Shining Boys and Fishy Scents.

Time is Ticking

He shifted awkwardly in his seat and the boy across from him seemed to be... shining. Literally. His whole body was glowing with a strange light that would seem beatiful if it maybe wasn't emitting from the person. The boy had a small face and wore thick eyeliner over his eyes, causing them to appear bigger. He smiled at Tao and picked up the tea cup, sipping very quietly and then placing the porcelain back down. The silence was eating away at Tao and the boy just continued to grin at him, it was near impossible to read his mind. Tao cleared his throat slightly and then the boy giggled.

"You've... changed," He finally spoke and titled his head a little, "I don't know how, but... You're different."

Tao found this strange and didn't respond. Instead he continued to study the strange boy in front of him. Wondering if he himself noticed the beautiful light emitting from his body. The boy took notice of this and had a confused look on his face.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

The raven haired teen wondered if the boy in front of him was unaware of the fact that he was shining. Maybe it was just Tao's eyes? Perhaps they had gone bad, because humans do not glow like this. Unless this stranger was not human?

"Baby, what's wrong?" He cooed and placed his hand on Tao's.

Tao suddenly became very stiff. The hand touching his was... blank. There was no heat coming from it. It wasn't cold either. It was just there. In fact, if he really thought about it, the hand seemed unreal, as if it didn't even exist. It was light and feathery, like a ghost was touching him. He retracted his hand and kept it by his side on the chair, afraid of the strange touch. The boy with the dark eyeliner frowned at this reaction, "What's wrong? You usually aren't like this."

"I'm sorry, but do I know you?" Tao asked, eyes looking down at his drink.

The boy seemed hurt by the words, his heart clenched and Tao thought he could hear held back sobs, "You mean... You don't know who I am?"

Tao felt sorry and wanted to comfort the stranger, but instead he shook his head in response. He really didn't know who this person was. As soon as Tao denied knowing the boy, the light instantly faded away.

"I-It's me, Baekhyun!" He suddenly bursted out, holding back whatever tears he could.

Tao was thoroughly confused, he didn't know anyone named Baekhyun. He would sure damn remember someone that shined like this Baekhyun guy. "I'm really sorry, but I don't know you," Tao's phone vibrated after he spoke and he looked at the screen. "I'm late for something, I have to go now. I'm really really sorry," Tao stood up and left but before he made it for the door he heard a soft mumble.

