2nd Chapter

The Priest's Sin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Later that night the thunders and lightening were unforgivable – they lead the skies sending the heaviest rain Hong Ki had ever saw before. True rivers were flowing in the middle of the street outside but Hong Ki felt anything but scared – ever since he was young good things always happened when the weather was this scary.

With a smile on his face, Hong Ki went back inside and got rid of that cassock. Wearing it was the only thing he wasn’t happy about but oh well, priests had to make all kind of sacrifices. He took a shower and dressed a large black sweater with a hoodie, normal jeans and very large green wool scarf. Even though they say priests should give up on every possession, let go of any material attachment there were two things Hong Ki could never let go of except from clothing, of course. Firstly there was his wooden guitar bought back in Portugal. Portuguese guitars are known as the best guitars in the world because of their natural sound. This was a gift from his mother – actual it was more of a failed attempt to keep him away from the church – just before he took the true decision of becoming a priest and he cherished that instrument with all his heart. He would play it for the orphan kids once in a while and also in community parties.

The other thing was his headphones and his Apple IPod full with music he recorded and music that reminded him of his past; good memories, mostly.

            So, every night after his duty had been served he would sit in the church benches and would listen to music until he was sleepy enough to go upstairs and sleep. He was now doing that, trying not to think about many regrets he had for choosing this life instead of the musician road when the doors unclenched startling the young priest. A very tall guy, with very large eyes – scary ones, actually – and black hair dripping water came in, rushing. He was holding something in his arms and then was when Hong Ki noticed the smaller guy behind closing the doors. He also had his hair dripping water but his was much lighter in colour being his brown. His eyes were truly Asian and he looked around anxiously while approaching the taller one.

            “Is she okay?” He asked the taller one while he stared at Hong Ki instead. The tower placed the girl on the bench and slapped her lightly, trying to make her regain her senses. The other one was staring at the scene, nervous, and only then he noticed the confused blonde boy staring at them. “You! Go get the priest, now! We need to talk to him!” Hong Ki threw his headphones and IPod to the bench and walked over to them. The tower became very protective all of the sudden sending a death glare that made Hong Ki stop walking. “Ya, Jang Geun Suk, get your act together! He is going to help us!”

            “I want priest Choi, not this guy!” Hong Ki continued to walk and pushed Geun Suk away. The smaller one was holding him while Hong Ki examined the girl. “Yong Hwa let me go!”

            “I’m the priest now! Father Choi died three years ago!” A heavy silence filled the church making the two boys speechless. “Help me get her upstairs! She needs dried clothing and something warm.” Still in shock Jang Geun Suk, the tallest of the two, took her in his arms and rushed upstairs while Yong Hwa stayed slightly behind, gawking at Hong Ki. “What?” Hong Ki was rushing everywhere looking for warm blankets and stuff to light the fireplace upstairs.

            “Dude what did you do?”

            “What do you mean?”

            “I mean... You are what? 26? How can you be a priest this early? I know, you made a promise and thought it would never accomplish. Now you have to atone for you promise.” Hong Ki laughed and darted upstairs always with Yong Hwa on his tail.

            “I’m actually 24, but thank you.” Yong Hwa entered the room even more dumbfounded.

            “How could you?” Hong Ki laughed it out and went into his room where Geun Suk was undressing the girl.

            “Ya, what do you think you are doing?” Hong Ki pushed him away completely pissed. “Don’t.”

            “She is wounded and moreover she needs a bath to warm up.” Jang Geun Suk was definitely very mad right now but Hong Ki dismissed it.

With the hot water ready Hong Ki wet a fabric in it and twisted over her body. He had the fireplace already lightened up and so the room as very warm. While he worked both of the boys stared in concern to the girl sleeping with a troubled expression in her face.

            “You are wetting the sofa! Are you crazy?” Yong Hwa shouted all of the sudden but Hong Ki smiled it off. “That’s an ancient sofa, you mad-dog!” Both Hong Ki and Geun Suk rolled their eyes, sighing in sync.

            “There are clothing in the first and second drawer, you must know where the bathroom is... So go, I’ll take care of her.” With an unpleased sigh Geun Suk took some clothing and left the room while Yong Hwa approached the bed and kissed the girl in her forehead.

            “Park Shin Hye, you better be okay when I come back, you hear me?” Just like a rabbit he jigged to the bathroom one floor above leaving Hong Ki taking care of the young lady.

            “Park Shin Hye what happened to you...?”

 

Park Shin Hye was someone who had experienced a little of everything and managed to grow up in very tough conditions.

With only eight-years-old she already ran errands for old ladies in exchange for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter