Ever Enough

Take the Fall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WTUv3KvgNM (read when the music starts to play. ^^)

 

            No I’m never gonna live you darling..

            No I’m never gonna go regardless..

            Everything inside of me is living in your heartbeat..

           Luhan started to sing, his face full of emotions. I smiled and turned to look at Baekhyun who was tapping his feet into the rhythm of the music and he stared back, softly smiling at me.

 

            I will always be yours forever and more…

            Through the push and the pull..

            I still drown in your love and drink til’ I’m drunk…

            After all that I’ve done is it ever enough…

         Baekhyun sang the chorus, his voice so serene and sincere that I felt as if every lyric was meant for me. His eyes, that chocolate brown orbs of his devoured into nothing but a tight and calm gaze towards where I was seated.

           

            And now I know what it’s like..

            Reaching from the other side..

            After all that I’ve done..

           Minutes passed by unnoticed and I was left in awe as I listened to Luhan and Baekhyun’s voices that sounded so pure and breathtaking. The five of them played the instruments and sang with so much passion that I felt tears b in my eyes due to happiness. They were like fallen angels, too perfect, too good.

 

            For all that it’s worth, is it worth it?

           Cause more than it’s hard to desert it..

           For all that it’s worth, is it worth it?

           How do we know without searching..

         And just like that Baekhyun continued singing as he walked towards me, the look in his eyes, tender and mild. Then he kneeled in front of me letting his slender fingers slide through the strands of my hair.

 

           

            I will always be yours forever and more…

            Through the push and the pull..

            I still drown in your love and drink til’ I’m drunk…

            After all that I’ve  done is it ever enough…

            His right hand held mine and his harmonious voice continued filling the room.

           

             Is it ever enough?

            Baekhyun finished the song, never averting his gaze to anyone else but me. He combed a few strands of my hair to the back of my ears and pulled out a rose like the usual magic trick, the corner of his lips tugged into an upward direction and a playful smile. His right hand still clasped my hands tightly and his left hand held the rose as he started to speak.

 

          “I know this is going to be quite awkward and I don’t know how to start either. But hear me out ok? Actually I’m more nervous than I’m supposed to be because the other guys are here and I’m pretty sure, they’d be making fun of me later but right now, this is important, you are important.” Attempting to finish his sentence smoothly, Baekhyun looked like he was trying his hardest not to stutter while Kris sniggered, Sehun and Luhan exchanged glances and Chanyeol was working hard to suppress a loud laugh matching a stupid grin. I stared at them smiling shyly as I urge Baekhyun to continue.

            “You know these past few days I’ve been avoiding you right?”

            “Obviously.”

            “And I’m sorry because I know that you were throwing a tantrum.”

            “That’s a given.”

            “So please let me speak and finish my sentences before I end up being all coward again.”

            “As you please.” I stated and nodded for Baekhyun to speak.

            “Hmm..ok, so I was watching you awhile back. The moment you entered the piano room, I have been there inside the CCTV room watching your every move, you know the perks of being the school president.” Baekhyun said proudly and proceeded with his words. “ So this was all planned. I didn’t talk to you, I acted as if I forgot our friendsary because there was something more to that. We’ve been best friends since we were kids, and I know you like the back of my head so I was able to guess that you’d be coming here in the music room sooner or later. That’s why I prepared this because I though this would be the best way to let you know. And in all honesty, I didn’t know why or how did it even happened, I use to love you in a platonic way but…” His words were cut off as he heave a deep sigh. He handed me the rose in his hand and his right hand let go of mine, he stood up and started to inhale and exhale. He was sweating bullets, looking anywhere and everywhere except me as if every little thing suddenly look interesting. The other boys were already tapping their feet and was impatiently staring at him while I kept silent, my heart erratically beating with every minute passing by. Then suddenly, he stop and kneeled infront of me again.

            “I know this is going to be quite awkward” “Oh come on, you’ve already said that awhile ago. Man up Baek! Man up!” Chanyeol shouted not letting Baekhyun finish his sentence making Kris nudge him in the stomach in return. “Keep quiet, let him do it his way.” Kris hissed at him and I put back my attention to the now shaking Baekhyun.

            “Actually, I’ve been hiding this for a few months already. At first I wanted to get rid of it but it wasn’t until recently that I really understood it. Do you know that? Do you know the feeling of wanting someone so badly that you feel like you will be out of breath without that person by your side? I felt like that, I felt needy, eager to be by your side yet out of all this I was afraid to lose you. So I thought so hard that I would have imagined my mind crashing into thousand bits. I was fearing that I would destroy our friendship if I did this, therefore I cling on to the decision that staying as your best friend would be for the best until the other guys knock some sense into me…”

            “Baekhyun just stop beating around the bush, tell me directly what is it? Your making me so confuse right now.” I told Baekhyun and he finally stared at me, eye to eye.

            “Yunee, what I’m saying is that I would like to ask you to be my princess. No, that’s wrong I want you to become my queen, the holder of my heart and the one to complete the missing part of me.” Silence. After hearing Baekhyun finally spill the beans, there was nothing but silence. Everyone’s eyes were focused on me and each had a look of hope in it especially on Baekhyun’s. I nibbled on my bottom lips for a while as the seconds passed away, I then stood from my position making Baekhyun swiftly stand as well.

            “I’m sorry Baekhyun..” I said as I gazed at him. The boys' mouths were wide open and they stood stiff in their positions, not believing what they heard.

            “I-i-it’s alright. I guess not everything has a happy ending.” He stuttered and bowed his head. I put a hand on his shoulder and spoke.

          “I know Baekhyun that you really put a lot of effort in this seeing how you’ve prepared so much and you know that I appreciate it, right? But it’s not that I don’t want you, I like being your best friend, in fact I love it so much that I’m afraid to give up that position. Yet is it ever enough? Are my efforts of maintaining that relationship ever enough? Not really. So I’m sorry Baekhyun, I’m sorry because from now on I will stick to you like a gum mixed with glue, tight more than the tightest bond.” I stated and he looked at me, eyes as wide as saucers. Well, it sure looks like he was shocked way beyond my expectations.

           “HUH??” Was all that came out from his mouth and I giggled as I slapped his shoulders softly.

           “Pabo. I’m telling you now that I’m accepting your confession. I will be your queen or princess or whatever you want it to be. I’m accepting your cheesy confession so stop looking all gloomy, will you? Besides my efforts of maintaining our relationship as best friends might not really work well for us since I can’t keep my feelings forever and I never thought you’d fall for me too.” I stated and that’s when Chanyeol broke out into a huge grin together with the other three guys while Baekhyun shouted at the top of his lungs.

         “Oh heavens, thank God, my prayers are answered! Yunee, I love you so much! YUNEE I LOVE YOU!” Baekhyun exclaimed repeatedly, lifting me up in the process. Meanwhile Kris, Sehun, Luhan and Chanyeol crowded the both of us as they said their congratulations then Baekhyun put me down and lovingly looked into my eyes.

           “You are the best thing I ever had.” Surprised that we actually said the same thing, both Baekhyun and me laughed a bit and as we continued to gaze at each other. Baekhyun then pulled me into a tight hug and kissed my forehead. I was literally drowning in bliss right at that moment and as if it couldn’t get any better, I remembered once again that the man I fell inlove with is no other than Byun Baekhyun, my bestfriend. The person who accepted my flaws and help me gained confidence, the guy who made me smile and love me more than I ever loved myself and the man who taught me that romance isn’t something experienced only in fairytales but one which could come by into our lives in the least expected way we could ever imagine.