"That's another thing that's different. You were never late before,"

~~~*~~~

"You're late!" Victoria pouted as Tao walked in.

He was meeting up with a few friends from the university for a study group. He didn't like the idea at first, thinking it was going to end up mostly being a bunch of idiots messing around instead, but in the end he decided to go because of her. Meng Jia, his sunbae that he had a long-term crush on. She was four years older than him and he remembered the first time he laid eyes on her. It was during orientation and she passed by his group, he saw her and was curious. She was Chinese like him and she was very pretty. He got to know her more from his other sunbae, Victoria. Victoria was a more energetic person, who had many friends on campus. She befriended Tao because he was the smartest in their Physics class and she had a failing grade. Vicotoria introduced Tao to as many of the other Chinese students as she could, including the pretty Miss Meng Jia. It wasn't one of those love at first sight things, but Tao was strangely attracted to this girl and the more time he spent with her, the more he enjoyed her company. She wasn't just pretty to him anymore. She was beautiful, intellegent, kind, amazing, wonderful, elegant, graceful, and overall perfect to Tao. He had a one-sided crush on this sunbae though, because Meng Jia was taken by the ever so popular, ever so muscular Ok Taecyeon.

"I'm sorry, Vic sunbae." Tao apologized and bowed, "I was... Held up somewhere."

Victoria gave him a playfuly smile, "Ohoho, did you meet with someone?"

"... Something like that," Tao sighed and took a seat on the ground. He pulled his Physics book out of his backpack and flipped to some random page. He wasn't in the mood to study, he was still thinking about the strange Baekhyun. His thoughts about the beautiful glow and ghostly touch were interrupted when Jia and Taecyeon entered the room, Taecyeon was yelling.

"Alright guys! I brought the alchohol!" Taecyeon shouted, his arm around Jia and his free hand holding a case of beer.

Tao groaned to himself and tried to focus on the random page in his text book. Perhaps it was a mistake to come here.

"Geez, this is a study group Taec! We're not here to get wasted!" Victoria scolded him with a wave of her finger. The muscular giant shrugged and Jia laughed, "I told you." She turned her head and saw Tao sitting in the living room, "Hi Tao," And she waved at him. A smile tugged on the corner of his lips and he waved back. Taecyeon and Victoria were still arguing.

Amber and Kyrstal emerged from the bedroom, red faced and apparently embarrassed. They forgot that the study group was going on and Victoria scoffed at the two. Everyone knew they had just got done making out in Amber's room. Tao's cheeks felt a little pinkish and he sighed the color away, trying not to think about it too much. Soon all six were crowded on the sofa and floor, going over their assignments and text books. Taecyeon had a beer can in his hand the entire night., he was apparently the only one drinking. Tao was worried about how Jia would handle him, but the worry was for nothing though, Taecyeon could hold his alcohol quiet well and didn't even falter as he walked out of the house with his arm wrapped securely around Jia's waist. Tao felt a little depressed that he didn't get to interact with Jia that much, it seemed a waste to have come. Whenever she was around Taecyeon she was always by his side and never left it. That was probably the only time Tao wanted to be Taecyeon, so that he could have the lovely Meng Jia by his side.

Everyone left and Amber retreated to her room for bed. Tao remained with Victoria in the living room.

"So, who'd you meet with earlier?" She asked, eyes glued on her physics assignment and pencil twirling in her fingers.

"No one," Tao replied. He wasn't sure how to explain Baekhyun to her.

"You told me you met someone earlier though! Don't lie to your noona, Tao." She said, but then cringed. Victoria actually hated using the word noona.

Tao chuckled a little and gave in, "It was some guy. When I left the dorm room he was suddenly outside waiting for me. We just had some tea and then I came straight here."

The brunette scoffed, "That's it? And here I thought you had gotten yourself a pretty little toy."

"Not everyone needs a toy, sunbae."

"Well, you're right. Only normal people do."

~~~*~~~

After a while later Tao excused himself and returned to his dorm. Unfortunately for him, Baekhyun was there waiting. How did this guy even know where he lived? Even more so Baekhyun was faintly emitting that strange light again and people were looking. Tao grabbed him and pulled him inside the dorm room with him. Thank God his roommate was still out.

"What were you doing out there? People were staring." Tao said and let go of Baekhyun's arm.

"I was waiting for you," The boy said, a slight tone of sadness lacing his voice.

Tao blinked a few times as he looked at him, "This whole time?"

Baekhyun nodded and bit his bottom lip. Tao felt a little sorry again but then sighed. "Are you hungry? Tired?" Baekhyun looked at him right away and then smiled. The light around him seemed to increase as well. "No, I'm neither tired nor hungry,"

"Oh," Tao muttered then motioned for Baekhyun to sit. As the strange boy made himself comfortable, Tao went to his bedroom and threw his bag on his bed. He decided to question Baekhyun a little more and returned to the living room only to find the boy who had denied being tired earlier asleep. Tao sighed inwardly and went to the hallway cabinet, pulling out a fluffy blanket and draping it over Baekhyun's body. He watched teh boy's body rise and lower itself and listened to the soft breathing he was making. If not for the weird glow then Baekhyun would have seemed like a pretty cute boy wearing eyeliner.

Tao groaned as he heard the lock on the front door being unlocked. His roommate was back and he'd have to explain why a stranger was sleeping on their couch. A dazed and possibly drunk Taemin stumbled in, dropping his bag and keys onto the floor. Tao was feeling even more distressed about the situation because now he had a drunk Taemin to worry about as well. "Taemin-ssi, are you okay?" He asked as he pulled the boy up right and picked up the fallen items. Taemin only slurred out incoherent words and Tao rolled his eyes, "My friend is staying over so don't freak out tomorrow morning, okay?" Taemin only nodded his head in a drunken stupor and Tao carried the roommate to his own bedroom before checking up on Baekhyun again. He seemed to be fully asleep and Tao felt like the boy probably wouldn't steal anything so he retired to his room where he fell into his own sleep.

