First Day With Kyuhyun

▇ : ♔ — Big Brother Kyu ★ `

School was right around the corner and I wasn't ready at all. Actually, while I was asleep and I thought it was still the middle of the summer break we had. I was now a sophomore in high school and after my horrible freshman year, I wasn't ready to see another school in the rest of my life. What happened at the school? Oh nothing happened with any people, just stress from teachers, things like that. My grades were killing me and I literally started to pull my hair out strand by strand… I had to stop because Umma caught me one day. I was cramming for exams and homework until midnight sometimes and I just had to power through. The first week of summer break, I slept until two o'clock in the afternoon and I went to bed around nine o'clock at night. That's just how tiring it was. Nevertheless, I was promoted to my second year of high school with my family behind my back helping me along the way...even Kyuhyun. 

Why did I emphasize on my older brother? Well, my brother isn't the ideal brother that I dreamed of having. I wished he was sweet, fun-loving, compassionate, and active, but I got something totally different, or just a girl period, but he’s the complete opposite of those adjectives, actually. Kyuhyun is a lazy, annoying, and mischievous brother. Did I mention annoying? Speaking of annoying, let me enlighten you on how that cheeky little monkey messed up my first day. 

"Minnie-ah!" I heard some random voice and I thought it was the Korean pop star I was dreaming about. "Minnie-ah! Get up!" Something started to move my foot around. 

"No...Go away..." I sighed with my face smothered into my pillow. The voice growled with an annoyed tone. Suddenly, the room got extremely bright and I cried out. This pabo (idiot) opened the window! 

"Get up Minnie! Time for school!" I was now awake enough to recognize that voice; it was Kyuhyun. He stood up on my bed and began bouncing on it attempting to wake me up and sadly, this was working. 

"Yah! Okay okay! I'm awake! Go away, please, Kyuhyun!" My eyes fluttered open and I stared at him towering over me in his pajama pants and a loose white shirt. His hair looked a mess, but he never really cared how he looked at home.  He had that signature rotten smile on his face. He always did that when he got his way and I just wanted to slap him each time he did it. 

"Good, Umma is making breakfast. If you're not in the bathroom before I come back, I'm gonna turn on some loud Chinese music." Oh, Kyu felt so fancy with his ability to speak Chinese. I had problems with my Language class last year, then again, freshman year was tough. 

"Well since you're so good at Chinese, go get a job!" 

"I do have a job!" He replied. 

"What," I scoffed. "Annoying me and being a lazy big brother who plays Starcraft all day?" 

"Exactly!" Kyuhyun ruffled my hair. "I knew you were smart. Now get dressed." He walked out of the room and I just slumped into my bathroom. 

After my shower, I put on my uniform and fixed my hair for the school day. After all, I was trying to impress my new teachers. Umma was standing over the stove cooking while Appa sat at the table and Kyuhyun sat across from where I normally sit. I took a seat next to Appa and rested my head on his shoulder. 

"Morning, Appa!" I smiled. 

"Good morning, sweetheart." He replied, planting a kiss onto my forehead. 

"Who are you trying to impress today, Minnie?" Kyuhyun asked. I shot a glare at him because I believed he tried to say I was trying too hard for school. 

"My teachers, Kyuhyun." I replied sharply. He drew his head back and rolled his eyes. 

"I was just saying that you looked nice today. Geez" Umma approached us with a bowl of strawberries. 

"Be nice you two," she commanded. "Aigoo! Minhyun you look so nice today!" 

"Thank you Umma~!" 

"See, when I try to complement her, I get snapped at." 

"Kyuhyun," Appa spoke up, causing my brother to look at him. "Will you take Minhyun to school?" 

"Sure!" He smiled at me. Gosh, he's such a creeper. 

"Appa," I whined. "I don't want Kyuhyun to take me. He's gonna knock me out and drive me to North Korea or something!" 

"Minhyun-ah…that’s ridiculous and you know it. If you were paying attention in Civics, you’d know that you need government approval to even get close to the border. Besides, Kyuhyun is your older brother. He's responsible enough to--"

I almost choked on my strawberry. "Responsible?! Appa, I had to start taking out the trash on Saturday mornings because Kyuhyun wakes up at the crack of dawn to play League of Legends!" 

"It's Starcraft, thank you." 

"Whatever it's still stupid." 

"Cause you've never played it." 

"It looks stupid." 

"Yeah, to the weak-minded." 

"Are you calling me dumb?" 

"I said weak minded. Total difference." 

"Will you two be quiet!" Umma shut both of us up. "Minhyun, get your lunch and Kyuhyun, take her to school. Be careful." I walked to the fridge and got my lunch box and walked out with Kyuhyun to his car.

