Chapter 1

Her Choice (그녀의 선택) [HIATUS]

WHAT??? WHAT DID YOU SAY??? ARE YOU CRAZY??

 

A woman with long dark brown hair screamed as she threw anything in her reach at a young light brown haired girl standing at he bottom of the steps to the basement.

 

Jessica(as she just ducked a dictionary): but...but..m..ouch(as she gets hit by her little sister's long lost Barbie doll)...mom...!

 

Mrs.Jung:WHO ARE YOU CALLING YOUR MOM??? I NEVER HAD YOU AS MY CHILD! IF ONLY YOUR DAD HADN'T CHEATED ON ME WITH THAT LAME EXCUSE OF A WOMAN, I WOULD'VE NEVER SEEN YOU IN MY LIFE!! YOU SHOULD BE GREATFUL THAT I DIDN'T KICK YOU OUT ONCE YOUR DAD DIED! YOU IMPOSTER!! BUT WHAT? YOU WANT TO BE A FILTHY SINGER?!? AN IDOL TOO??

 

A tall brunette girl walked up beside the woman with a black haired girl following her, and sniggered.

 

Krystal: woah..we're gonna have a singer in our "family" yeah I wish...you, filthy child, can never be a singer... let alone an idol.

 

The smaller girl laughed out loud and "whispered" to Mrs.Jung.

 

Min: Mommy, I think it's because of her first love....the "to-be singer". I think she influenced her..by telling her that she's TALENTED in singing...LOL

 

Jessica: no...n...no....she's not the problem...I...I.s..swear!

 

Min: shut up. everyone knows that your first love is now in SME. And you, YOU auditioned there! As if you ever had the right to even be near NEAR her.

 

Min ran out crying and Jessica stood there looking stunned because in fact she didn't know. She had no idea. After saying good-bye 3 years ago, she had no idea where her first love was. Now her mind became messed up....what should she do...should she just go to SME as planned? Or should she just give up because she didn't have the nerves to meet her again? So many thoughts ran through her head that it started to hurt.

 

Mrs.Jung(as she looks at Min running away): you know what? Fine.

 

Jessica(stunned): Really?? M...mom???

 

Mrs.Jung: yes. But(pointing at the front door) get out of my house. I never want to see you again...you...you thankless kid!! And never. Ever. Pretend to know me. You and I....no.....you and MY family, are now strangers. You got that?

 

Jessica: ......

 

The three figures glared down upon Jessica with merciless eyes. While Jessica's eyes fill with tears that are about to overflow any second...because it hurt...even though they never treated her as a family, she always thought of them as one...

 

Then Jessica started to think of the memories she have of her "family". Somewhere she was never welcomed...even when her dad was alive..whenever her dad went out to work, she was the maid. But she was the "princess" whenever her dad was around so her dad never believed her story of being abused. He merely thought she had done something wrong and was punished by it...even until the day he died of throat cancer when Jessica was 8. After her father's death, she had to stop going to school because she had to clean and cook for the ladies of the house. And not to mention her endless beatings.

 

 

 

 

 

flashback*(when Jessica is 6, Krystal is 12, Min is 5)

 

Krystal: Get out of my sight! You worthless SCUMBAG!

 

Mrs.Jung(as she walks into Krystal's room with Min holding her hand): Now what did you do to MY daughter?

 

Min: yeah..aaaaa....you meanyyyy SCUMBAG! hehehehehhe

 

Jessica: I...

 

Krystal(as she holds up her scrunched dress): SHE FORGOT TO IRON IT! AND I HAVE A DATE!

 

Mrs.Jung(giving Jessica her cold gaze and slapping her on the arm): out. now.

 

The sound of a door opening.

 

Dad: Princess!!! Daddy's home!!!

 

Jessica(as she runs down the stairs, happy to be abe to escape from any abuse for a few minutes): DADDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

 

Dad(as he holds up a package): Happy Birthday!!

 

He hands her a small pendant with the mark 'J' initialled in it and a big beautifully wrapped box.

 

Jessica(as she takes it): Thank you daddy!! What's in the box daddy?

 

Dad: A dress, sweety!!

 

Jessica opened it and saw that it was the prettiest dress she had ever seen. It was a pink and white dress with laces on it.

 

Dad(as he walks up the stairs to his bedroom): But! it is for when you're your big sister's age! when you are old enough to have a date!

 

Krystal(who came down with Jessica and was now standing so close to Jessica that was right beside Jessica's ear): I need that and you better give it to me before you ruin my date.

 

Jessica (scared): Here sister...I'll....I'll...LEND it to you....

 

Krystal (faking a beautiful smile): Thank you sweety.

 

Mrs.Jung(as she walks down from Krystal's room and into the kitchen) : How...sweet. Dinner's ready!

 

flash back end*

 

 

 

 

 

Of course she never got her dress back because after Krystal grew out of it, she passed it down to Min. And from then on Jessica grew a strong negectance towards the colors pin and white because even though it brought to her the memories of her dad, it also brought to her the memories of being so mistreated. But Jessica still had her J pendant because it was the only present from her dad the family members didn't take from her due to it being so ugly and kept in on her all the time . She thought harder as she wrapped her fingers tightly around her pendant in her pants pocket.

 

Jessica (thinking): I am now 15 and I am already sure that I can no longer live such a life. Imagine 10 years later...if I don't take this opportunity, will I regret it?

 

Mrs.Jung(impatient): okay? 

 

She made up her mind.

 

Jessica(as she wipes her tears off her cheeks):.....ok. Bye. Mrs.Jung....and Ms.Jungs.

 

Then the abused girl walked out, for the first time by the front doors ever since her father passed away, and boarded her to-be manager's car.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for reading <3

From next week, the story will continue as the characters' POV!

 

 

Special thanks for TaengNY,charles12,loverainyoong, and puddingjelly for upvoting my story!!!! :D