Encounter

The Reality of Mythology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

majority of you guys like this font, so I think I should do it this way...?

- Jiyongchy

 

Mina could see nothing in the pure blackness but the loss of vision makes her other senses awaken. She hears, feels and smell more clearly now for her life depends on it. She hears rumbles and punches thrown around her. She smells blood flashes across her. Sometimes something fast would pass close to her, close enough to touch almost her skin that the sudden breeze would freeze her. She hears number of voices growling and groaning in the darkness with an occasional sound of bone breaking or skin stabbing. Chills run down her spine as fear envelops her.

As soon as the voice says its command, VI grabs Mina’s body and pressed it close to him. She buries her face in his chest, hoping that everything will end soon. He covers her with his hands but once a while those hands would leave her and every time Mina doesn’t feel his hand on her, she would hear an unknown voice grunting in pain somewhere close to her.

Suddenly, a bright ominous red light shines among the darkness, distrubing her eyesight with its sudden glare, but after few seconds, the brightness fades and the darkness takes control once again. However, this time the darkness no longer feels cold and threatening. Sounds of pain don’t echoes anymore. Serenity fills in.

After few seconds pass in pure darkness and silence, the blackness slowly fades, giving back Mina her sight. As soon she sees her surrounding of trees and park benches once again, her legs fail her and she almost stumble down to the floor if not for VI’s arms holding her in place.

“You hurt??!” VI asks in panic.

“What was that?” She whimpers.

“Where did they hurt you?? Where??” VI ignores Mina’s question and begin to look around her body to check any wounds.

Agitated, Mina shoves VI’s body away. “TELL ME WHAT’S GOING ON!!”

“Hello there” A new warm voice calls Mina from behind, making her jump.

“Wha—at?” She says after she turns and finds another man with a high Mohawk and similar medieval attire.

“I’m Sol” He extends his hand.

Mina takes a step back, “Oh no no no… I am not playing this game anymore. You guys,” she points both VI and Sol, “find someone else to play with”

As she walks backwards, eyeing the two weird men in front of her, she bumps into something warm and firm behind her. She turns immediately only to be greeted by the same smile she saw last night.

“We meet again” He says, grinning.

She gawks at the man. “You…you…” She points at him, stuttering, “What are you…”

“I’m DL, by the way” He extends his arm towards her which she only looks at it apprehensively.

“I don’t mean any harm… I saved you yesterday, didn’t I? You should trust me” He pouts.

“Who are you?” She looks at him, unconvinced.

“I told you, I’m DL. And these,” He gestures both men behind Mina, “These are my friends”

“What just happened earlier?” She demanded, not caring about the other 2 men behind her. At least she knows that this DL man saved her life and thus has some of her trust.

“Uh…” He scratch his nape, “It’s hard to explain….”

“I’ll explain” A man suddenly appears from behind DL and walk towards her.

She automatically steps backward, away from the weird man with the one-sided long hair. She looks at him in pure fear because of the way his coat is splattered by red liquid, which looks much like blood. She figures that he must be the one among the commotion who actually killed or at least severly injured another man.

“Don’t scare her” Another man appears next to GD and places his hand onto the GD’s shoulder. “DL should explain”

Mina loss her ability to speak for now she is surrounded by five weirdly dressed men who looks at her as if she’s the answer to their prayer. They stand around her, circling her. They all look ragged and tired but their beauty still stands out. Despite the fear, Mina silently praises their god-like beauty.

“Mina…” DL starts.

“That’s Mina-ssi, to you sir! We barely know each other!” She snaps.

Everyone chuckles at her brusqueness but DL simply grimaces. She reads somewhere that to be able to win from criminals, you must not show fear.

“Right… I’m sorry, Mina-ssi” He makes sure to add formality to his sentence, “Well, we are not human. You are not human too. We are all not human and w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter