Autumn

Seasonal

Autumn

Junsu drops his soccer ball and runs towards the blanket of reddish orangey brown leaves, tugging at Yunho’s hand, making sure that the older boy was following.

Yunho is just a little awed at how the falling autumn leaves dazzle Junsu. It’s childish, it’s immature, but Yunho can’t help but let Junsu pull him along as well.

“Hyung! Look!” Junsu cries as he grabs a leaf the wind carried down from a nearby tree “Isn’t it pretty?”

Chuckling, Yunho yanks Junsu’s arm, bringing the shorter boy to crash messily into his chest and into a bear hug “Su is much prettier”

“Let’s see who can catch the most leaves!” Junsu decides, running off to the other side of the tree, standing opposite of Yunho with a charming smile

“Oh!? And what does the winner get?” Yunho asks, interested

Junsu scratches his head a little “Eternity?” his voice was soft and uncertain.

“Eternity?” Yunho repeats, wanting Junsu to clarify further

Nodding, Junsu points his index finger towards Yunho “An eternity with the other!”

Using one hand to hold on tightly to the accumulating leaves the other hand was diligently collecting, both Yunho and Junsu craned their necks and stared up towards the cloudy sky, watching as leaves rolled with the wind, floating down low enough for them to catch.

Somehow, the two had made their way towards each other, as though there were some imaginary force pulling them together.
“Spend your eternity with me?” Yunho asks bashfully as he sticks his hand out, offering his leaves to Junsu.

Junsu takes the other’s leaves with a shy smile on his face. He nods softly, blushing. Slowly, he brings the two bunches of leaves together “It looks like a bouquet, doesn’t it?”

“As though it were meant for a wedding” Yunho comments as he gently places his hands over Junsu’s own hands, leaning in to place a soft and simple kiss on Junsu’s awaiting lips.

Junsu doesn’t know when he had closed his eyes, but when he opens them, he sees Yunho, and there’s nothing that makes him happier as he throws his bouquet of dried leaves into the air before he lunges and latches onto Yunho’s neck.

“Let’s spend every season together” Junsu suggests, looking up hopefully at Yunho.

Yunho replies by sealing Junsu’s lips a passionate kiss. The soccer ball lays forgotten under the Autumn sky.