Deux

Strange Indifference

"Yah Siwon, do you think I will just let him be !" She yelled as she glared at him.

"You don't know me if you think so ! And you claim yourself to be my friend ?!" She slapped behind his head angrily. Siwon was trying his best to keep his composure but she was going too far though he understood she was upset and wanted to drown her sorrows in the alcohol.

"It's enough for today, right Song Qian ?!" He tried to take her out, but she just refused with her full body, holding onto the table and mumbling some words under her breath, he assumed she was swearing at him or something along those lines. Siwon felt like knocking her off, it was already late, she drank way too much and tomorrow they would both have to wake up early but he erased the thought. There were many people surrounding them and the thought of spending the night in jail was not very appealing. 

"Ahjumma, can you bring the bill please ?" The woman cameback few minutes later, as she handed him the bill, she eyeed Victoria.

"Will it be alright ?" He looked at her with questioning eyes, seeing he didn't understood she continued.

"I mean, that woman. She has been drinking since we opened." Siwon smiled politely as he paid for their consumation.

"She'll be fine, she have some problems but nothing she can't overcome." She nodded and left. When he turned to Victoria, he realized she fell asleep. He shook his head in disbelief and grabbed his phone to take picture. After this,he carried her and left the place.

It was a little past 7AM when Victoria woke up, she had a terrible headache. She soon realized it was not her place and she quickly knew she was at Siwon's. She noticed a note was left on the nighstand, with a drink. 

"Good morning sleepy head~

Don't be surprised if you feel sick, do you know how much you drank yesterday ? The next time you call me to have a drink, you won't heard from me anymore.

Whatever, today is a new day.Yesterday you took out all your anger's out, so today try to make it a better day. Drink this before you leave, breakfast is in the kitchen. 

Fighting !"

She smiled while reading it, she was very lucky to have a friend like him in her life. She didn't quite understood why he stick by her side when she has been nothing but troubles for him. And this goes back to when they were in high school. He was a model student, not only was he smart but he was also very handsome. While she was average, she wasn't especially popular, smart or funny back then, plus her grades were on the downfall.
Surprinsgly enough, when she once asked him to help her, he accepted right away. Since then, they have been friends. 

One thing she always admired about him was his ambition. If there was something he wanted to achieve, then by all means, he would get it done. This is true to this day. His current goal is to open his own law firm, he is currently working for one of the top company in Korea. 

She drank the beverage and went to take a shower. When she went downstairs, she saw that the table in the kitchen was full of foods carefully covered.

"All of this for me ? He is crazy" She scoffed but deep inside she loved the attention. She immediately send him a text.

"What it is with all the food, I don't eat that much!" When she started eating, she received his reply.

"Is it too much to just say 'Thank you' ?" 

"Thank you Choi Siwon ♥"

She was almost done, when she received another text.

"Make sure to close the door before you leave."

She took a last bite of bread, and then she left. After closing the door, she answered him back

"It's done, Mr. Choi"

If one didn't knew better, they couldn't have mistaken their relationship as being lovers seeing how she is at ease at his place, plus she even have the key to his house. But this is nothing like this, whenever a situation like this happened, when Victoria wasn't really in her right mind, rather than sending her home alone,Siwon would rather have her in his place, in security. Somehow the guest bedroom became her's. And Siwon felt more at ease, she have no family in Seoul. Her parent's live in the province.

 

On her way to the compagny, she kept thinking about her altercation with Changmin. Of course, she would take responsability if one of her team's member was the one causing so much trouble, but what she didn't understood was why instead of making assumptions it was her and making her the public ennemy number one of the company, why don't he takes this time to investitage. For as far as she remembers, Changmin has always hated her. When she passes by and greets him, he would just glare at her, and to this day, she never figured out why. 

As expected, after a few steps in the company, everybody around were stealing glances at her while having small talks. She could very well imagine for what reason, she hurriedly went to her offices. She was sure it would be different there, as usual she greeted her workmates but she got it all wrong. Half of them were hesitant to even greets her back, the other half ignored her. When she closed the door behind her and went in her own office, she saw tem gather and whisper between them while making sure she wasn't listening. It hasn't been that long since she arrived, but she was already tired. 

This is not what she was used to, she has been the team leader for more than five years now, she tried to make sure her team was working in a good environment, but all it took to destroy this was an accusation with no proof. The more she was thinking, the angrier she was. Did it makes sense ? 

Plus she was sure that before this week ends, she will just be fired. She needed some fresh air to empty her mind, the only place she knew she would be able to get what she wants without being disturbed was on the roof of the company. There was hardly anyone there.

After taking a few breaths, she screamed on top of her lungs

"So this how they thanks me !! After 5 years of hard work, one rumor and I'm treated way worst than a dog!! Right, fire me already, I'll find a company which won't be greedy and where my skills will be valued for what it really is !" She felt as light as a feather after yelling so much.

"Yeah, you just wait Mr executive director, Shim Changmin. You didn't waste a second humiliating me and accusing me, just wait until your time will come. I'll be the first to laugh"

"What has my son done ?" The familiar voice frightened her as it was unexpected. She just prayed it wasn't who she thought it was. When she turned around, she was face to face with Chairman Shim. He seemed amused and just smiled at her. It has been a few minutes he was watching her but he didn't wanted to stop her either.

"Mr Shim, I deeply apologize, I didn't mean to." Her face was as red as a tomato, she bowed a few times. When she lifted her head, she saw him laugh. She thought it was incredible how he was different from his son. 

"Don't worry, Victoria, I've heard what happened yesterday. I'm sorry about my son, I'll have a word with him later but please, don't ever think of leaving the company." He was so nice to her, she tried her best to keep the tears from falling. Since yesterday, it has been hell, all the employees were avoiding her, he is the first person who didn't. 

"But Mr Chairman, aren't you suspicious ? I mean, I am not behind this but it seems like you are the only one who trust me." She just had to know, if he believes her, she won't have to worry anymore.

"There is no way you would do this, I know it. And I don't  need further evidence." He assured her, before leaving. "Well, it seems like I have to go back to work."

"Thank you Mr Chairman" She shed a tear and she was grateful he trusted her. It was refreshing

 

Down the stairs, Chairman Shim was with his bodyguards and Son Dambi. When he searched after Victoria, he didn't wanted anyone to follow him so they waited outside. As soon as he got back, his smile disappeared. 

"Tell Changmin to come to my office right now." He said angrily, Dambi was following closely behind wondering what happened for him to be this mad. 

"The executive director is currently having a meeting with the advertising team, he-" Mr Shim stopped in his track, surprising Dambi and he turned to her.

"What did you not understand, I said right now !" 

"I apologize, I will go look for him, Mr Chairman." Dambi bowed to him a little afraid of his reaction, and went to find him. On her way to Changmin's office she called Tiffany, his secretary.

"Is Changmin in his office ?" 

"He just went out"

"Go right now tell him to stay in his office! He must not leave, tell him I am coming."

She hanged the phone, 5mn later she entered his office. He was sipping a coffee while reading what it looked like a contract.

"Ah Dambi, good news, Gong Yoo accepted the CF deal, he should start-" He furrowed his eyes when he noticed she was out of breath.

"What have you done ??" She asked him, he obviously did something for his father to behave like this.

"What do you mean ?" He didn't understood the situation right now.

"Your father talked with Victoria, and the second I saw him, he asked after you. You are in trouble !" She either didn't got it, from what she heard, nothing happened that justify Changmin's father reaction.

"What ? Right now ?" He grabbed his coat, and was taking fast steps.

"Of course! Hurry up!" She followed him anxiously. When they arrived to the chairman's office, she announced his son was there and left. As soon as Changmin entered, his father got up from his seat and went toward him. Fire was burning in his eyes.

"Do you think this company is school ? You think while I'm away you can humililiate my employees ? How old are you ?" His voice was low but very menacing. His father rarely talked like this, but when he did, Changmin was sure there would be some kind of trouble.

"Da- I mean, Chairman, what do you mean ? Are you perhaps talking about my talk with team leader Victoria ?" Changmin was in disbelief, she couldn't possibly be the reason behind this.

"What else can I be talking about ? Do it seems like a joke to you ?!" 

"What do you care so much about her ? She is at fault !" Changmin couldn't bear it any longer, what wrong has he done that his father was angry about. 

"I don't get why you care so much about her ! She don't have her place here !" He started yelling louder than he thought, but this was a situation he couldn't comply to. Just then, the sound of a clap resonated in the huge office. Changmin's cheek was red and hurting.

"Who  do you think you are yelling at ! Huh ?!"

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I am truly sorry for updating the story just now, it's been a long time since I have posted anything actually. I don't have any excuse, but I still hope you will enjoy this 2nd chapter. I know this is a late update, but I promise I'll continue this fanfic ^^