.

Dysfunctional Relationship

Jessica sat on Yuri's bed while Yuri crawled aroud on the floor looking for her computer. When she finally found it she suggested they should watch a scary movie. Jessica had no idea why she agreed to it but she did. She were in a black room with a weird person and now they were going to watch something scary. It didn't seem like a good idea no matter how much Jessica thought about. At least Yuri didn't seem like the type who would get scared from scary movies so at least one of them would be calm. So they started watching the move and just as expected Yuri wasn't scared and Jessica was scared half to death. Yuri laughed quietly upon seeing Jessica's frightend expression and Jessica felt an arm around her. She quickly leaned in to Yuri, feeling a little less scared. She immedietly felt embarassed but didn't want to make it awkward so she stayed in place. When the movie was over Jessica let out a sigh of relief. She turned up to look at Yuri who apparently had fallen asleep. Jessica was about to wake her up when she heard a suffocated cry from outside. Jessica tensed and slowly slid off the bed and snuck up to the door. She prayed to god she wasn't going to get killed by the zombies in the film. After a while she realized it was someone crying and when she cautiously opend the door she saw Yoona. She was comforting someone, Jessica guessed it was Seohyun. She felt uncomfortable so she closed the door again. Knowing now some of the difficulties Yuri was going through with family she felt a bond between them. It didn't seem like a coincidence that they had come to know each other.

Jessica put away the computer and turned it off. She pulled the covers over the sleeping Yuri and just as she was about to leave she felt a light grip around her wrist. Jessica looked down at Yuri. Her eyes were childlike somehow and she seemed...worried, sad or maybe begging ? Jessica smiled down at her.

- Please stay. Yuri's voice was low and higher than usual.

- Sure. Jessica layed down beside Yuri.

Yuri didn't let go of her wrist still and their faces were only inches away from each other and normally Jessica wouldn't know how to deal with this kind of contact but somehow she did this time. Still sobs could be heard from down stairs, it was familiar to Jessica and apparently to Yuri too. Jessica could feel her own sorrowful eyes being reflected in Yuri's. She slowly lifted a hand and landed it just barely on Yuri's cheek and slowly down. Jessica felt as if she was smiling but she wasn't sure. She wasn't used to feeling this...good. Yuri's hand moved up and lay on top of Jessica and the movement repeated. The main door shut closed and a second crying session started in the night. The sobs became almost not audible as the kitchen door was quietly closed. A single tear fell from Yuri's eye and got away by Jessica's still moving hand. Then Jessica closed her eyes and moved her face just an inch forward and felt a warmth. A soft warmth of skin contact. She Yuri's cheek once again. She pressed a little harder and felt Yuri's lips part between hers. The salty taste of a tear went well with the fire her heart was sending through her body. She didn't know who was crying and frankly in this moment she didn't care. Yuri's lips were like cotton candy and Jessica never wanted to part from them again. She felt Yuri's almost trembling arm carefully caress around her waist to rest on her back. She felt Yuri slowly relax and her arm fit perfectly in the curve of Jessica's waist.

Then a loud bang broke the silence as well as the magic. Yuri winced and their lips were disconnected. Jessica's heart started beating again as she opened her eyes. They both froze and held their breath as fast feet ran up the stairs and a door was slammed. Slow light steps followed and another door was quietly closed. Jessica got up and felt Yuri's arm slide of her. She opend the door and turned around to look Yuri in the eyes.

- Good night. She mouthed and in the dark she wasn't able to read Yuri's expression.

Jessica closed the door behind her and quietly walked down the stairs and through the hallway. She opened the front door and walked out and closed it behind her. She leaned down against it and took a deep breath of the fresh night air. Her mind was completely blank. She slowly got up and walked over to her own house and entered it quietly. It was silent and dark, everyone must be asleep. She walked up to her room and sat down on her bed. She stared out her window. She wondered how Yuri was feeling now, was she too at peace ? Jessica found it extremely odd that she wasn't anxious, this was so out of her personality. She wondered if every night was like that for Yuri. She felt sorry for Yoona and Seohyun as well, the kind of reality they had now. It was nothing like their life must've been like before. She didn't feel sad now, or anything. She didn't feel anything right now. Just here. She felt here. That made no sense, you can't feel a place. Jessica knew that but her brain didn't find any words for her feelings tonight. Good. Thoughts wasn't bothering her at least. Jessica layed down. She rolled over and hugged her pillow tight, she quickly fell asleep.

The next day she woke up early, she was the only one awake. She undressed and stepped in to the shower. She stood there for a long time and just watched the water fall to the ground. Her scars were an ugly reddish color in the mornings. She sighed. She sighed, if there were anything she wished she could regret it was this. Then she remembered last night, that was what she really wanted to take back. How had she acted so foolish, what kind of person just kissed someone like that. Jessica blushed just from thinking about it. She was an idiot normally but now she was an idiot who took advantage of other people too. Jessica shook her head in frustration and stepped out of the shower. The whole time she got ready until she walked out the front door all she thought about was Yuri. She bit her nails as she walked slowly through town, the sun was suffocatingly hot but she still wore a black long sleeved shirt and a black hat with her leopard skirt and black converse. She wasn't in the mood for summer colors, she hardl ever was though. Jessica bought an icecream in a store and sat in a park next to a river while eating. She sat in the shadow of some trees and stared out at the rest of the world in the sun. Kids running around and mothers chasing them. It made her bitter somehow. Jessica's depressive trance was broken as someone sat down beside her.

- Hello there. A low but cheerful voice said.

- Oh, hi. Jessica turned to face the person, it was Seohyun.

- I didn't know you used to come here. I go here all the time, it's peacful, isn't it ? Seohyun shone like sunshine.

- Not really... Jessica said and turned away from the other girl.

- Oh you don't think so...well how are you feeling ? Everything alright ? Seohyun asked.

- Like crap, like ing . You ? Jessica didn't hold back.

- Oh...er, I'm fine... Seohyun seemed at a loss for words.

- Hmpf, as if. Jessica snorted.

- What ? Seohyun was confused.

- Nothing. Jessica simply said.

They chatted for a while longer about useless things like apples and the weather and Jessica felt almost robotic. When Seohyun finally left Jessica could not remember a single meaningful thing they had said. She walked down to the water and stuck her hands in, it was nice and cold. She sighed and stared at her reflection, it had no expression at all, it was completely blank. Jessica thought it suited her better than her normal nervous-wreck-look. She should try to keep it up. Jessica stared in to the water for a while and then her phone rang. It was her mother and she would've preferred not to answer it but she knew that would only make things worse. She answered and her mother told her to go grocery shopping since she had had to take Krystal to the hospital. Krystal apparently seemed worse and black hole grew in Jessica's stomach as she walke-d through the grocery store. Her mother had also told her that tomorrow they were going to a psychologist to check Jessica's condition. That made Jessica tremble with fear and she thought she was going to faint as she walked through the store. Wrong, everything was wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. She wanted to die, she didn't want this, not this life, not herself. She didn't want any of this, not a single thing. She needed a reset button. She wanted to start her life over and be the perfect girl she had to be to survive. Everything was just so wrong and she didn't know how to deal with it. Jessica dropped her groceries and ran in to the toilet of the store and tried to take deep breaths. Her life was falling apart. She pulled out her blade and...then there was white. Everywhere, just white. Drip drop. Tick tack.

Jessica washed herself of and wrapped a thick layer of paper arounf her arm. She took a deep breath and smiled. Smiled at the mirror and stood there staring at her own smile for some time. Time, she lost it. Time was unclear, what time was it ? She didn't have a watch. Jessica unlocked the bathroom door still smiling and ran out of the shop, everyone stared at her. The whole world stopped and stared at her it seeme. Damn it. She hated this, she hated the world. Why did they have to stare ?! Jessica kept running for some time, then her phone buzzed. She picked it up, a text, two missed calls. Tiffany asked where she was, she had tried to call becuase Jessica's mother had called her house. She had tried to call Jessica too. What time was it again ? It was half past seven. Time ran fast when it was white, Jessica should've known. Silly her.

- Yah pretty girl ! Want  to take a smoke with me ? A guy called her from across the street.

Jessica ignored him, he wasn't really scary but she was always creeped out by strangers calling her. Who knew, maybe he was an axe murderer ?

- Hey barbie girl, why don't you come to me ? The guy walked over to her.

Jessica sighed and walked as fast as she could but the guy still closed up on her. Jessica realized he was about her age, a few years older maybe, she had actually seen him before somewhere. Maybe he went to her school ? She couldn't remember for sure.

- Come on, have one little smoke with a guy who has just been dumped. The guy said and stumbled a bit, he seemed drunk.

- Fine, give me one. Jessica gave in.

- Yaaaay. The drunk boy made a victory dance and fell down on to the pavement.

- Yah be careful, you'll get hurt. Jessica said as the guy handed her a cigarette and nearly set fire to his hand.

- It's because she left, now I, it's just bad luck, demon witch ...in July, hahahaha. They boy blabbered on.

Jessica laughed amused by her smoking companion. He went on and on about how miserable he was after his girlfriend dumped him. Jessica sat down by his side and listened. He made no sense. One second he was going on about what a his ex was for dumping him because there were hotter guys and Jessica agreed, she seemed like a real . The nect second though he was crying over how much he loved her and how sweet and wonderful she was. Jessica couldn't understand, the was obviously stupid and shallow. This guy seemed like he deserved better, plus Jessica found it hard to believe there were many better looking guys out there, this guy was totally cute ! Then he suddenly asked her what her love status was and Jessica thought about it for a while.

- Come oooooooonnnnnn, pretty girl must like someone yah, love trouble ! The guy pushed her jokingly.

- Well...I kissed a girl the other day. Jessica confessed.

- Whaaaaaaaat ?! A lie !? Really ?! The guy shouted.

- Nope, the truth. Jessica laughed.

- But Barbie you could have any guy ! The boy shook her.

- No I really couldn't, for real and my name is Jessica ! She punched the boy lightly.

- Barbie you could have me, let's date ! He shouted.

- Yah back off idiot. She punched him again.

The boy calmed down and seemed to be lost in thought, Jessica rolled her eyes. Conversing with drunk people was close to impossible, especially if the guy was an idiot to begin with... Jessica sighed and got up. She brushed of her skirt and picked up her phone, it was quite late. Her mother would not be pleased with her coming home this late and smelling like a cigarette factory. Maybe she should go over to Tiffany and ask for a change of clothes, at least then she would show her that she does have a somewhat interesting life. Jessica quickly changed her mind, she hadn't been off that well with Tiffany lately. She sighed, stupid gets what stupid deserves. In this case that happend to be the wrath of a mother.

- I will go now, you get on home too, right ? She patted the boy's shoulder.

The boy moaned something about the world being cruel and that Jessica should come over to his place now. Jessica sighed and rejected his offer before she walked off, she heard the boy starting to walk the opposite way. Jessica looked up at the stars and sighed. She was bleeding through her clothes and she was starting to build up her nervous self again. She really really didn't want to go home...