Fourth

When Life Gives You Complications

chapter four

Image

"Kris, for the last time, I can walk to school on my own." Sohee sighed slightly annoyed that Kris is still walking her to school.

 

It's been months since he's doing this and everyone in school has been getting the wrong idea lately. They think that the two of them are going out just because they walk to school together. Strangers are even starting to act close with her just because they think that she's his girlfriend.

 

"You look really lovely today." He effectively changed the topic, eyeing her up and down. With her lovely dress and pretty face, he can't help but be proud that she's his girl. Although they haven't gone official yet, honestly it's just his dreams telling him that.

 

Feeling his eyes on her, she felt that strange feeling again. The strange moment of feeling her whole body heat up, the fluttery feeling inside her and even the weird beating of her heart. She even asked her mother about it yet her mother just smiled knowingly.

 

"Stop joking." She huffed, consciously fixing her dress while walking. She wouldn't even wear it if it wasn't laundry day. She's not really fond of dresses but she had to wear this one to school for her mother just gave it to her.

 

"I'm not." He said this time with a serious expression. He really wants her to know what he feels. Well, he's pretty sure that she already senses that but she thinks he's just kidding with her, which makes his heart ache so much.

 

*This guy really..* She thought, looking away from his stare. How could he be so bipolar? Just then he was all happy and childish, seconds later he's acting all serious and mature.

 

"You're really a polar bear." She mumbled, walking faster making her ahead of him. He heard it and couldn't help but smile. That was a nickname she had started to call him lately. To be honest, even though it's an insult and he'll probably sound like a masochist right now, he's happy when she calls him that.

 


 

"Sohee are you really going out with Kris?" Kai asked Sohee totally disturbing her from reading. He looked really interested which is very strange because they have never been close.

 

There must be something wrong with their math teacher because she's absent yet again. The class used to rejoice when we knew this great news but now we'd all just shrug our shoulders like we had expected it.

 

"Sorry to disappoint you Kai but we are not going out." She said with a smile, though she was quite uncomfortable with him. He's really known here in school for being a player so she never really wanted to get acquinted with him.

 

"No I'm not disappointed at all. Go out with me then?" He suggested looking like he wouldn't say no for an answer. He even held her hands with both of his.

 

"Kai what are you doing?" Kris who was watching the whole scene decided to step in. He must've heard the guy because he looked so angry.

 

Sohee, on the other hand, was thankful that he came. Strange, why did she feel that?

 

"Sohee's mine. You can't and never will go out with her." He said with his deep voice yet, why did he sound so childish then? He walked closer to them and shoved Kai's hands away from hers.

 

"When did I ever say that I was yours?" She asked him with crossed arms. She really appreciated him for helping her but she didn't want to be treated as an object. She is her very own. She is nobody's possession at all.

 

Hearing the heartbreaking question from her, he looked at her with teary eyes and held her hands awfully tight, shoving Kai away from them in the process.

 

"Are you saying that you accept his request?" He asked with deep hurt in his eyes. He never thought that she liked someone like Kai. Although she hasn't admitted yet, deep inside he knew that she liked him too.

 

"No of course not." She denied trying hard not to let out a disgusted face. Kai was so ing handsome but she honestly thinks that he's a d*ckhead for breaking all those innocent girls' hearts.

 

"Fine if I can't make you mine then I am all yours Sohee." He said making all their eavesdropping classmates squeel. She can't help but blush at this, though she wasn't aware of that. How could he say such a cheezy pick up line inside such a populated place like the classroom?

 

"Whatever." She sighed and pretended to sleep on her arm chair. She didn't know why she did that, but she felt like she needed to. One more look at his face, the strange feelings inside of her wouldv'e bursted out.

 


 

 "Fine if I can't make you mine then I am all yours Sohee."

 

*That polar bear, really.* Sohee covered her small laugh with the books she was carrying. Even though it was almost the end of lunch, she still couldn't get over what he said for some reason. When she remembers, she would always laugh.

 

Ever since that time, she felt her mood brighten up. She even felt like she was walking with a skip. She was smiling so much like mad woman but then it started to fade when she caught sight of two familiar figures ahead of her.

