Not What You Seem To Be

You're Not Ready

Omo! Hey you guys! Once again, thanks for the positive feedback. Today we're back with Not What You Seem To Be, the third chapter of You're Not Ready. This chapters not a long as the others, but thats just so I can have more in store for you guys a next chapter. So, that being said, enjoy! :D


"Bwoh! Are you serious?" Jaemin said as he put his bowl of cereal down loudly.

 

You looked at Jaemin with a look of surprise and confusion. What was his deal?

 

"Yah. What's wrong with me going out with Jay?" You asked.

 

Jaemin gave a loud sigh of frustration as he took off his jacket. He threw it down on his chair as he turned around muttering. At that moment, Chacha walked in and stopped once he saw your brother.

 

"Is this a bad time?" Chacha said softly to you.

 

Jaemin whipped around and pointed at you.

 

"Jay asked her out this weekend," he fumed.

 

You turned to look Chacha and he turned to you.

 

"Seriously?" Chacha said.

 

You noticed the change in Chacha's tone of voice. You soon found yourself seriously confused.

 

"What is wrong with it?" You asked frustrated.

 

You were frustrated with how they reacting. Was it just because you were going on a date with one of the crew members? Was this a forbidden thing among the crew? Don't let your little sisters date other members?

 

"Spot...We're all immature as hell...I don't think you want to go out with Jay...." Chacha started.

 

"I know you guys aren't the most mature bunch, but from what I've seen, Jay seems like a pretty nice guy," you said.

 

Jaemin groaned and flopped down into his chair, his arms dangling by his sides.

 

"She doesn't get it...She just doesn't get it," he muttered.

 

"Get what?" You said as you became more frustrated.

 

Chacha sighed and seemed to be in thought for a bit. Soon he pulled out his phone and made a call. You could hear the other end ring slightly before someone picked up.

 

"Hey man. Where you at? Naw man. Just wanted to remind you of the competition we got next weekend. We're also meeting at my place later tonight for a few drinks......You're gonna be busy? It's ok. We're just gonna be drinking.....Ah alright....see ya man," Chacha said as he closed his phone.

 

"Who was that?" You asked.

 

"Where are your car keys?" Chacha said as he disregarded your question.

 

"Huh?"


"Why are we here?" You asked from the back seat of your car.

 

Chacha had taken to driving and your brother was in the passengers seat. They had driven you all the way to Seattle. You had only been in the city a few times, but you soon recognized the nicer part of the city.

 

"There it is," Chacha said as he parked the car by the sidewalk.

 

"What is where?" You asked.

 

Chacha looked at you and then at Jaemin.

 

"Over there," Jaemin said as he pointed to a small outdoor cafe.

 

You looked over and noticed it was somewhat busy and there were plenty of people sitting outside of the cafe. That's when you saw him. Jay was sitting at a little table off to the side. Jay was looking down at his drink and kept looking up and smiling as he talked with someone. You leaned in and looked closer. Someone from another table was obstructing your view of who he was talking to.

 

"I can't see who he's talking to..." You muttered as you squeezed yourself between the driver and passenger's seat.

"Who's up for a drink?" Jaemin muttered as he opened the door and stepped out.

Chacha laughed and followed suit making you scutter to keep up. Before you even took a step towards the cafe, Jaemin pulled you into a small boutique that you had parked by.

"Yah! What are you doing!" You groaned as he pulled you towards the cutesy section of the shop.

Chacha laughed and followed. Jaemin dragged you to the scarf section and started trying some on you. He soon settled on snood scarf.

"Try this on too," Chacha said from behind you.

You turned and soon found yourself wearing a pair of aviator glasses.

"Nice. Keep those," Chacha said as he put on a pair and passed another to Jaemin.

Five minutes later, Chacha, Jaemin, and you left the shop. They had paid for your things and their glasses.

"What is all of this for?" You asked as you tugged slightly at the scarf.

"So he won't recognize you or us. Come on," Jaemin said.

Chacha led the way to bar across the street. You and Jaemin sat down at a small table outside as Chacha went inside to get some drinks. You looked at Jaemin.

"Really...What is this all about oppa?" You asked as you looked over to the cafe.

"The show about to start?" Chacha said as he came out with two beers and a soda.

"Yah. Why do you guys get to drink?" You asked as you opened the soda.

"Tsk. Just look," Jaemin muttered as he drank from his Heineken.

You looked up and at that moment a table of people were getting up to leave. The moment they moved you soon saw what they were talking about. Jay now had his hands across the table...holding another girl's as she looked away and blushed.

"That little snot!" You said as you slammed your drink down.

"Whoa!!! Calm down kiddo," Chacha said as he took out some napkins and placed them over your spill.

"Keep watching," Jaemin said as he took another swing of his drink.

After a minute, the girl stood up and smiled. Jay also stood up and gave her a hug as well as a quick kiss. She smiled and waved goodbye as she left. Jay sat back down and waited a minute before he got back up and threw the drinks that had been drinking away. He disappeared into the cafe and soon came back with two different drinks. He sat back down and seemed to be waiting for something. A few minutes later, a different girl appeared.

"BWOH! Seriously?! Aish!" You said angrily as you turned your back from the scene.

"This is what we meant...." Jaemin said, finishing off his beer.

"This person....Seriously?" You muttered as you took a sip from your drink.

Truthfully, you felt hurt. He had acted so nicely towards you. He truly did seem like a really nice guy, so it hurt to know that you had been betrayed. Jay seemed to want to just use you like he did the poor girls.

"There goes girl number two," Chacha said.

You turned and saw that the second girl was now leaving. A thought formed in your mind. You smiled as you took out your phone.

"Spot....what are you doing?" Jaemin asked.

You smiled at your brother and Chacha. You looked for the last text you had received and called the number. Looking across the street, you waited as the phone rang. Jay took out his phone and when he saw the caller ID he seemed to sit up a bit. He quickly picked up the phone.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Hey Jay," you replied.

"Hey Spot. What's up?"

"Nothing really. Actually I'm calling to cancel our date this weekend," you smiled.

Jaemin seemed to stifle laughter behind his hand as Chacha grinned. Across the street you noticed that Jay had slumped over a bit in his chair.

"Oh...Really? Well, what about next weekend...." He said.

You paused for a bit. Was it you or did his voice seem to falter a bit.

"Can't do that either."

There was an awkward silence before Jay spoke again.

"How about lunch sometime next week then?"

You were actually starting to feel a bit bad. Was he genuinely looking forward to...

"Here comes chica three," Chacha laughed.

Jay seemed to notice the fact too.

"Hey ________-ah. I'll talk with you a bit later about it ok? Something just came up."

You glared at him and gave a wicked smile.

"Don't worry about it. I actually changed my mind. I prefer not to go out with you. I'll be hanging up now," you smiled as you clicked the end call button.

You felt Jaemin pat you on the back.

"That was priceless," he laughed.

You laughed and looked across the street. The new girl seemed to look a bit confused as Jay looked down at his phone. It appeared as if he had just abruptly gotten up and left. You watched in mild confusion as he stormed off down the street. You huffed and smiled. You turned to Chacha and Jaemin.

"Thanks you guys," you smiled.

"No problem Spot," Chacha said as he finished up his drink.

Jaemin laughed and pulled you into a one armed hug.

"Aish! Oppa!" You laughed.


A few days had passed and you found yourself boxing the Jay bust. It had finally been glazed and fired, so now it was time  for it to go off to its rightful owner. Even after what had happened the other day, you had to finish the bust. After it had come out of the kiln, you couldn't help but to admire the piece of work. You even took a picture to add to your collection.

Jaemin had left the house earlier to go work and you had stayed behind to prepare the bust for shipping. After wrapping the bust up in newspaper, you had filled the box up with styrofoam peanuts. Placing the bust in gently, you finished filling the box and soon you had it taped up. Deciding not to get dressed, you simply took your apron off, leaving you in a blue tank top, clay covered skinny jeans and a pair of black sneakers. You grabbed the box and your car keys. You went out and placed the box in the passengers' seat. Then you remembered your wallet.

"Why me?" You muttered as you got out of the car and ran back inside.

Finding your wallet in your room, you made your way back to your car. Getting in the drivers' seat and putting your keys in, you found yourself muttering to yourself.

"They say the first sign of going crazy is talking to yourself," A voice said from the backseat.

You clung to the steering wheel and quickly looked back into the backseat. Jay was laying down on his back and staring at you with a smile.

"Yah! What are you doing here?!" You yelled.

He had obviously scared you senseless and now you were absolutely livid.

"Yah. I just came to see what you were up to seeing how you didn't want to go out with me. Seems to me like you're not all that busy. Let's go on a date," Jay smiled as he sat up and leaned close to you.

You groaned and banged your forehead onto the steering wheel. The car honked and Jay laughed. You slowly turned to Jay and sighed.

"I meant I don't want to go on any dates with you Jay."

"That's ok. It's just that...I really think we should be a couple," Jay winked.

You groaned again as your forehead met the steering wheel again.

"So where are we going?"

"We are not going anywhere Jay," You sighed.

"Come on now. Let's go on a date," Jay said as he buckled up.

Your forehead met the steering wheel multiple times. Wanting to get to the post office before it closed, you took Jay along with you. The entire time Jay kept insisting that the two of you should get together. After a while you felt like shooting the poor boy.

'He'll give up sooner or later,' You thought.

Unbeknownst to you.....Jay's persistence would follow you for years to come.