Chapter 14

Almost Heaven

I want to apologise to all Almost Heaven's subscribers, for not updating the story. I am really busy lately, and i lost motivation and inspiration.

Today I'm going to update an unedited chapter that i wrote months ago. 


 

Hana’s POV:

 

My relationship with Seunghyun was doing great, I couldn’t be any happier. Sure we were having our ups and downs like any other couple, but it wasn’t scary, because all our fights were due to jealousy and overprotectiveness.  I was madly in love with him, and i could feel that it was mutual, and sometimes i felt that he loves me more, I was really delighted about it, but Yoona’s words never left my mind, it’s not like i didn’t trust Seunghyun, but from time to time i think about what she said.

 

The second semester was over, and it was time to enjoy our holidays, even if Daesung oppa and Seunghyun were having their internship, we had chances to see each other. Eun Hee and I traveled to Japan for few days, since we were a little bored without the boys.

I re Friday night to home, and the next morning i woke up and prepared myself to go to Seunghyun’s apartment, i was eager to see him. Since it was really hot, i wore a tank top and a denim shorts.

 

When I arrived to his house, i opened the door since I knew the password, i looked for him, then I heard the sound of the shower, I decided to wait in his bedroom, and the television, i lied in the bed. After few minutes, he went out of the bathroom, when he saw me his smile grew wider, I really missed him. We hugged, and stayed in that position in a long time, “ You had a night shift? “ , he had a faint smile, I knew he was tired “ Yes, I just came back.” 

 

“Oppa, go change your clothes”, he looked at me and said “ Okay, I’ll change and let’s go out and have breakfast, i miss you mini.” I laughed at his statement.

When he came back from his dressing room, I was still on his bed, he sit next to me, and made my head rest on his chest, “ Hana, I love you”, my heart was beating faster. 

 

Author’s POV :

 

The atmosphere changed, few seconds after Seunghyun’s words, he leaned forward and kissed her lips, the kiss said everything, he missed her, he longed for her, it was so intense, he was on top of her, her arms were around his neck, when his hands traced her bare thighs, she tensed right away, but she didn’t stop what she was doing. Suddenly, his hands were on her waist, then made their way under her shirt. Hana was so scared, she remembered Yoona’s words, she was afraid, she knew he won’t leave her, and that Seunghyun is no longer the old person, but broke the kiss “ I’m not ready”, he turned and sit on the bed, “ I’m sorry, really” and made his way to the door, and said “ Let’s go”. 

 

He regretted what he was about to do, he promised himself that he won’t do anything to Hana, for him she was pure and still young. 

When they were in the car, they forgot about what happened earlier, and told each other what they did in the last days, they were laughing and enjoying the time they were spending together.

Hana lifted her legs and hugged them, she was comfortable in that position, but she didn’t see that her boyfriend was uncomfortable, he moved his free hand to the back seat and brought a blazer, and covered her legs, “ You are showing too much skin, don’t wear short clothes”, Hana laughed and nodded.

 

The whole group spent the summer together, and enjoyed every moment, since next year will be the final year in university, the only ones who were far from the graduation were Seungri and Hana.

 

The year past by really fast, and it was already one month before the final exams, everyone was invited to a Thom browne fashion show that was held in one of Kim hotels, when everyone was in the hall waiting to enter the room of the show, the elders were talking when suddenly Seunghyun’s mother saw that her son was displaying too much affection in front of them, he had his forehead on Hana’s and their nose were touching, she cleared to grab their attention, everyone turned to see them, 

“ What are you doing little lovebirds?” Hana blushed and everyone laughed.

 

Mr Choi said “ Let them be, I’m sure he will miss Hana, they don’t have much time to spend  with each other” , Hana seemed really confused, she looked at her boyfriend searching for an explanation, but he was looking at his father, his mother elbowed her husband, he then understood that his son didn’t yet tell her, “ I mean exams are around the corner, and he will graduate soon, and they will not spend much time together” 

Then Hana said “ Oppa, I didn’t ask you in which university you will make your medical specialty, you will stay in SNU, right?” Seunghyun took her hand and led her to the reserved places next the runway “ Let’s talk about it later baby”.

 

She was suspicious, and curious about what uncle Choi meant, but she decided to shove it away and enjoy the show.

