1st Chapter

The Priest's Sin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            In a very windy, cold and mysteriously dark night a baby’s cry was heard coming from the Lee’s mansion. Outside a lightening was seen followed by a tremendous growl, welcoming the newborn while the intense – almost frightful – heavy rain fell tinkling repeatedly.

Mrs. Lee let a sigh of joy upon seeing the sweet little baby and Mr. Lee didn’t take long coming upstairs to see his long-awaited son.

            They named the baby Hong Ki being Hong a Chinese word that means “great” or “vast” and Ki the derivation from Sino-Korean and that means “rise”, “foundation” or “base”. Both parents wanted a great and flourishing future for their son so both couldn’t stop dreaming about the different routes they wanted for him.

At the age of three Hong Ki talked like an eight-year-old and knew how to write and solve simple addition and subtraction math problems without even blinking. His mother couldn’t be more proud – her son would, some day, be a chemist or maybe even join NASA, for what matter. Mr. Lee always took this premature intelligence positively because it would – most likely – take his son in leading the company in the future. In such capable hands nothing could go wrong to the Lee Empire.

While he grew up Hong Ki showed a big talent for sports being always the captain of the football team or basketball team, adored by everyone. He was a true leader and an idol among the student body all the way since middle school till the end of high school, having always a lot of fan girls following him around giving him gifts and lunches they’d prepared.

Being polite and such, Hong Ki always accepted the lunch boxes and presents only not to hurt those girls’ feelings. That was how much kind Hong Ki was.

            Kim Yoo Jin, Hong Ki’s long neighbour and closest friend, didn’t like the attention he gave to his fan girls. They would fight all the time because of it...

            “Aish, UEE! Why do you always bring up that subject? I do it because I don’t want them to be hurt! They are human beings too, you’re not the only one who feels and hurts!” The long brown-haired girl shot him a look locking a strand of hair behind her ear.

            “What is that supposed to mean?” Hong Ki – finally caught what he had said – look down completely regretful. “Does that mean you know I like you? Then, you take my gifts for pity? It’s that it?”

            “I never said that...”

            “No, that’s right! You didn’t!” The seventeen year old girl took off running out the school’s gate where her driver was already waiting.

Yes, Hong Ki knew UEE liked him since they were little and he was always very careful not to hurt her in any way possible – for what matters she was his best friend – but now he had messed up. Big time.

            From that day onwards UEE didn’t make any effort at hiding her feelings which just made everything more difficult for Hong Ki since he was the guy-who-never-hurt-a-girl.

Mrs. Lee would encourage UEE whenever possible about pouring out her feelings and the young girl felt nothing more than pleased.

            It was back when the wind blew hard and lightening; thunders and heavy rain covered the entire Gangnam district that Hong Ki first spoke up about his future and made the decision of his life – he wanted to study music in England.

The Lee mansion was now a battlefield with Mr. Lee wanting Hong Ki to stay in Korea to study Business Management and Hong Ki on the other hand wanting to leave Korea and pursue his dream of studying music.

Mrs. Lee refused to mingle and say anything but was when Hong Ki appeared downstairs with hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter