3rd Chapter

The Priest's Sin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Despite the heavy rain and storm outside the night was warm; it was quite pleasant and cosy, in fact.

The two other boys were taking their time in the shower while Hong Ki took care of Shin Hye. He had helped her warm up and now was more concerned over her wet clothing. But what could he do? With a tired sigh he slapped a hand over his right eye, trying not to yawn too loud.

            After a few moments of indecision he approached the ancient sofa and just stared at the sleeping girl who didn’t – by the way – seem to be having nice dreams. She had this frown in her forehead and her jaw would clench from time to time. This made Hong Ki seriously worried even though he didn’t know why. Everyone has nightmares; it’s a very common thing. Why am I worrying?

He shot up from the sofa’s arm rest decided to go upstairs to check on the boys but then something caught his attention – blood was dripping from the girl’s arm hitting the floor in an audible way. Hong Ki freaked out and went downstairs to get the first aid kit in such rush you would assume he was running from someone who wanted to kill him.

Without thinking he ripped the girl’s t-shirt letting her very fit, white tank top in view. Beside the large the t-shirt she had only a tank top underneath and that kind of froze Hong Ki for a minute. He then shook his head and focus on treating her wound.

It wasn’t a big wound; it was maybe one or two centimetre deep and – Hong Ki discovered after – it had a bullet lodge. Using a tweezers he extracted the bullet safely and tossed it out the window. It felt nasty to have it around.

After cleaning and bandaging the wound he just figured why not strip her and lay her on bed, already? So, with half an eye open and the other completely closed Hong Ki – somehow – undressed her, leaving her only in her underwear and finally laying her on his bed, covering her completely. The young priest didn’t even forget the neck.

            After, probably, half an hour after Hong Ki had lay her down in his bed the other two appeared, clean and warm. Geun Suk walked over to the bed and sighed relieved. Yong Hwa followed him too but he placed a hand on the girl’s forehead, sensing her temperature.

            “She hasn’t fever. I checked it already.” Hong Ki said, back facing them messing with the fireplace. “Now who’s going to tell me what’s going on?” Geun Suk just rolled his eyes and went to sit beside Shin Hye on the bed, patting her hair in a soothing manner as if he knew she needed it. One thing is certain – after he did it, the wrinkle disappeared.

Yong Hwa raised his hand high, excited. He brought his hot-chocolate with him feeling just like a kid in Christmas. Why? Well, that’s just Yong Hwa.

            “Me, me, me, me, me, me, me!” Pulling Hong Ki to the wet couch where they sat while Yong Hwa spilled the entire story.

By the end Hong Ki felt nothing but pity for the young girl making himself experience what’s like to be useless and ravage for the first time in his 24 years of existence.

            “We should go to sleep, Father Lee.” Hong Ki restrained from laughing out loud and hit Yong Hwa friendly in the shoulder.

            “You are my age! Don’t you even think about calling me that in private!” Yong Hwa’s eyes were round from surprise but he just agreed with a smile later on. Hong Ki also smiled and stretched, hearing every bone in his body make noise.

            “That’s nasty, Hong Ki.” While Hong Ki laughed quietly at his new friend he noticed Geun Suk had fallen asleep right next to Park Shin Hye, in a very intimate way.

            “Ya, are they dating or something?” Hong Ki pointed to the sleeping couple feeling perplex for a moment. Was there something he missed?

            “Ani. Geun Suk has always been very protective of Shin Hye, Mr. Placebo.” Hong Ki looked at Yong Hwa trying to figure out why he called him that just now. “Even with me... I could never take her anywhere if he wasn’t around.” Yong Hwa drank the last bit of his hot-chocolate with a soft yet sad gasp he went upstairs murmuring something like – that guy spoiled all my chances followed by a strong mix of cruses directed to Mr. Tower.

Even though Hong Ki knew it was wrong and all he also felt some enmity for Geun Suk.

            “Let’s just sleep, let’s just sleep...” He would sing while going to the room upstairs.

            The day after the stormy night was bright and almost hot like in many summer days. The scent of spring made its way into the room where Park Shin Hye and Jang Geun Suk were, waking the sleepy girl. A ray of light was warming her face and she felt relaxed but then a frightening image and sound made her sit at once, scared. She could swear she just heard a gunshot.

For a moment she was confused but then suddenly recognized her surroundings sighing in complete peace, now. She was finally home again.

 

 

            Hong Ki woke up early like every morning. He had only a sweater and his underwear on and the last night events were long gone from his memory. He went to the first floor where the kitchen was located and went straight to the tap – he was desperate for a glass of water like usually. As he filled his glass the scent of eggs, bacon, toast, porridge and veggies came to his noise surprising him. Hong Ki turned and jumped pulling the sweater in a manner that it covered his underwear.

            “Good morning, Father.” Shin Hye smiled trying not to laugh at the embarrassed guy in front of her. “Did you sleep well?” She had an apron on and seemed like an expert managing all the frying pans.

Hong Ki didn’t seem capable of humming a sound. His mouth was open and his eyes were round and surprised not to mention the fact that he was frozen.

            “Don’t you want to put some clothes on Father?” Realizing his stupid reaction Hong Ki nodded and ran to the stairs bumping with Mr. Tower.

            “YA!!!” Geun Suk screamed at the top of his lungs to the already startled young priest.

            “Mian, mian, mian!” He repeated as he went upstairs. Geun Suk got up pissed at the blonde guy and entered the kitchen where he spotted Shin Hye cooking breakfast.

            “Ya, what are you doing?” He smiled at her as he ruffled her hair. “You should treat the priest with more respect.”

            “I don’t like him and I don’t trust him.” He sat at one of the chairs and sighed.

            “Still... He is a priest.”

            “Did he tell you that already? That guy...!”

            “No, I remember him.” Geun Suk looked up at her with questioning eyes. She smiled and turned the toast. “When we were leaving here he used to hang around church everyday... He was a pain to Father Choi because he wanted to learn, remember, how to be a priest? Father Choi didn’t want him to follow this course...”Geun Suk was quiet for a little while letting old memories fall back to conscious again – yeah, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter