Modern Day David

You're Not Ready

Hey you guys! Thank you guys so much for positive feedback that you gave for the last chapter! I'm back with Chapter 2 of 'You're Not Ready' and lets say this is going to be a fun chapter :D So for those who don't know Art of Movement all that well, theres a video that introduces all the members as they show off a bit of their amazing skills. You can find that here (www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCdnHIFfiJ4). These guys are amazing and knowing how they work makes the story all the much better. Well hopefully I'll see you guys next chapter. Until next time, enjoy! :)

Art of Movement

 


Sketching the final touches onto your plan, you smiled. Holding up the sketchbook, you found Jay staring back at you. Deep dark eyes stared back at you playfully as his lush lips formed a small smirk. That was the same look whenever he saw you. You nervously bit your lip. You knew your client would love it, yet how would you get to making it without seeming like a creeper?

"Aish..." You sighed as you ripped out the sketch.

You made your way over to your work area and tacked the paper to your notification board. Sitting down, you wiggled your fingers. Today the doctor had removed the bandages and now you were free to go back to work. You unwrapped the clay you had been previously working with and placed it on your work board. Slightly moistening it with a spray bottle, you finished shaping it to a more humanly form. Deciding to add shoulders, you add more clay.

Recalling the day you returned, you used that as an aid to shaping his neck and shoulders. His wife beater had left little to the imagination and you saw he had a strong neck and strong broad shoulders. You were so lost in your memory you failed to notice someone come down the basement stairs.

"Ayo Spot!" Hep shouted in greeting.

You flinched and quickly looked up. Hep stopped where he was and looked at you strangely. You soon realized he wasn't looking at you....Following his gaze, you realized he was looking at your sketch.

"Is....Is that who I think it is?" Hep said as he scurried forward.

You squealed and stood up. You reached for your sketch, but Hep was already too close.

"This a statue? Hey. You trying to make a Jay statue?" He laughed.

"It's not what you think!!! Let me explain!"

"Dude! Jay is upstairs right now! I gotta tell him this!"

Hep made a dash for the stairs and you tried to catch him. He basically parkoured his way up the staircase.

"HEP!!!!"

He made it to the top and laughed at you as he ran into the hallway. Screaming in frustration, you chased after him. You saw him run to the kitchen. Hep reached the living room.

"Guess what you guys!!!"

You ran into the living room. Only a few members where there, but Jay was really there. He was sitting next to Junior, playing Call of Duty judging from the sound effects. Your brother was sitting on the other couch texting and Chacha was on his iPad.

"What is it now?" Chacha said without looking up.

Embarrassment burned on your face, but then it just clicked. Why get a sketch....When you could get the real thing?

"I went to go see what lil Spot was up to and she..."

You walked up to Jay and snatched the controller from him. He looked up at you surprised. Actually, everyone seemed a bit surprised. Everyone, but your brother.

"Oh no....." He groaned, "Spot....Spot don't do this."

"Yah!!! What is she going to do?!" Jay said a bit panicked.

You stared down at him with a strange look on your face and as a familiar feeling flowed through you. Reaching down, you grabbed Jay's wrists and pulled him to his feet. Jay was actually shocked by the suddenness and your strength.

"Take your jacket off," you stated.

"What?!"

"Spot!" Jaemin called.

"Don't question, do."

Jay looked at you a bit shocked. He slowly ped his jacket and took it off. He was once again wearing a wife beater underneath. You immediately grabbed the hem of his shirt and quickly pulled it over his head.

"BWOH!!!" Junior exclaimed as he stood up and moved away.

"___________!!!!!!!!!!!" Jaemin helped as he ran over you and Jay.

You looked at his face and then at his torso. Jay looked at you strangely and then around the room. You inspected his body and was amazed. This was perhaps one of the best bodies you had ever seen.

"Mother of pearls....You're a modern day David...Your body is perfect!" You said as you reached into your apron pocket and pulled out your glasses.

You rarely wore them, but used them to look at small details. You grabbed his tattooed arm and inspected it. Dropping his arm, you them placed both of your hands on his shoulders and gently felt them. Soon your hands gently roamed lower and towards his pectorals.

"BWOH!?" Jay said loudly as he jumped back.

He tumbled back and fell on the couch. You immediately jumped on him and smacked his hands away.

"I'm almost done! Just hold on!!" You growled.

"Spot!" Jaemin groaned as he made a face and covered his face in embarrassment.

Your hands immediately went back to his pectorals and down to his stomach. Your fingers grazed the toned and defined aspects of his abs and then gently grazed his sides. They soon returned to this shoulders and up his neck. You leaned in and took grasp of his chin. You felt him stiffen under you as you looked him straight in the eye. You turned his face to the left, then to the right.

Your fingers soon were gently tracing his facial features. They felt his nose and they fanned out to feel his cheekbones. You traced his closed eyelids and eyelashes. They eventually about down to his lips. You carefully outlined his lips before running your thumb over his bottom lip and then his upper lip. Sitting up, you smiled and wiped your hands.

"Thank you for your cooperation," You smiled as you hopped off of him and took off your glasses.

You patted Jaemin's shoulder as you made your way out of the living room and back to your studio.


"Dude.....What just happened?" Junior asked.

"Jay...I'm really sorry about that..." Jaemin said as he helped Jay sit up.

"Wha..." Jay started.

"She snapped. She does that when shes....fully 'inspired' you could say. She did it to me once. Not the same way she did you, she just did it to my hands and arms," Jaemin explained.

"Man thats crazy..." Chacha said.

"I think...I think this was my fault..." Hep said softly.

Jaemin looked at Hep.

"What did you do to her?"

"I went downstairs...And saw her sketch and...I mean I was just teasing her...I really wasn't going to tell you guys anything," Hep said.

"What did she have?" Junior asked.

"It was a drawing of Jay and it looked like she was making a statue...."

"Oh...The bust..." Jaemin sighed.

"Bust?" Jay repeated.

"Client wanted Spot to make her a bust of someone...Guess that someone is you Jay," Jaemin sighed.

"Why she go touching all up on him though?"

"She can make anything as long as she has felt it before. That's just how she works."

"So...This is normal?"

"As weird as this may sound...Yes," Jaemin laughed.

There was an awkward silence in the room as Jay put his clothing back on.

"So who wants to go out to eat?" Jay asked once he was fully clothed.

"You paying?"

"Sure."

A flurry of men soon rushed out the door and packed into Jaemin's hummer.

 


It took you a week, yet you had finally fired the bust. After taking it out of the kiln, you had placed it on glazing table. Taking out some sand paper, you smoothed down what you could. Soon a perfectly smooth Jay sat in front of you. Taking out your glazes, you prepared your brushes. Thats when you met your next challange....How were you going to get the skin the right color? Glazes were sometimes hard to predict yet you had practice. You were usually able to predict the exact color you were going for most of the time.

Grabbing a few of the smaller bottles of glaze, you placed them in a small basket and took one of your sample clay tablets. You kept your sample tablets for trying out glaze colors in order to ensure you got the color you wanted. You crept upstairs and looked around. No one was in sight. You gave frustrated sigh and then remembered what Jaemin had told you that morning.

"What?" You mumbled as Jaemin flopped onto your bed.

"We're gonna be at the studio all day today. We're going to be practicing some moves for Jay's upcoming video."

"Video? What for?"

"Aish you...Jays an artist. He's actually pretty famous in Korea and here you know."

"Never heard his music before...I stick with classics. Beethoven and Bach. Now those guys were y," You laughed as you rolled back to make yourself comfortable.

"Yah pabo," Jaemin laughed as he ruffled your hair and laughed.

You soon found yourself driving through town with your basket of glazes and tablets. You had rarely droven around town since your arrival back. You had spent all your time in the studio working and Jaemin had brought you everything you needed. A lot of the town had changed and you soon found yourself lost.

"I swear that resturant wasn't there a few years ago...."You muttered as you took another turn.

Getting frustrated, you pulled out your cell and called Jaemin. As the phone rang, you turned down the volume.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Yaaaah! Oppa! I've been trying to find the dance studio for the last half hour and now I'm lost!" You whined.

"Wow. Oppa? Calling me Jay was enough, but I do think oppa has a ring to it."

You froze and hadn't it been for the red light, you probably would have caused a wreck.

"EH?! Jay?! Why do you have my brother's phone?!"

There was laughter at the other end.

"Your brothers in the bathroom. Are you seriously lost?"

"Yes! I don't know where I'm at."

"Describe where you are to me then."

You decided to pull over and parked yourself at a gas station.

"I just pulled into a Chevron across from a Piggly Wiggly," you sighed.

"A what?" Jay laughed.

"A Piggly Wiggly.....You know....The grocery store.....You don't know where I am either do you!?"
"I was just messing with you. Take a right at the corner and drive until you see a Jiffy Lube. Once you get there take a left at the next corner. When you turn, you'll see the dance studio just a minutes drive on the right."
"Ah ok. Tha-"
"Yah!! Is that my phone Jay?" A voice said in the background.
"Spot called."
"Aish, gimme that. Spot are you ok?"
"Yeah. I just called cause I was lost, but Jay just told me how to get to the studio," you said as you pulled out of the gas station and turned at the corner.
"You're coming to the studio? Can you pick up some food on the way here?"
"Sure. How many people are there?"
"Just about the whole crew," Jaemin laughed nervously.
"Bwoh! That's going to go kill my pocketbook," You laughed as you spotted the Jiffy Lube ahead, "I'll see you in bit ok oppa?"
"Alright. Bye."

"Bye!" You smiled as you pulled into the Pizza Hut next to the Jiffy Lube. 


"SPOT," the crew called when they saw you walk into the studio hands full of pizza boxes and drinks.

Some of the members ran over and helped empty your hands until you were left your canvas tote bag that carried your  basket. You walked over to where everyone had gathered and sat down at the small table nearby. Placing your bag on the table, you looked around the studio. It was large and spacious. The floor was a nice light brown flooring and all the walls had mirrors with the exception of the one that had the entrance. There was a door to your far right that you guessed was either you guessed was either just the bathroom or perhaps another room. 
 
Looking back over to the crew, you saw them digging in already. They had found the boxes of chicken wings in one of the plastic bags and were already fighting over them. Gil looked over at you and waved you over.
 