The drive to school started off quiet because Kyuhyun was still mad at me. I didn't really care because so was I. He always started these things with me and it was so annoying. He's 24 years old and still picking on a minor. Shame. As we kept riding to the school, Kyuhyun turned his radio on and it was on some Chinese radio station. I really wish he'd just go to China instead of bothering and bullying me. That song was getting really annoying, but I could tell Kyuhyun was enjoying it because his head was bobbing up and down. I just took out my phone and put my earplugs in, turning on my music instead of this. I saw him look over at me from the corner of my eye and he pulled out one of my buds. 

"What?" I swatted his hand away. 

"I wanna take you to China." He replied with a small smile. 

"No thank you. I don't want to go to China." 

"Why not? The food is great and their culture is amazing as well. We should go to Shanghai." 

"No, Kyu. Besides, when did you go to China?" 

"I went when I was your age." He made that sound so long ago. He's only 9 years older than me.  "Appa took me. You remember? You were sick when we went so Umma had to stay here and take care of you. You were only about 7 years old." 

"Oh, that's nice..." I rolled my eyes. Kyuhyun sighed and continued to focus on the road. Suddenly, Kyuhyun's cell phone began to ring and before he got to it, I picked it up before he got to it. He glared at me. 

"Who is that?" He looked at the vibrating phone. 

"...I don't know..." I sighed and looked at the caller ID. "Why is it in Chinese?" 

"Because whoever is calling is Chinese." Kyuhyun took the phone away from me and looked at it. “Oh, It’s Zhou Mi.” He answered his phone with a smile. I just shrugged and put my ear plugs back in. Kyuhyun was talking very loudly and I could hear him through my music. Annoyed, I tapped his hand and he glanced my way. 

"Kyuhyun, Zhou Mi is right in your ear. Please quiet down..." Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and continued with his conversation. 

"I'm sorry, hyung. SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST EAVESDROPPING." I looked at him and he glanced at me with a smile. Why was this car trip so long? It wouldn't have been this long with Umma... 

Kyuhyun finally pulled up to the school doors where many people were walking inside. I was scared to get out of the car because I didn't see any of my friends there. Kyuhyun ended his conversation with whomever and looked at me. My focus was just out the window trying to scope out someone I knew. 

"What's wrong?" I looked at him and shook my head with a chuckle. 

"N-nothing... Just looking." I replied. 

"Well, you're burning gas, so can we hurry this up? What are you looking for?" 

"I'm looking for someone I know. Anyone..." 

Kyu sighed. "Look, high school is a place for you to make new friends, so just go in it, Minnie!" 

"It's not that easy, Kyuhyun. You know how shy I am." 

"I'll help you, just get out of the car." I regret not asking him what he was about to do. I grabbed my things and climbed out of the car and as soon as I got about ten steps away from the car, Kyuhyun rolled down the windows and I heard very loud American hip-hop playing.

"What in the--" 

"Have a good day Minhyun!" Kyuhyun sat in the road waving at me, but I was just too embarrassed. I was literally the color pink. Someone in the car behind Kyuhyun honked his horn and that provoked Kyuhyun to yell at them, turning his music louder and driving away. This was a very high-class school and activity like that was frowned upon. Great, sophomore year started with the idea that I live in a loud and ghetto home. Many upperclassmen and some underclassmen were laughing at me.  

"Minhyun?" I turned around to see my friend from the previous school year with her eyebrows cocked. "What was that all about?" 

"I don't even... It's Kyuhyun." That's all I could piece together. 

"I know exactly who it was, but why...?" 

"I guess that's his form of getting me someone to talk to, but I think I’m more frowned upon now..." I began walking into the school with my friend to the right of me. 

"Well technically, it worked because I didn't see you until Kyuhyun went ghetto older brother." I shot a glare at her. 

"Whose side are you on?" 

She shrugged. "Well, I mean, Kyuhyun is still a crush of mine." 

"You can have him. Please, take him. I'm begging you..." 

"I don't think your mom would agree me kidnapping your older brother." 

I scoffed. "It's not kidnapping if I'm letting it happen, Tae Ji." I reached in my backpack and took out my schedule, handing it to Tae Ji. "Do we have any classes together?" 

She scanned the paper with determined eyes, but sighed. "No..." 

"Are you kidding?!" 

“I wish I were!” Tae Ji sighed, handing me back my schedule.

“Aish…this year is gonna .” I pouted. It wasn’t fair. It was like life was just piling crap onto my face and I couldn’t do anything about it. I’ve started badly thanks to Kyuhyun and now my best friend didn’t have any classes with me? It was just so bad.

“Cheer up, Minnie. We can see each other at lunch!” Tae Ji patted my shoulder and I could only smile.

“Yeah…I know. But hopefully we can meet up after school? I know I want to do drama club again and you’ll probably to poetry club.”

“Yeah, I will. But we can go to the café whenever we can, okay?”

I smiled and hugged her tight. I felt tears threatening to fall. “Okay. Text me!”

“I will.” With that, we both walked away and I made my way to the first period of the day, Chemistry. All science classes were relatively easy for me throughout my life, but it was bound to get really interesting. As I walked in the classroom, all eyes went on me. I know I wasn’t late, but when they saw who I was, they went back to what they were doing. The girls were gossiping and the boys were talking about video games or sports. I felt so out of place because I didn’t want to do any of that. All of a sudden, a tall boy walked up to me with a smile. I had never seen him before a day in my life and my, was he attractive.

“Hi, are you new here?” He asked. Aigoo….his voice was so deep and rich. I could melt in it.

“N-no…I’m not. I was here last year.”

“Aish…I was hoping that you were new like me.” He laughed. “My name is Oh Baek Ju. What’s yours?”

For a moment, I was just so lost in his face, I forgot my own name. He was pretty bold for a new boy. Maybe he had an ego. “I’m Cho Minhyun.”

“That’s a really pretty name. Mind if I call you Minnie?” I wanted to pass out from him saying my nickname. Such a smooth voice saying that was just enough to make my knees give out.

“Well, everyone else calls me Minnie. I guess it’s another one added to the collection!” We both laughed and looked at the floor. Before he could get another word out, the teacher walked in and everyone rushed to find a seat. The second year Chemistry teacher was very relaxed and lied back and everyone loved him. He didn’t do much and it was pretty much easy to pass. All the freshmen got our taste of him when he judged the science fair and everyone almost got first place. He’s easily impressed, obviously.

“Ah, look at my freshmen class here. It’s nice to see you all again. You grew over the summer.” Jang Hyuk-nim did have a charming smile.  “We have a new student from Dong Kook High School, so give a warm welcome to Oh Baek Ju.” The boy I was talking to earlier stood up and made his way to the front of the classroom and bowed in front of all of us. Aigoo, the way he flipped his bangs back was so amazing. I was barely even listening to him talking.

“Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Oh Baek Ju. I’m from Dong Kook High School and I played on their soccer team last year. Uhm…I don’t know what to say really.” He laughed. That smile was just perfect. I didn’t want him to stop laughing.

“Can you speak any other languages?” our teacher asked.

“Oh! I can speak Japanese because my father serves as a communications agent between Japan and Korea.” Many people in the class, including myself, gave “ooh’s” at him. Normally, Japanese isn’t learned until this year and up to college. I mentally nominated him as my tutor.

“Wow, that’s very nice. I look forward to seeing your work.” Jang Hyuk-nim motioned for him to sit down and he did such that, right behind me. I felt my body stiffen up when he passed my desk. He smelled so good, I just closed my eyes and smiled. Suddenly, the door to the classroom was forced open and someone was standing at the door. My eyes widened at the sight of who it was and once again my face turned hot pink and I just buried my head in my arms with a quiet groan.

“I’m sorry about barging in but you know how little girls forget their things.” The male walked over to my desk and tapped my shoulder. I looked up a little and saw Kyuhyun towering over me in the same pajama pants he wore to sleep and that white t-shirt. I was so embarrassed. Why did he have to do this in front of the cute guy behind me?!

“What are you doing here?!” I exclaimed. He handed me my binder that I must have left behind.

“You left this. You’re welcome.” With that, Kyuhyun walked out of the room, waving good bye at my classmates and my teacher, who was standing at his desk like he just witnessed something really freaky happen. Well, he really did.

“Right…How about we get started on the first lesson…”

“Really? He came into the classroom like that?” Tae Ji took a sip from her soda. “That’s just wrong.”

“Exactly! Now everyone knows about Kyuhyun. Worst of all, he did that in front of Baek Ju!”

“Who?”

I thought she would’ve taken classes with him. “Oh Baek Ju?”

“Who’s that?”

“The new boy from Dong Kook High School; he was on the soccer team too.” I replied.

“I’ve never seen him.” Tae Ji shrugged. “You like him or something?”

“L-like him?” I felt face tingle. Of course I liked him! What wasn’t there to like about that sweet handsome face?! “A little bit…”

“A little? Your cheeks say otherwise.” Yep, I was blushing again. “Why don’t you ask him out?”

“Yah, you know how things are! Girls don’t ask boys out. You wait on them to ask you out!”

Tae Ji shifted in her seat and looked at me. “You know that there are a lot of girls who would just ask him! You need to claim him before he—“

“Is this seat taken?” There goes that scent again. I turned my head to the right and I saw Baek Ju’s warm smile. I’m pretty sure I was smiling like a dork.

“N-Not at all…You can sit here…” I replied.