 

As she walked, the figures became clearer and clearer to see until she finally confirmed that it was CL and Minzy. 

 

"Hello guys!" She pretended to sound normal hoping that what happened before was just a big mistake. Ever since that time, they haven't talked nor hanged out with each other again. Dara was an excemption for she was always there for her.

 

The two gave her a smile which made her really glad but then she felt a hand painfully slap her cheek. She even needed to take a step back because of the full force. 

 

"Are you happy now?" CL asked, glaring at her like she was some sort of crazy woman. She even took out her alcohol and applied it on her hands, trying to disinfect the germs she got from her contact with Sohee's cheek.

 

She only looked at her in disbelief while holding her aching cheek with one hand. Lee Chaerin what's happening to you?

 

"Why are you doing this?" She asked the girl she used to be so close with. Tears even started to form in her eyes thinking of how much of a monster she had became.

 

"Don't you ever get it? CL likes Kris and you stole him away from  her you !" Minzy joined in the conversation, pushing her with full force making her fall hard to the ground.

 

Her face was unbelievable. On it was an expression Sohee never thought the maknae would have. It was hatred... Pure hatred towards her.

 

"I--- ne--never stole him." She said in a low voice. She was scared to defend herself but she had to for they were thinking wrong of her. Her heart was already aching from all the things they had done.

 

"Shut up!" They chorused and approached poor Sohee who was still lying helplessly on the floor. Blood drained her whole body when she stared at the eyes of each one of them. It was like a monster's.

 

"We ing hate you so much!" Minzy screamed at her, slapping her face with full strength making her groan in pain.

 

"We were the ones who threw the pot, surprise !" CL screamed with her, kicking her stomach and slapping her face numerous times. This time, she cried out in pain and screamed for any help in the empty hallway.

 

Her face was already bruised and her whole body was hurt but she felt more pain from the betrayal the two of them made. They were one of the precious people in her heart.

 

"Sohee?" A man's voice was heard which made the two stop their abuse.

 

Seeing her looking so weak on the floor, he and the rest of his friends dashed towards them with anger expressed in their faces.

 

Cold sweat started to form on CL and Minzy's forehead so they decided to run for it but then Lay managed to catch up to them. Looking back at Sohee's bruised face, his glare became scarier and his nails dug in their arms making them whince in pain.... Lay has never acted like this before.

 

"What do you think you're doing to her,  huh?" Luhan asked them furiously, attempting to throw a fist at them but good thing Sehun was there to stop him.

 

"Leave them alone guys and let's take dongsaeng to the clinic." Chanyeol called out to them, swiftly princess carrying her body. He looked at her and pain struck his heart, his dongsaeng fainted with tears still running on her cheeks. A painful sight for all of her friends present.

 

 


 

*My stomach.* Sohee secretly whinced in pain. After a huge effort of persuading the boys to keep their mouth shut, they finally gave in. Good thing the nurse offered to place foundation and concealer on her bruises.

 

CL and Minzy are girls but when they get mad, they are as strong as UFC fighters.

 

"Sohee!" A familiar voice called out and her insides immediately went berserk again, a very unfortunate combination with her aching body.

 

"I'll take you home." Kris offered while trying to catch his breath. He had been trying to find Sohee for almost an hour yet he failed.

 

She gave out a smile but for some reason it looked strange to him. He felt like she wasn't happy at all and she was just faking it. He also noticed that she's always clutching her stomach.

 

"Please Kris. Ju--- Please listen to me now. Don't follow me. PLEASE." She emphasized the last word, desperately hoping that he would listen to her for once. 

 

All that's happened to her now just made her want to be alone for the moment. She didn't want to be with anyone not even Kris... especially Kris who is the reason of her fight with CL and Minzy.

 

When she said this, she noticed the hurt on his face but she decided to ignore it and walk away, leaving him there all alone.

 

*I'm so sorry Kris but I want to be alone.* She thought, walking towards the school gate.

 

 

Image

» author's ramblings:   Hope you like the update:)

» layout credit