"Sorry. I'm actually here on business," you said as you pulled out your basket.
"Why are you all dressed up?" Chacha asked.
"Basically my first time out of the house since I got here. Decided to celebrate coming out of my hermit cave," you laughed as you tucked some hair behind your ear.
You had changed out of your casual working clothes into some of your better clothing. Yet you would'nt call it dressed up. It was more a of casual.You wore a white tshirt with a black tank underneath, some demin shorts, boots and a warm jacket on top.
"So what's up Spot?" Dial Tone asked.
"Nothing much," you sighed as you took out your tablets and layed them out on the table.
"What about that project you were working on for that client?"
"It's just about done. Just need to glaze it. Usually I don't do that with busts, but I think this might come out pretty well."
You pulled out a few of your glazes and a palate. Taking a few brushes out you opened the glazes and began sampling on the palate. Mixing and matching a few colors you soon found what you thought might be the right shade. Looking up, your gaze went over to the crew and spotted who you were looking for. Jay was actually looking straight at you as he took drinks of his soda. You smiled and took the chance to wave him over. The moment you did that, he slightly choked on his drink and quickly wiped his chin. He placed down his drink and made his way over to you.
"You need something?" He asked as he slipped into the chair beside you.
"Actually yes," You said as you grabbed his hand.
Placing it on the table palm down, you took your brush and dipped it into the glaze you had prepared. You painted a thin line on the back of his hand and then grabbed his wrist. Lifting his hand into the air, you turn it to catch better lighting.
"I don't really think thats my color..." Jay laughed.
"I think this one could be a possibility..." You said as you placed his hand back down.
Taking another brush, you tried the next sample. You repeated the same process two more times before you were satisfied. Then thats when you took out the smaller glaze bottles.
"Pink?" I don't think I'm naturally pink," Jay said as he watched you.
"Pink. Lips are pink aren't they?" You laughed as you looked at him.
You changed your mind tried out another pink on the back of his hand. Looking from his mouth to his hand, you tried to predict if the color would be just right.
"Yours aren't," He said.
You looked up at him and laughed.
"There are exceptions," You laughed as you mixed a lighter pink with a darker pink.
"I guess there are. So um...Hey _________-ah. I was just wondering, but...are you seeing anyone right now?" Jay asked.
You looked up from your glazes and looked at him strangely. Satisfied with the mix of the two pinks, you put the sample on a tablet.
"What if I said I was?"
"What if I said I knew you weren't?" Jay smiled.
You laughed and put all of the other glaze sampled onto other tablets. When you got home, you were going to fire the glazed tablets in order to see if you had gotten the color you wanted. You weren't going to risk ruining the bust.
"What makes you so sure that I'm not," You said as you looked back at him.
He smiled and leaned in a bit.
"You never leave the house, you stay down in your studio almost 24/7, you never talk on the phone with anyone apart from your brother, you never have anyone over, you don't even use any kind of social networking, you-"
"Yah!! I get it, I get it!" You said as you waved your hands in his face to stop.
He leaned back and smirked at you.
"So I take that as a no. You aren't seeing anyone," he said.
You placed your glazed back into the basket and then you looked at him.
"Seeing how you asked. No. I am not seeing anyone," You sighed.
"Have you dated anyone before?"
"Goodness sake. I'm twenty-two!" You laughed as you handed him a towel to wipe the glaze off with.
He took it and made a face.
"That doesn't mean anything. How were those guys like?" He asked.
"Why are you so nosy all of a sudden?"
Jay just looked at you as he smiled and wiped his hand clean. When he didn't respond you sighed.
"Never lasted long. They were too immature."
Jay leaned back in his chair and seemed to be in thought for a while. Then he leaned in closer to you.
"Hey Spot...Are you busy this weekend?"
"What?"
"Are you busy this weekend?"
You looked at him and gave him a strange look.
"Why?"
Jay looked away as if a bit embarrassed and then looked back at you.
"I just wanted to know if I could take you out for a bit you know," He smiled.
"Take me out?"
"Yeah...You know...Like on a date?"
You felt baffled. Was Jay really asking you on a date? You were thoroughly surprised. You would have never expected him to ask you that. You looked at him with a questioning look and wondered what he was up to. He was a nice guy if you disregarded how he treated you when you first met. Him actually wanting to date you after you had confronted him like that was a shock. You had threatened him and then basically ually molested him a week ago.
"Jay. What is this?"
Jay looked at you and smiled as he looked down at his hand. He wiped his hand a bit more even though it was clean.
"I just want to get to know you better. You're a really nice girl...And I'm...Pretty interested in you," He said a bit nervously.
You laughed a bit and smiled.
"Ok then," You said as you finished packing the rest of your things back into your bag.
"Bwoh?!" Jay said as he looked up at you.
"Hm?"
"Did you just say yes?"
"Yup. I just did."
Jay was quick to hand you his phone and you put in your number. He took it back smiling and saved your number. You both stood up.
"Spot you heading back now?" Jaemin said from across the studio.
You grabbed your bag and walked over to your brother.
"Yup. I have a few things to fire. You need anything else?"
"Just pick up some groceries from the store."
"Alrighty then," You said as you put your palm out.
"Whats this?"
You gave him the look and from your palm to him.
"You guys just ate away all of the money I had on me at the moment. Cough up."
Jaemin sighed and pulled out his wallet.
"Could have just passed by an ATM..." He muttered as he placed a fifty in your palm.
"Thanks," You smiled as you headed out the door.
"See ya Spot!" The crew shouted as you waved goodbye.
You smiled as you looked at them one more time. Jay stood in the back staring at you smiling. You smiled and he sent you a wink before laughing and walking over to the stereo. You laughed and waved goodbye to Jaemin before shutting the door.
Just for those who don't know what busts really are like...