First Glance

Be My Angel

'Ugh'  I thought as I stepped onto the high school grounds. 'Why am I here again? Oh. That's right. Those stupid boys I've been assigned to watch over. I hate guardian duty!'  

--------------------

Oh, maybe I should start from the beginning. My name is Jia. I'm an angel. Yes, a literal angel, as in God, Heaven, Hell, Satan. All that good stuff. See, I've been assigned by my... superiors, you'd call them, to protect these two high school students, Choi Seunghyun and Kwon Jiyong. They're going to be really important in the future, or so I'm told. They really didn't tell me anything. They came up to me, told me I was assigned to them, and dropped me in the middle of a mansion, that is now mine to live in for the duration of my assignment. It's not my first guardian assignment, but let me tell you... they aren't fun. Not at all.

--------------------

I stalk into the main office of the school, where a plump older woman sits behind the desk. I hate high school already. 

"Oh!" she exclaims when she sees me. "You must be Jia Meng?" I nod. She ruffles some papers on her desk before handing me a paper with my schedule on it and another with my locker number and combination on it. "This paper is very important, dear. You have to get a signature from all of your teachers, and then bring it back to me." I nod again.

"I like your hair, sweetie!" she calls as I leave the room. My hand unconsciously moves to my hair, which I had made bright pink. I figured, if I had to go to high school, why not stand out?

As I meandered down the halls, I was stopped abruptly by a loud commotion. I could see through the crowd that a large boy with dark hair had his arm hooked around a smaller boy's neck, the smaller boy had hair that was blonde, and messed into a fauxhawk. The bigger of the two was laughing as the smaller one tried to free himself from the grasp. 

"Come on dude! Tell me, did you sleep with her?" the bigger one said loudly. 

"Because I'm a gentleman, Top, I'm not going to tell you!" the smaller one said, as he slipped out of the bigger one, Top's, grasp. Top scoffed.

"Right, Jiyong. You're a real gentleman."

The smaller one, Jiyong, looked up, and stopped abruptly. We made eye contact. His mouth went slack as he stared at me. I didn't know how to react, because everyone that had been around was now staring at me, including the big guy, Top. So, I cocked an eyebrow, smirked, and walked through their group to continue down to my locker.

'So that's Jiyong... that Top guy must be Seunghyun... Great, I got a couple pieces of work.'

--------------------

Jiyong's POV

"Who was that girl?" Top asked.

"I don't know... she must be new..." I managed to choke out. She was beautiful. When I saw her, it was like I literally couldn't tear my eyes away from her.

Her eyes had sparkled with intelligence and mischief, her bright pink hair was eye-catching, her perfect skin. But that wasn't what kept my eyes glued to her. She seemed to radiate light, or the light seemed to bend to glow around her. It was as if she was completely pure, and she glowed from within.

Just then, Dara and Bom came up to us. They always manage to appear right when they were least wanted. Dara came up and pecked my lips, while Bom did the same to Top. 

"Hey, baby. What's up?" Dara asked.

"Nothing," I replied quickly. She studied me for a moment, as if sensing something was wrong, but then shook it off, and grabbed my hand.

"So," Bom said, "have you two seen that new girl? I don't like her. She seems like a ." Dara nodded in agreement, while it took all the self-control I had not to come up with something horrible about the two of them.

"And what's up with her hair? Bright pink? Who does that?" Dara snorted. Bom ran a hand through her bright red hair, and nodded. "That's my thing," she said.

The four of us walked to class together. We were all in first period biology. As we walked in, I noticed a bright pink head in the back corner of the room. So did the girls. They glared at her, as the four of us moved to the other side of the classroom.

I think the new girl could tell the Dara and Bom were shooting her death glares, because she looked over and saw them, and winked. Dara and Bom both gasped, and the began whispering to each other.

This was gonna be a long year.