The next morning he felt something heavy and yet light on his chest. It was a strange feeling and it was almost like he was imagining the thing on top of him, when he tried to move though it seemed to be impossible. He opened his eyes and was greeted by black khol covered eyes staring right into him. Tao let out a manly squeak and the boy on top of him giggled.

"What are you doing?!" Tao shouted, pushing Baekhyun off him.

"You look so cute sleeping, Zitao." The intruder continued to giggle.

Zitao? Who the hell was Zitao?

Tao had a confused look on his face which only made Baekhyun laugh even more. The boy seemed so amused with Tao and he couldn't understand why. The pool of questions from yesterday seemed to only be increasing.

"Who are you?" Tao asked.

"I told you. I'm Baekhyun!" The boy gleamed and his strange glow brightened, blinding Tao.

"Ah! Stop that! It's too bright!"

Baekhyun frowned at this and instantly the light decreased, "There is no such thing as too bright."

Tao raised an eyebrow and got up from his bed, "What's up with that light anyways? It's weird."

"It is not weird, Zitao." Baekhyun pouted and Tao felt his heartstring tug. Even weirder.

"Uhm, stop calling me that. My name is Tao."

Baekhyun tilted his head in that cute way of confusion and then giggled, "Tao? Is that what you go by now?"

"No, it's what I've always gone by. My name has been Huang Tao since the begining of time."

This phrase seemed to throw Baekhyun into a laughing fit and Tao couldn't understand. What was so funny? Suddenly his bedroom door was flung open and an angry Taemin was shouting at the two, "Holy Tao! Shut the hell up! Don't you know I have a ing hangover right now? I don't have patience for your today!" He stopped only to look at the boy rolling on the bed holding his stomach, "Uh... Who the is that? Why're you bringing guys back to your room. Didn't you have a thing for that Chinese chick?"

This caught Baekhyun's attention and he stopped rolling on the bed to look at Taemin, "He has a thing for a girl?"

Taemin nodded, "Uh, yeah. That's what I said."

Tao groaned and pushed Taemin out, "Taemin-ah, it's nothing like that. Get out now, we'll be quiet."

After closing the bedroom door, Tao turned to look at Baekhyun who appeared as if he had just killed a puppy. "What's wrong?" Tao asked, truly concerned about why the usual shining boy was no longer emitting the light from his body. Baekhyun glanced up at the taller boy and his lips trembled, "Is what he said true? You are attracted to a woman as of now?" Tao found this question worded a bit strangely and he decided to just tell the truth so he nodded, "Yes, I like a sunbae from my school." 

Baekhyun's heart sunk and tears began to roll down his face. The eyeliner was now slowly smudging and joining the tears that journeyed down his cheeks to his chin. Tao was taken back and he gasped at the sudden boy crying in front of him.

"H-How could y-you? Y-You cheater! You s-said you... L-Loved me! I told you that I-I loved you t-too!" Baekhyun hiccuped and tried his best to keep his words clear though he stuttered an awful lot.

What? No. Impossible. Tao didn't know the boy infront of him. He had obviously never told the boy he loved him or heard it from the other.

"Look... I think you've got me confused for someone else... I don't know you," Tao said bluntly, voice a little hurt from seeing the boy cry. 

"How can I confuse you for someone else?! I-I love you!" Baekhyun shouted and wiped his darkened eyes, a black smudge formed on his hand.

Tao was at a loss for words. He didn't know what to do. Here was a stranger crying in his room, telling him he loved him and claiming to know him when Tao had never even seen the boy until yesterday! Just then a knock came from his door and he heard Taemin speak, "Tao, you've got a visitor!" Tao cursed under his breath for not locking the door as it opened.

Taemin was gone and instead Tao found himself in the embrace of another strange man. He smelled oddly like fish. "Zitao! So nice to see you! I came as soon as Baekhyun informed me," The stranger turned to see Baekhyun crying and then let go of Tao. "What'd you do to him this time?!"

"What?" Was all Tao managed to say as he was pushed away by the stranger who then proceeded to pull Baekhyun into an embrace.

"What's wrong Baekhyunnie?" The fish guy asked and Baekhyun replied through a series of hiccups, "Z-Zitao keeps saying he f-forgot me and then he, he told me he likes someone else now!"

The fish guy gave Tao a glare. A very bad one at that and Tao shook his head furiously.

"Now listen here. I really don't know you, and I don't know you either," He said and looked at the fish guy, "My name isn't Zitao and I'm pretty sure I've never said I love you to you, so I'm sorry," This only made Baekhyun cry harder and the fish guy glare even more.

"S-See, I told you Suho-hyung!" Baekhyun cried and burried his head into the fish guy's shoulder.

Tao's head was hurting now and he needed to just get out of the room or even possibly the building. These two strangers were giving him a headache that was unwanted and not needed. Tao rubbed his temples as 'Suho' was shouting at him and Baekhyun continued to sob. Finally Tao shouted in anger, "Enough!"

In that moment, things seemed to freeze. As if time... stopped. It was only for a very brief second though and things resumed right after. Tao swore something had felt off but he just blamed it on his throbbing head instead. Suho and Baekhyun were now completely silent. The last of the tears rolled down his cheeks and Tao looked at the two sitting on his bed.

"Look, I've got to get to class in an hour so that's how long you two have to explain yourselves, okay? I'm not in the mood for all this nonsense right now and if you guys don't have a good enough explanation then I'm calling the cops, alright?" Tao said sternly with his voice being controlled by the rage inside his stomach. He seldom got angry but right now his head was burning with pain and confusion.

The two nodded and then after Baekhyun calmed down and was able to wash his face did they all sit together in the bedroom. Taemin was already gone, probably to his boyfriend's house or something, Tao didn't give a right now but was glad the other was gone because the things that happened next would be things he didn't really want Taemin to have seen just yet.

"Introduce yourselves," Tao demanded and they complied.

"I am Suho, the water that flows in the sea and the rivers," The fish guy said and bowed at Tao.

Wait, what? Sea? River?

"As I've said twice before I'm Baekhyun. The light that shines from the sun and from the moon," The boy said, his eyes now smaller without the thick blackness covering them.

Uhh... Sun? Moon?

"Uhm... What kind of introductions are those?" Tao asked, his eyes a little twitchy with worry now. Had he let a bunch of lunatics into his house?

"They are our formal introductions Zitao, do not be rude." Suho said and pinched the bridge of his nose, "Now you're turn."

"Well, I'm Huang Tao of uhh, Qingdao." Tao said trying to use his 'formal introduction'.

Baekhyun snickered and rolled his eyes, "Tao of Qingdao?"

Tao nodded, "Yes, that's where I was born and raised before I came here."

"No. You are Zitao-" Baekhyun said but was interrupted by Suho's hand that flew across his mouth. Baekhyun snapped his head at him, about to start shouting but Suho gave him a look and the two calmed down.

"Anyways... It seems we have made a mistake, I'm sorry for the inconvinience we have caused you." Suho said and stood up, holding Baekhyun's arm. "Perhaps we shall see you around then."

Just like that the two were gone and Tao sat alone in his living room feeling quite confused and relieved. Then the thing he didn't want Taemin to see happened. Tao threw up all over his bedroom floor.

~~~~~

Expect an update soon! But don't expect another one after that e - e I only wrote two chapters worth lol.

Anyways, judging on the Exo symbols, you guys are getting a clear view of what these guys possibly are, right? And what everyone else is going to be as well? Well okay then, subscribe and upvote, and let me know what you think by leaving a lovely comment!~