4th Chapter

The Priest's Sin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter; the cold breeze and wind for many freeze them up to heart, taking their dreams and hopes.

For two in specific this winter didn’t felt that cold.

            Between secret glances which kept secret promises these two lovers lead their lives happily despite the cold outside – cold was nothing because they were warm to the core.

No one knew the reason why the priest seemed more passionate about his job, no one knew why Shin Hye picked more roses now than before but it was pleasant to watch.

 

            “Shin Hye-ah, are you coming?” Yonghwa called from the backdoor. Both he and Geun Suk were ready to go visit Father Choi’s grave however Shin Hye seemed to be somewhat busy since she was taking a long time getting ready.

            “I’m on my way!” she replied getting her thick coat. One glance in the mirror and she looked decent. The girl was ready to go down but suddenly two hands covered her eyes and she just smiled. She turned and hugged Hong Ki who also hugged her back.

            “You can’t go like that.”

            “Why?” Shin Hye looked down at her clothing trying to figure out what was wrong. Hong Ki smiled and took his scarf placing it around her exposed neck.

            “It’s too cold outside, you might be sick.” He gave her a peck on the forehead and pushed her to the door. “Now, go. I have to change.” She lingered by the door and offered him the iest look she managed.

            “I could help you...” Hong Ki just looked away from her – escaping temptation like he would usually do. “Well, I guess I’m going then... See you later, priest.”

Shin Hye took two steps knowing she won already. Not one second of waiting it took and Hong Ki was already pulling her to a very passionate kiss.

She felt delighted.

            “Please, just disappear from here, right now...”

And so she did with the biggest smile on her lips.

 

            It was getting dark already and they weren’t back which was causing Hongki some worrying. He was ready to take those priest’s clothes when five men entered the church.

They were all dressed in black from head to toe except for the tiniest one in front – he had a white shirt all ed till it hit his waist almost. He had sunglasses even though the sun was long gone and seemed like the Mob’s big-shot.

            “So, you are the priest now?” Hongki just nodded and one of his bodyguards Hongki assumed got closer and held a picture. It was Shin Hye along with Geunsuk and Yonghwa. “Do you know any of them?”

            “Let me see...” Hongki took the picture out of the bodyguard’s hand and examined it for a bit. Shin Hye would be somewhere between 15 and 17 when that picture was taken. Her hair wasn’t that long and her features were beautiful yes but childish.

If he could Hongki would’ve smiled.

            “I’m so sorry but I do not see these people in a while. I do know they were Father Choi’s children. He loved them very much.”

            “Is there any chance they would stop by?” Hongki smiled and just denied it.

            “No, like I said I never got to know them. Everyone knows that Father Choi is dead so they have no reason to come back here.” The mobster just nodded and started to retrieve. “By the way – are they in trouble?”

            “It passed the point of being called a trouble. Goodnight, mister.”

 

            An hour after the incident Hongki called them to check up on them but none would pick up. He started to concern over every single stupid thing when Shin Hye called him back.

            “What’s up? Why did you call so many times?” Hearing her calm voice made him more at ease.

            “What took you guys so long? I was worried.” A moment of silence followed and then Hongki could hear Yonghwa say “Someone’s in love maybe?” That made him feel embarrassed.

            “Ya, Jung Yonghwa don’t sprout nonsense!” Shin Hye tried to scold however her voice seemed too shy. “We’re right outside okay? We’re coming in.”

Hongki could’ve waited but ever since those guys appeared he couldn’t rest. He felt jumpy and only wanted to have her next to him.

            He stepped outside and saw them coming up. Shin Hye called him again; he could see her brilliant smile already.

            “Ya, why are you outside?” Hongki laughed and started to go down the stairs.

            “Can’t I?” She laughed.

            “Of course you can! But why did you come out? I said we were coming...”

            “I wanted to see you as soon as possible...” Shin Hye blushed slightly and Hongki laughed quietly at her figure.  “And just because of that I’m going to run.”

            “Hongki you don’t have to.” Too late – he was already running down the street to meet them. Shin Hye couldn’t stop smiling while seeing him approaching her.

I must really love him even though I shouldn’t...

            Hongki was a few meters

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter