1.

like one, two, like three, four and five.

The doorbell rings and a blindingly cheerful smile appears when he opens the door, followed soon after by a large, deep blue pot from which a delectable fragrance wafts from, a comforting combination of home-cooked food and warmth.

“Hello! I’m your new neighbour,” The male – for despite his feminine appearance, he is indeed of the male gender – greets a certain Kim Kibum, smile wider than the ocean, eyes fresher than the flowers growing happily in the front yard across the street. “I’m Lee Taemin. What’s your name?” He’s dressed casually in a t-shirt and jeans ensemble which emphasise his thin and lithe figure. His hair is a warm shade of caramel brown, obviously not a natural hue if the deep roots beginning to show are any indication but all the same, it fits his appearance quite nicely, hanging about his face in a wispy frame.

Despite the fact that there are so many things that the feline-eyed man can spy wrong about the other from his appearance alone (he’s too innocent, too bubbly, too unrefined for his more upper-class standards, too overall untouchable), Kibum holds the door open anyway, allowing a small nod of admittance as he gestures the other to come inside.

“I’m Kim Kibum, but you can call me Key. Neighbours, eh?” he responds, and even as he speaks the other’s smile grows implausibly wider and he’s already kicking off his shoes and entering his home, and Kibum closes the door behind as they begin the first tentative steps of what one may call a friendship call an acquaintance call a relationship and meeting between two souls.

Taemin has a smile that’s fresher than the flowers in the garden of the front yard across the street, but that’s okay because Kibum’s own garden is beginning to dry and could probably do with a little bit of sunshine and tender loving care.