 

 

Hana’s POV: 

 

The final exams were near, so we gathered like we always do, to prepare and focus on them. This time we rarely saw each other since the others were very concentrating in the studies to have very high marks so that they can graduate with honors. 

 

The year ended really quick, today we had our last exam, when we went out of the classroom, I told Seungri to accompany me the medical department, and wait for Seunghyun and Daesung in the hall, and he agreed.

We were siting in the chairs in the hall discussing and comparing our answers “ How could you not answer this question, i explained it just yesterday oppa” I was a little bit disappointed, “ Hana, don’t worry, that’s only few points, I answered all the other questions”.

We were still talking when we heard medical student talking, we knew that the exam was over, but what scared me, was what they were saying, “ Oh my god, it was so difficult, i’m not sure if i’ll make it” , “ Woah, never had a difficult exam like that one”…

Just then we saw Dae and Seunghyun coming toward us. 

 

“ What are you doing here guys?”, Daesung seemed surprised to see us here, Seungri and I didn’t bother to answer his question, but we both asked the same question at the same time “ How was the exam?” They both smiled, then i said “ We heard it was not easy”. Seunghyun smiled and said “ Yeah, it was, but I think we did well” I was happy to hear it from him “ And you, how did it go?” Seungri gladly replied “ It was good, we will finally enjoy our holidays.” We laughed at his statement, but it was soon interrupted by a girl and a boy who approached us, they greeted us, and started  to talk to Seunghyun and Daesung. 

 

I still had Seunghyun’s arm around my shoulders, but i didn’t mind their conversation, until i heard one girl saying “ We appreciated being your colleagues these last 6 years, too bad we won’t see each other next year.” Daesung let a nervous smile and said 

“ Don’t worry we will meet”. I didn’t understand anything, i looked at Seunghyun, then Seungri and Dae trying to understand what’s happening, until a guy said “ We are happy that you will study at Harvard university, but we will miss you guys.” 

 

I was shocked, how didn’t they tell me anything, especially Seunghyun, I tried to free myself from his arm that was around my shoulder without making it obvious for others, but his grip became tighter, and then his hand made way to hold my hand so that i can stay. Tears were about to fall anytime soon, by the look at Seungri, i was sure he already knew it, then i remember what uncle Choi meant few weeks ago.

When the two bade their goodbyes, I harshly freed my hand from Seunghyun’s 

“ Why didn’t you tell me? I accidentally know, when were you planing to tell me, one week before you go?” I was very angry, “ And you Dae oppa, don’t i deserve to know?”

 

I don’t blame Seungri for not telling me, because i’m sure they told him not to let me know. I turned my back and made my way to the parking lot, after few minutes I heard Seunghyun’s voice calling my name, but i didn’t mind waiting for him, but he caught my wrist and made me look at him “ Would you mind letting me explain?” 

“ I just want to know when did you make the decision to leave?” he lowered his head and sighed “ Years ago. Since my first year here” His answer made me angrier, “ And you couldn’t tell me before?” by the time we were already in the parking lot, and the others had their eyes on us. 

 

Jiyong said while smoking his cigarette “ Hyung, you told her?”, before Seunghyun’s reply, I said “Guess everyone knew except me, and no, he didn’t, it was a coincidence”

Taeyang joined our conversation and told me “ Hana, don’t get mad, he already had plans before meeting you, just like us, it’s not like he  made it now without you knowing”.  I sighed “ I’m not mad because they didn’t have my opinion,  it’s their career I can’t ask oppa to stay with me, it’s just that- Wait, what?? Just like you?” 

Eun Hee unnie came closer and hugged me “ Hana, we are sorry-“ She couldn’t finish her sentence because of her tears.

 

I was lost, I didn’t understand anything, everyone was looking down, only Seungri came to me and told me “ Jiyong hyung, Taeyang hyung and noona will go to France to study for two more years”. 

I was speechless, the only thing i said while crying was “ Seungri, you will also leave me?”  He wiped my tears and said “ Aniyo, I’ll be here, and they will come back soon, don’t worry you won’t notice their absence”. 

Seunghyun hugged me very tight and told me “ We need to talk, let’s go”.

