Spread My Wings

Be My Angel

Jia's POV

I don't think anyone can really know how much I hate it here. I know people think that angels are pure and loving and forgiving and perfect, but we aren't. I mean, our souls are pure, and nothing can tarnish then except Falling. And to be Fallen... you have to be pretty bad, let me tell you. But, yeah, we angels are very emotional beings. Probably more than humans, in a way. We feel emotions deep into our souls, where they resonate within us for a very long time. And, yes, while some of us may indeed be perfect, many of us aren't. We just try to get on with our lives and do the jobs we are assigned by the Council. But, anyway, so you know when I say that I hate it here... I really hate it here. 

I slumped down in my chair, trying to study the boys inconspicuously. It was my third day here at hell school, as I like to call it, and I'd already made enemies. The Park sisters, as they are known around school, are Top and Jiyong's girlfriends. You can tell by the way they practically their men in the hallways. It's pretty disgusting.

Well, anyway, they were sitting together across the way from me, shooting me glares. The one called Bom was very pretty, although she lacked the spark of intelligence Dara had in her eyes. Dara was the ring leader of the school, she was head cheerleader, she was head of the prom committee, school president. And Bom was always at her side. I could see how they'd snagged my boys.

Anyways, enough about the girls. I already knew a lot about the boys. Angels are very good at reading people, we can see peoples Auras. Auras help angels because they can show us the emotions a person is feeling and they also give us a reading on the soul. But even without help, I could tell what kind of people my boys were. Jiyong, or as most of the school called him 'GD', was the popular guy. Girls loved him, guys wanted to be him. He was kind to everyone. Top was also one of the most popular guys in school. Although, he was almost opposite of Jiyong. Whereas Jiyong was kind to everyone, Top was kind of a to people. He was wickedly funny, and sharp witted. 

Jiyong and Top were like Yin and Yang. Together, they were perfect, but separately, they would not have much of an impact on anyone.

--------------------

TOP's POV

I could feel her eyes on me. It's like they could stare straight into my soul. It unnerved me a bit, but I almost liked it. Bom was hot, but she couldn't hold a decent conversation that didn't involve fashion or cheerleading. I needed someone new. Nobody knew anything about Jia except her name and that she was supposedly loaded and living in the mansion that'd been on the market for years. 

I got up out of my chair and moved to the empty seat next to her before the teacher noticed. Not that he would do anything, my father paid for half of this school to be built, but still. Jiyong, Dara, and Bom were all looking at me with shock plastered all over their faces. Bom looked like she was about to cry, Dara was turning red from rage, and Jiyong just looked plain shocked. I turned to look at Jia, and she had a small smirk on .

"So, why were you staring at me?" I asked. She looked at me, she almost seemed surprised I'd even dared to talk to her.

"This is a free country, is it not? Can I not look at whoever I want?" I liked the way the words floated off her tongue. 

"Staring is creepy here in this free country," I said. 

"Hmm. Well, I enjoy being creepy, I suppose."  I grinned at that. "I like you being creepy, too." She smiled back at me, and I thought my heart might actually stop inside my chest. God, she was beautiful.

"Do you want to go out for pizza tonight?" I was surprised at my own abruptness, but I didn't apologize for it.

She smiled slightly, but then her eyes slipped over to were my friends were sitting. "I doubt your girlfriend would be very pleased with that," she said softly. She seemed to regret saying anything about Bom, like she wanted to go with me to go get pizza.

"Eh, Bom will deal with it. She won't be broken up about it for very long, it's just pizza. You're new, you need to be shown around," I replied, not even looking behind me. 

"I don't think I can do it," Jia said. The look that crossed her face was sadness, but it quickly passed, and she glanced at me as it to see if I'd seen the look.

"Why not?" I didn't know what was wrong with me. I generally don't push to go out with someone, girls always ask me out.

"I was brought up to behave like an angel." She smiled at some private joke. I frowned. "Well, if you ever find yourself in the mall, go to Giovanni's. They have the best pizza in the whole city. Who knows? We might even bump into each other."

She nodded, and smiled at me, causing my heart to jump again. Who is this girl? What is it about her that makes me feel like I've known her my whole life?