Unimaginable

Take the Fall

 

          It was spring. One fine day with flowers blooming and the sun shining across the blue coloured sky. A day wherein I was supposed to be smiling, supposed to be all giddy and stuff but I wasn’t…merely because the past days didn’t allow me to. So here I am, walking alone on a deserted hallway following the path that was leading to the music room. Not noticing it, the music sheet in my hand was slowly being crumpled but I was more busy on cursing someone in the back of my mind because that person seems to ignore my existence for the days that went by. My best friend as he claims himself to be was being a total pain because he refuses to acknowledge my presence several days before. Even forgetting it was our friendsary today, he suddenly went MIA and is nowhere to be found right now. So it’s only valid that I’m throwing a tantrum right now because trust me if your best friend avoids you or unknown reason, you’ll be sure to throw a mindless fit like I me.

           “Keep calm.” I told myself as I sighed dejectedly, opening the door to the vacant music room. Music was what I needed right now and I would have cared less if a teacher saw me cutting classes through the CCTV that was angled perfectly at the right ceiling of the room. I frowned a little as I stared at the CCTV, waving at it dismissingly after I stuck my tongue out and made a face at it as if someone was watching me. Yeah, I know, I’m weird like this. I then walked towards the classic piano that was painted with the colour white, touching its smooth surface like I always did since it was my favourite instrument. Occupying the chair in front of the piano, I let my fingers slide through its keys as I placed the now crumpled music sheet at my eyes view. I exhaled deeply and then started to play.

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH1heDr5J5k  (read when the song starts..^^)

 

            I remember all my life..

          I sang as I let my fingers glide smoothly pressing the keys while my gaze followed every note written. Slowly, the feelings of calmness surged up within me as I felt my frustrations being released with every lyrics coming out from my mouth.

 

            Morning just another day, happy people pass my way…

            Losing myself into the song. I swayed calmly into the music’s melody and rhythm, totally forgetting time as it ticked away. I was lost, lost in my own world.

 

            I never realised how happy you made me oh Mandy..

           A voice suddenly piped in making me doubt for a moment if I was really alone in the music room.

 

              But I sent you away oh Mandy…

            In sudden synchronization, the voice continued to sing with me, not missing a beat while I played the piano and sang my heart out. The familiarity that the voice held made me want to wish that it was indeed the person I was hoping it to be but I was alone in the music room and the voice I’m hearing was blaring from nothing but the speakers that is situated inside the said room. I closed my eyes, held my breath when I heard the voice stopped singing.

 

            I’m standing on the edge of time..

            I walked away when love was mine,,

            Caught up in a world of uphill climbing..

            Tears are on my mind…

            But nothing is rhyming oh Mandy..

         The voice penetrated my soul as I felt someone’s presence near mine. With the smoothness and calmness of every lyric uttered, I dared not open my eyes and followed my instincts while my hands glide familiarly by the keys of the piano. Pressing note after note, I opened my eyes to see Baekhyun standing beside me. I stopped playing, looked at him and exhaled deeply. I gathered the music sheet by the piano, stomped my feet and glared. I was still mad at him. Suddenly panicking he took a tight hold of my wrist when he saw me about to walk away.

            “Byun Baekhyun, let go.” I stated perplexed at how the events were turning out to be.

            “Let go!” I hissed at him. All the while glaring and shooting lasers towards him with my eyes.

           “You dare ignore me this past few days and now you suddenly appear, singing beside me as if nothing happened. Well, applause to the great Baekhyun because I’m not going to entertain whatever it is that’s going through that thick skull of yours! Pabo.” After hearing my words, Baekhyun bowed his head and gazed at the floor. I was waiting for him to release me but he never did so I spoke once again.

            “What now?! I told you to let me go!” I snapped at him with a straight face, one of my eyebrows raised high in the process and he in return just gulped.

 

            Oh baby won’t you listen to what I’ve gotta say..

            Oh baby don’t you let me throw it all away…

          Singing out of nowhere, I noticed that he change the lyrics from Mandy to baby. His hands was still gripping on my wrist when he said the last line.

 

            And I need you today oh Yunee…

          His hands found its way to my waist, encircling it as he captured me into a back hug. My heart felt like it was about to stop beating at that exact moment. Excitement, amazement, confusion, every emotion filled my shaking body as I felt Baekhyun’s warmth against mine.

 

          “I was watching you through the CCTV, you looked you so pretty while singing so I sang with you. What to do? I think I was overly captured by you best friend.” He murmured as his chin rested on top of my shoulders, his breath ghosting the sides of my neck giving me goose bumps.

            “Oh shut up Baekhyun, shouldn’t you be having classes right now?” I responded with a hint of nervousness in my voice though I was silently praying in my head that he didn’t notice.

            “Shouldn’t I be saying the same thing? Why are you in the music room Yunee instead of having your classes?” Using his brains as an advantage, Baekhyun cheekily replied to my question whilst still staying in his position and holding me close to his side. His snide remark made me totally quiet like my brain was shut down for some reasons I don’t even want to know. His hands stayed in place, clasped calmly against my waist as if he didn’t want me to go while I fidgeted and tugged at the hems of my uniform endlessly.

            “Stay still. I want you to listen to me. The reason why I ignored you the past days is because I was preparing for this day. I was preparing for our friendsary and I hope that you would like my present.” Finishing with his words, Baekhyun soon pulled me by the vacant chair beside the piano and told me to occupy it. He started pacing for quite a few seconds and then made an ok sign towards the CCTV and smiled.

            “Don’t worry, you’ll love it.” He assured me and out of nowhere, the door to the music room opened and came in Baekhyun’s friends. There was Kris and Chanyeol with their intimidating heights and Sehun who was clinging to Luhan as always.

             “Noona, Baekhyun hyung blackmailed me.” Sehun whined looking like a lost puppy in front of me.

         “Oh, what did he do Sehunnie..” “Do that later Sehun, let’s finish this first, ok?” Kris said cutting me off as he grabbed the younger's arm softly while Sehun just frowned and dramatically stared at me as he went to stand beside Luhan who pinched Sehun’s cheeks making the latter smile. I giggled a bit at the scene unfolding when I felt someone’s arm slung on my shoulder.

            “Well hello Yunee!!” Chanyeol grinned as he waved his hands frantically towards me, his nose twitching and eyes sparkling like usual. “Do I hear wedding..ahskdjdkdjlsdfddflsd” Not being able to continue with his words, Chanyeol was pulled this time by Baekhyun and I looked at them with my eyebrows furrowed and dumbfounded.

            “Never mind him, he’s just hyper-active as always. Happy virus you know.” Baekhyun told me while he pulled Chanyeol mercilessly towards Kris and the others with Chanyeol flailing his arms endlessly because Baekhyun was covering his mouth. That made me laugh.

            “Let’s do this well ok?” Baekhyun said before situating himself in the middle of the four boys with Chanyeol and Sehun both holding the guitars while Kris stayed behind the drum set and Luhan a little bit at the back of Baekhyun.

            “Ready?” Luhan asked, they all nodded in return and soon they started playing. The familiar sound of the guitar filled the whole room and I gasped, they were playing my favourite song.