Tae Ji stood up and placed a hand on my shoulder. “I’ll leave you alone. If you’re done before lunch is over, I’m by the snack machines.” Just like that, she left the room. Boy, she knew how to make things awkward.”

“Alright then,” He chuckled. “Now that you’re alone, I guess I can sit here. I wanted us all to be friends, but whatever…”

“Yeah, it happens.” I laughed nervously.

“Do you have Japanese 101 on your schedule?” I thought for a moment and nodded at his question.

“Yeah, I have it. Why?”

He smiled and leaned over closer to me. “It’s nothing, but if you need any help, just ask me and I’ll try as hard as I can, alright?” He was making me feel so weird, but for some reason, I didn’t want him to stop it. I looked over and saw several pairs of eyes on me from girls across the room and he looked over too laughing. “Pay them no mind.”

“I-I’m not.” I turned away.

“Say, do you want to get some coffee tomorrow after school if you don’t have anything to do?” I couldn’t believe my ears. The guy that I just met earlier that day was already asking me out. And Tae Ji doubted me. Haha!

“Sure, Baek Ju…I’d love to!” He stood up and patted my shoulder.

“Great, see you tomorrow in Chem.” With that he walked away, leaving that wonderful scent behind.


“It was WONDERFUL!” I had to tell my mom about my entire day, especially when Kyuhyun made a surprise visit.

“I’m glad you had a great day, love. Congratulations on the new boy toy!” She replied in a sing-song voice, making me giggle.

“Yah, I’m not sure if he’s the one. To be new, he sure is up-front and full of confidence.”

“If my father worked for Korean and Japan communications, I’d be boastful too, Minhyun!” He replied, walking towards the steps leading upstairs where the rest of the family was. “Dinner is ready!”

Kyuhyun was the first one downstairs and my dad came soon after. I thought Umma was the greatest cook in the world. We had galbi, scallion pancakes, ginseng chicken soup, and kimchi and it was delicious. Everyone was stuffing their faces with the cooking, not even thinking about talking to each other.

“Kyuhyun.” My mother called out, causing everyone to look at her.

“Wha?” He replied with a mouth full of rice.

“Close your mouth, pig!” I exclaimed.

“Yell at me again, I’m going to shove these chopsticks down your throat!”

“Kyuhyun!” Umma called out again.

“Yes, mother dearest?”

“Don’t you think you owe Minhyun an apology for today?” He looked at me and looked back at Umma.

“For what?!” He swallowed the contents of food in his mouth. “I took her to school and I brought her binder up there! What do you want me to apologize for, being a good citizen?”

“You embarrassed her in front of her class.” He rolled his eyes.

“Please, she gets embarrassed over the smallest things, Umma.”

“Not true!” I spoke up. “You came in my school in your pajamas and you were bursting loud hip hop music when you dropped me off this morning! That’s heavily frowned upon in the kind of school I’m at, Kyuhyun!”

“Look, little girl, I was trying to help you out. I could have left your binder in my car and laughed my off when you—“

“Cho Kyuhyun, Cho Minhyun.” Both of our eyes went to our father. When he talked, we listened. “Both of you, not another word…I want you both to clean up after dinner and do the dishes.”

“Appa! You know we can’t cooperate!”

“Seriously, do you even try?” Kyuhyun muttered loud enough for me to hear.

“I don’t know what you’re going to do, but when I get up in the morning, I want to see clean dishes in the cabinets and all of the left-overs put up. No questions about it. Understand?”

“Yes sir.” We both replied. He nodded and stood up from where he was sitting and put his dishes in the sink and wished us a good night, our mother soon following.

“Go to bed. I’ll take care of the dishes.” Kyuhyun walked over to the dishes.

“Are you sure?” I followed behind him.

“You have school in the morning, so just leave these to me. Go to bed before I change my mind.” That was the perfect threat to make me to lie down. I nodded and walked upstairs and into my room.

The first day of school was very rocky, especially with what Kyuhyun did to me. I was just in shock and I probably had a bad rumor going around or something. I wasn’t sure. I had a meet-up tomorrow afternoon with Baek Ju and I wasn’t going to let anything mess this up. I made sure I had everything in one spot so I wouldn’t overlook it or leave it and I just hoped that Umma would take me to school tomorrow. I couldn’t stand Kyuhyun sometimes. 

 


Woo! I finally got this chapter up!
Like I said, I'm so so so sorry about your wait. 
The muse for this chapter left and I had to find it again. LOL 
Comment? Subscribe? Upvote? ; w ; 
Thank you ~ Chapter 2 is coming soon!

Oh, face claims. 
Oh Baek Ju's face claim is Won Jong Jin
Jang Hyuk-nim's face claim is Lee Byung Hyun