14

what is infinite

            Once they all got into the salon, many of them went to different places while they waited for their turns. Sungjong and Hoya found a couch to sit in, Sunggyu and Dongwoo went into a separate room, Woohyun went into the bathroom, and Sungyeol, being the first one into the salon, was already getting his hair done. Myungsoo dragged his body to where Sungyeol was and he sat on the counter in front of Sungyeol, making sure to not block the mirror that reflected Sungyeol to the stylist.

            Sungyeol had his head laid back, and his eyes were closed. He didn’t seem to notice that Myungsoo was there, but Myungsoo didn’t care.

            He stared at Sungyeol as the stylist washed and dried his hair. Letting the other members go first, he leaned back against the wall by the mirror and brought his legs up onto the counter with him. He continued to watch Sungyeol’s relaxed, sleeping face as he got his hair and make-up done.

            Once Sungyeol was finished, the stylist tapped on his shoulder to tell him so. When Sungyeol opened his eyes, he found Myungsoo’s eyes on him, and he smiled. Myungsoo felt himself smile back widely, even in his sleepy state, and he was reminded again of how colossal his feelings for the elder were. After Sungyeol moved to the couch Hoya and Sungjong were on, Myungsoo sat in his chair. Myungsoo’s eyes followed Sungyeol’s figure up until the stylist told him to face the mirror.

            Myungsoo pouted, but did what the stylist told him to anyway. After his hair was dried, he put on his earphones, making sure that it didn’t get in the way of his hair or make-up, and he closed his eyes as “That Summer” came on. He listened to the parts and sang along in his head. When Sungyeol’s part came up, he smiled widely to himself. The stylist had finished at that moment, and Myungsoo got up off of the chair. He sat at the edge of the couch Sungyeol was sleeping in and petted Sungyeol’s hair.

            I wonder if he knows how many people he makes smile because of his singing.

            That day, Infinite had a couple of photo shoots for different magazines.

            Hoya sat into the back of the car with Sungjong and Dongwoo. He was a bit restless. He watched as Woohyun took Sungyeol’s hand in his again, and he didn’t know what to do. He knew what was going on with Woohyun. He knew that Woohyun was starving himself and purging, but he didn’t know how to fix it. Was he supposed to talk to Woohyun about it? What was he supposed to say? He had already tried to give Woohyun a hint that he knew what he was doing by telling him to eat more, but that was already hard enough, and it didn’t even help.

            He and Woohyun didn’t talk that much, and they surely were not close enough to talk about something that personal. He thought about telling Dongwoo or Sungjong about it, but they weren’t that close with Woohyun either. Dongwoo was probably a good person to tell, but Hoya could see that he had enough worries on his mind. With Sungyeol and Sunggyu on the edge, there wasn’t a person Hoya could ask to help. Woohyun would kill him if he was to tell the managers—Hoya was sure of that. And there was no way he could tell the CEO either.

***

            It was the last photo shoot of the day, and it was for the June issue of STAR Magazine. For the first few pictures, Woohyun was given a striped tank top and jeans. The stylist had told him earlier that he had gotten too skinny. He was just one size away from being as skinny as Sungyeol and Sungjong, and that wasn’t good for his health. When she had told him that, Woohyun just kept a straight face and pretended to drown out her words. She had just sighed and handed him the clothes.

            Woohyun took the hanger with clothes from the stylist and gave her a small smile. The stylist nodded back and went straight back into the other room to get clothes for the other members. Woohyun looked at his clothes and was kind of happy that he was given a size smaller than he had gotten last time.

            The hairstylist fitted a pale headband onto his head and applied eyeliner onto his eyes. He was given very minimal make-up since it was supposed to be a nature-themed shoot. The first picture would be a group picture, and then they would go into individual shoots, along with another group picture for the cover.

            Woohyun glanced to his left for a few seconds to look at the other members. Sungyeol was also wearing a striped tank top, and childishly enough, he was a little happy to find that they matched. When Sungyeol turned around and caught Woohyun’s eyes on him, Woohyun looked away quickly, hoping that Sungyeol hadn’t noticed. But he did, and fortunately, Sungyeol didn’t think much of it.

            The first few pictures went very well.

            Myungsoo was in the middle, as usual, and Sungyeol was as far away from Sunggyu as the group picture allowed him. He awkwardly leaned towards Dongwoo and Hoya, but it came out great on camera. However, that was one of the only pictures where Sungyeol didn’t have to be close to Sunggyu.

            For the cover, Sungyeol was told to sit right next to Sunggyu. It just felt so awkward when the photographer told Sunggyu to lean closer to Sungyeol. Sungyeol only had a tank top on, but Sunggyu’s breath on his bare shoulders just made it too warm to handle. It made Sungyeol tense up when Hoya accidentally pushed Sunggyu’s shoulders a little too hard and made Sunggyu’s head press against Sungyeol’s head. It was even worse when the photographer liked the scene and made Sunggyu rest his head on Sungyeol’s.

            ‘Be more natural.’

            ‘Sunggyu, move closer to Sungyeol.’

            ‘Sungyeol, rest your head on Sunggyu’s.’

            All of it was driving Sungyeol crazy.

            Luckily for him, the next few photos had Sunggyu with Sungjong and Hoya, and him with Myungsoo, Woohyun, and Dongwoo. They were told to hold onto each other and look very close, and Sungyeol was so relieved to see that Sunggyu was put with the other members. He didn’t know how much he could handle, but he was sure that he didn’t want to be forced to hold onto him. The night before just made them so awkward with each other and Sungyeol didn’t know whether he could actually talk to the leader again. They were no longer mad at each other, but there was this strange feeling whenever one of them was near.

            Was it all just a big mistake? Are we not going to be able to fix this?

            He felt Myungsoo hold onto his bare shoulders, and he turned around to smile at the younger. Myungsoo wasn’t looking at anywhere but the camera, so Sungyeol assumed that Myungsoo was just following directions. He turned back to the camera and wrapped his arm around Dongwoo. He was kind of happy that Dongwoo didn’t have a tank top on.

            He didn’t need any more skin touching skin than he already had with Myungsoo.

            When the photographer called attention, he immediately smiled again. He told them to play around a bit and to be relaxed, so Woohyun started to fan the giant leaf prop he had in his hand, and Myungsoo’s script flew to the ground from the chair on the other side of the set. Everyone started to laugh, and Dongwoo pulled Woohyun back a bit to make the picture just that more perfect. Myungsoo hadn’t noticed, but hearing Sungyeol laugh for the first time that day made the sides of his lips curl up for a picture that Myungsoo has kept in his phone ever since.