my friends about you and our café trip this evening. Are you still in?”

“Of course,” I replied. “I even told my mom and she was cool about it.”

“Great, I can’t wait until this evening. You have to taste the white chocolate mochas. They’re perfect.” We both shared a small laugh as Jang Hyuk-nim walked into the class room and hurrying us all into our seats. I sat in the very front of the room next to the window. I had a bad habit of daydreaming by windows, but they were the best to sit by.

 Jang Hyuk-nim began teaching our lesson about Periodic Trends and something else, but I wasn’t really listening.  I was staring right at him, but my mind was on Baek Ju again. I couldn’t stop thinking about this boy. He was really the first boy in my life other than Kyuhyun, but he’s not the topic at the moment. I couldn’t find one flaw on him, nor did I want to. He was tall, well groomed, and he was sweet as a baby…when they’re not being fussy. Sure he was a little bold, but why wouldn’t he be? It’s not like he was a new freshman or something. He knew what high school was like and what he had to expect there, so he could act however he wanted to, as long as he wasn’t being a rude .

“Minhyun,” My head snapped up from my hand. “would you like to answer that question please?”

“Uh…” I glanced over the chalkboard. I had no idea what he was talking about at all. “Could you repeat the question?”

“I have a better suggestion. Why don’t you stop daydreaming and listen to me. This is going to be on your quiz next week.” I nodded and he turned back around to answer the question that he apparently asked but I was too into La La Land to notice. 

I felt someone poke my shoulder and when I looked over, it was a folded up piece of paper being handed to me by a boy behind me. I took the paper and opened it.

‘Pay attention, Minnie! I don’t want you getting in any trouble. ;p’
                                                                                       ★ Oh Baek Ju

 

A smile crept across my face as I read the note. I didn’t want to turn around because I was afraid of Jang Hyuk-nim being a ninja again.  Instead, I kept the note in my hand for the entire class period. He was such a goofball, but it was adorable.


“Hey, Minhyun!” Baek Ju smiled and grabbed my hand. I stared at our hands and smiled a little bit.

“Hi.”

“You ready to head out? Unless you have any homework you need to get started on?” I looked up at him and shook my head.

“Nope! No homework tonight. We can go!” Baek Ju returned a smile and walked with me down a few blocks to the café. It was a small, yet very comfortable. It was kind of like a crash pad and many students from my school came here to do homework and on their own dates. I was so happy that I could come here with a date finally. It was so weird coming here by myself and having all these cute couples around me.

For the next two hours, Baek Ju and I shared sweets and a white chocolate mocha over laughs and conversations about our school. He told me that he really liked it there and his teachers were really nice. I nodded and just agreed with him, I didn’t agree with the sentence that all of the teachers are nice because some of them were just downright rude, but he seemed to have some of the good teachers, so he should be fine for the rest of the year. I had no idea how much time had passed because we were having so much fun together. He really impressed me when he was speaking Japanese. He was really lucky to get a head start on that language. Baek Ju was just so perfect in all ways possible: sporty, caring, attractive, and especially intelligent. He was a walking Barbie doll.

“Can you say one more thing?” I pouted. He was teaching me so much, I didn’t think I needed Japanese lessons.

“Uhm…Okay. Watashi wa anata o hontōni suki”. I looked at him, wondering why he didn’t explain that.

“And that means…?”

All he did was snicker. “I’ll tell you later.”

That left me a bit puzzled, but I knew ‘watashi wa’ meant ‘I am’ or something and ‘anata’ was ‘you’. My brain came to a very wild conclusion, but I just shook it off. He couldn’t possibly like me, could he? I looked at him attentively at his sipped his mocha, but when he put the mug down, he looked over me.

“Uhm, is that your dad?” I turned around and felt my face go pale. No…Umma why did you send Kyuhyun to come get me?!

“Well lookie here!” There was that sinister smile he made when he knew he was about to mess something up. “my sister’s first boyfriend.”

“Kyuhyun! Go away. He’s not even my boyfriend.” I hid my face from Baek Ju.

“He looks decent…” I peeked through my fingers to see Kyuhyun totally ignore my statement and begin to examine Baek Ju. Aish, I knew he was making him uncomfortable. “do you play sports?”

“Yes, I played soccer at my old school. I was moved to this school because of my grades surpassing most people of my class.” Baek Ju intelligently replied. I was surprised on how calm he was taking Kyu’s creepiness.

“Ah. I see… What’s your GPA?”

“Kyuhyun!” I was getting utterly annoyed with his questions, though he wasn’t even talking to me.

“My GPA is a 3.8.” Baek Ju replied boldly. “It’s never been less than that.”

“I see. What other hobbies do you have?” This interrogation was driving me crazy. I knew somewhere along the lines, he was going to mess something up.

“Other than studying, I enjoy playing soccer with my friends, playing video games and watching anime.”