When we arrived to a nearby café, we couldn’t talk, he sipped his coffee, and i was just looking at the window.  Suddenly he took my hand and said“ If you ask me to stay, i won’t go, you just have to tell” I looked at him and said “ I don’t have the right to decide your future, especially if it’s decided beforehand.” 

 

He remind quiet and told me “ Hana, I am serious, if you want me to stay, I will continue my studies and internship here. I made this choice years ago, now you are part of my life, so you have all the right to decide.” He was sincere, but i don’t want to tell him that i want him to stay, and never leave my side, “ We are talking about your future here, so I think you should go, plus, I would never make you stay if you didn’t want to”

 

He became a little bit angrier “Hana, it’s not like I don’t want to stay, now it’s all up to you, you just have to choose.” When he finished his sentence he stood and “ I’ll drop you at home.” the ride was silent until we arrived in front of my house “ Hana, I’ll be waiting for your answer.” 

When i joined my bed, I talked with Eun Hee, and asked why she didn’t tell me before, and she explained that she was planing to tell me, but we were enjoying every single minutes and they didn’t want to ruin it. We made up but I was still a little bit upset with them leaving, after our conversation i texted Seunghyun.

 

 To Seunghyun Oppa : “ Happy that you will study in Harvard university, Fighting oppa !”

 

He didn’t text me back but he called instead, after greeting each other, he went straight to the point “ Hana are you sure ?” I nodded like he was seeing my reaction “ Yes, it’s a great opportunity.” I tried my best to sound as cheerful and enthusiastic as possible, he was happy, but he explained that it will be difficult to be miles away from me. Before ending the conversation I told him “ Hmm, I want to tell you that tomorrow I’ll travel with my parents to Germany”, he stayed quiet and said “ How long you will stay there?” I started to feel uneasy “ Maybe 2 weeks, I still don’t know.” I know he will be angry , “ What? 2 weeks? It means you won’t attend our graduation ceremony, it’s next week.” I couldn’t reply but managed to say “ Mianhe oppa” and then hang up. 

 

Author’s POV :

 

One week later, Jiyong, Taeyand, Eun Hee, Daesung and Seunghyun were preparing for their graduation, it was the day they were waiting for all their life, but they were upset that one of their friend wouldn’t attend. Their parents were present for that day. 

The boys wore their elegant tuxedos and Eun Hee a simple short dress, and their graduation robes. 

When students didn’t see Hana, they started talking about the them breaking up, and it’s the end of their relationship or so called love, some girls were even happy and started to approach him, and trying to talk.

 

Mrs Lee gave a speech, which was judged boring by her son Seungri, after that everyone received their academic degree it was the turn of medical studies student, when it was Seunghyun’s turn he was asked to deliver a speech since he was the top of his class, Seunghyun was in front of the mic and he was disappointed because Hana wasn’t here to watch him.

“ Ladies and gentlemen, family, faculty and my fellow classmates, before I begin I would like to thank you for being here with us today. We only arrived here few short years ago, and now it's already time to leave. Good or bad, long or short, I will always remember this place. While I’m thrilled to be our valedictorian, I would never pass without the help of those great professors, parents, friends and colleagues. “ 

 

He told stories and anecdotes about his time in SNU, when he started to thank everyone he noticed a girl standing behind the sitting crowd, she was smiling and wearing a cute dress and holding flowers, he smiled he was so happy to see her here. 

“ I want to thank a special person, she is part of my life, she helped me and made me better, I don’t know what I would be without her, I love you.” His eyes never left hers, she cried when she heard his speech. Everyone turned to see who he was talking about, when they saw Hana, some smiled, some were annoyed. When he left the stage he went directly to Hana and hugged her. “ Oppa, you look really handsome today, thank God i came or else other girls would have taken you away from me.” He smiled at her comment and hugged her. 

Her parents came too, because they were considering Hana’s friends like their own children. The boys and Eun Hee were glad to hear that their friend came and watched the whole ceremony not only Seunghyun. When they were talking, laughing and taking pictures, Seunghyun put his square academic cap on Hana’s head and back-hugged her, and asked Seungri to  take a picture of them, before Seungri captured the picture, Seunghyun kissed her cheek, the picture was really beautiful, Hana was smiling and he was kissing her.