.

Dysfunctional Relationship

When Jessica woke up it was already past dinner time. She realized her family had come home while she was sleeping since Krystal was now asleep in her room. Jessica could hear the TV so she guessed her mother was in the living room. Jessica stretched her body out and yawned, sleeping had only made her even more tired. She walked over to her window and opened it. The air that hit her was rather cold compared to the warm air inside. She still enjoyed it and jumped up and threw her legs outside. She was a little scared of heights so she felt the hair on her neck stand up as she did so.

It was a clear evening and there were many stars shining bright and Jessica felt hypnotized by them. She manages to shift her attention to her surroundings instead and watches as a couple walks down her street, if they looked up they would probably freak out at the sight of her sitting in her window. The boy is handsome and the girl is really cute, they cuddle up and laughs quietly as they walk.

- Like a freaking movie. Jessica rolled her eyes to herself.

- Haha, that's exactly what I was thinking ! A voice laughs from before her.

Jessica almost fell out of the window out of fright.

- Jeez, where did you come from ?! Jessica tries to calm her heartbeat.

- I was just going to open the window.

Jessica gives the other girl an evil look.

- Did I scare you ? The other girl smirks.

- Ofcourse you did, Yuri !

- Good. Yuri leans out over her window resting her head in her hands.

- It seems to have become an habit of mine already. Yuri watches Jessica closely.

- We'll see about that yah ! Jessica pulls her tounge childishly at Yuri.

- It's really annoying !

- Hahaha. Yuri laughs calmly without taking her eyes off Jessica.

- What the heck are you doing anyway ? Were you going to jump ?

Jessica's eyes widen. Jump ? Did it look like she was going to jump ?

- Ofcourse not ! Jessica pulls herself back inside again.

- Sorry, sorry, just asking, it's not very far anyway. Yuri looks down at the ground.

Jessica stares with disbelief at the other girl. Is she crazy ?

- It's not that far between our houses either you know, I bet one could totally jump over here.

Jessica's jaw fall to the ground. It must be at least 4 metres between them, there is no way a normal person could jump over that just like that !

- You're insane ! Jessica points at Yuri.

- If you want to end up in the bushes or on the car then yes maybe but you can't seriously believe one would actually make it all the way over ?!

Jessica looks down at the ground too, yes if she leaped from here she would either fall down on her mother's car or land in Yuri's thorny rose bushes. Worst case scenario she would hit the wall of Yuri's house...it was not tempting at all.

- I should try. Yuri seems to be measuring the space between them.

- Are you really out of your mind ?! Jessica holds her cheeks in her hands and stares out at the other girl.

Yuri looks in to the room and turns back with a frustrated look on her face.

- I have to go, see you. Yuri give Jessica one last look before she closes the window and dissapears into her house.

Jessica remain still in her previous position.

- Bye...

Yuri had gone just as quickly as last time. Jessica shakes her head and walk over to her desk and reaches for her computer. She opens it up and goes online opening every site she is usually on. She is not really focused and after checking soicial updates at every site she yawns and turn the computer off again. She hears steps outside her door and looks over there. Krystal peeks in between the not fully closed door and the wall.

- Oh hi, I was just checking if you were asleep or not. Krystal smiles at her.

Jessica smiles back.

- What are you doing ? 

- Oh nothing really, I was just going to sleep. How are you by the way ?

- Ok, I'm ok.

- Good. Jessica smiles even wider.

- Well I'm going to sleep again too so good night sis ! Krystal waves cheerfully.

- Goodnight.

Jessica watches Krystal walking away before she undresses and put her pyjamas on. Her eyes linger at her arm for a few seconds before she pulls the sleeve down and lay down in bed. The room seem to have more oxygen now than berfore and Jessica feels sleepy the minute she put her head to her pillow. She is glad that Krystal is feeling ok and a little touched at the scene just now. She couldn't remember last time they had said goodnight to each other. She wondered why her little sister had decided to come in to her today ? It felt special but Jessica couldn't really find a good reason. Maybe she just wanted to be polite and nice ? Jessica fell asleep before she could figure it out.