“Oh? What kind of video games?”

“Roleplaying and adventure games like Final Fantasy and the Legend of Zelda.”

Kyuhyun nodded and stood up. “You seem like my kind of kid. Alrighty, take good care of my sister or there will be some severe consequences, got it?”

Baek Ju smiled and nodded. “Of course I’ll take care of her, I was just going to ask her did she want to go out with me tomorrow since it’s going to be a Saturday. If that’s okay with you and her family.”

“Of course I don’t mind! She needs to stop being annoying anyway so I can play Starcraft.” Replied Kyuhyun.

“Me?! Annoying?! You’ve got it all wrong mister! You’re worse than m—mmph!”  Kyuhyun covered my mouth and helped me stand up with his hand still over my mouth.

“See? Annoying…” he sighed and began to pull me out of the café. “She’ll see you tomorrow!”


“Wasn’t that just the worse thing you’ve ever heard, umma?!” I complained while sitting on the kitchen counter while umma cooked. While we cooked, it was the perfect time for us to talk. Appa was in his office doing work and Kyuhyun was…being a Kyuhyun.

“Aigoo…your brother is something else…”

“I know, so please don’t make him come and get me tomorrow! Can appa come and get me?”

She giggled and moved a pot of noodles to the sink. “I think it’ll be worse if your father came and got you. He might start interrogating the boy for his background history.”

I rolled my eyes and hopped off of the counter. “Can you come and get me, then? If not, I’ll take the subway and the bus.”

“No you won’t! You know I don’t like subways and buses. There are too many offenders on there.”

“Then you’ll come get me?” I smiled brightly.

“I’ll have to see what programs are on TV then.” I just rolled my eyes. I felt that I was a little more important than her dramas. “Call your brother and father.”

I nodded and walked to the stairs leading up to the second floor of the house. “Dinner is ready! Wash your hands!” Instead of listening to me like always, Kyuhyun just darted downstairs and sat at the table, my father following a few moments afterwards.

“Did you wash your hands?”  I asked, examining his hands.

He drew his hands back and scoffed. “I was watching TV. Why would I need to?”

“I don’t know what you were watching.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?!”

“Hey!” Appa spoke up, silencing us both. “Can we have just one peaceful dinner? Please?”

“Yeobo, we haven’t had a ‘peaceful dinner’ since Kyuhyun was born.” I burst out laughing while Kyuhyun looked so terribly hurt by that statement.

“Umma! What is that supposed to mean?!”

“It means that you were a trouble child.” I giggled and he hit me in the back of my head. “Appa! He hit me!”

“Appa, he hit me!” I hated when Kyu mimicked me. I knew I had a high pitched voice, but I didn’t need him to remind me.

“Both of you, that’s enough. Kyuhyun, I would expect more of a twenty-five year old man.” Appa sighed.

“Wouldn’t we all?” I muttered.

“I’m just playing with her, appa! No harm done!” He pulled me into a tight hug. I felt like he was trying to pop my head off.

“I wasn’t playing at all…” I pouted.

“Shush, I’m trying to play it off.”

Umma brought the food to the table and sighed. “One day, you two are going to need each other. I don’t want you two to not be a whole when that time comes. Minhyun, you have to be there for your older brother as well as Kyuhyun has to be there for you. I don’t want you two to act like you do every day because that won’t do anything but hurt you two in the long run. Just please, don’t act like this a lot.”

It got really quiet when she said that. Kyuhyun and I have been bickering and fighting for as long as I can remember and all of a sudden, she wants us to make up? She might just not understand how much he annoys me and so on and so forth. I’m not sure how Kyu feels about me, but if he enjoys my company, he doesn’t do a really good job at showing it. I’m not saying that I don’t love Kyuhyun, because I do. He’s my brother and I have to like him no matter what I may think about him. It’s just the right thing to do and no matter how angry I get at him, I can’t stay mad at him. I guess that’s just who he is.

I looked down at my food and nodded, beginning to eat. The dinner was so quiet and I think it was because of what umma said. Normally, Kyuhyun would toss his few words out there, but he stayed completely silent and ate his dinner. I looked up at him every now and then and he just kept his eyes locked onto his food. When we were done eating, umma volunteered to clean the dishes while the rest of us went back upstairs unto our own corner of the house. I went into my room and plopped down onto my bed and set my alarm for around nine o’clock in the morning, though it was going to be a Saturday, I felt like I needed to be the first one up. I still couldn’t wrap my head around what umma said at the moment, but later, I found out exactly what she meant. 


A/N :: WOOP WOOP! Chapter 2 is finally done! 
i kinda wanna hurry up and do chapter 3 because i'm really effing excited about that one. 
No spoilers though, but I'll try to keep it very interesting! 
Comment, subscribe, vote up and all that good jazz. Geu will love chu 5evar. ouo