Chapter 2: How about a confession?

Far Away From A Jerk

Chapt e  r   2

At lunch, Kris walked up to his group friends, EXO.

"Hey," he greeted.

"Oh, oh! Kris, when are you gonna confess?" a hyperactive one, Chanyeol, shouted out of the blue.

"Confess to who...?" he was lost.

"To Akane! Duh. You've been crushing on her all of highschool, and you just started teasing her last year. So hurry it up because high school is almost over!" guyliner-boy, Baekhyun, said.

"Teasing her doesn't mean ." Kris laughed.

"Yeah it does. You treat every girl the same EXCEPT for Akane." A boy with eyebags ressembling pandas, Tao, said.

"Yeah, well- So what? What if I did like her?"

"Then step up your game. To be honest, Akane is a cute girl, and school's almost over. So hurry up." Kai pointed out.

"Yeah? Alright." Kris nodded, bid his goodbyes, and headed towards said girl.

Akane laughed with Chii, awaiting on Mi and Suzanne for food.

"Haha, Eiah told me that she walked into Mrs. Tran's class and saw Ed wanking."

"What the heck?! HAHAHA. Oh my- I remember last year in Mr. Thongrivong's class, Ed had a big bulge. It was so disgusting, but funny! I couldn't help but drop my bow." Akane giggled.

"Really?! Ed's such a ert." Chii laughe along.

"I know right?! Haha, in seventh grade he- HEY! WHAT'RE YOU DOING?!" in he midst of her sentence, Akane was being dragged across the lunch room, by a tall male.

"Hey! You stupid giant! Answer me or I file you for harrassment." she pouted, completely serious. Akane had file a few guys in the past for harassment.

The giant turned around, tightening his grip on her wrist.

"You're pretty dumb, so I'm taking you to get some lunch since you don't have the clear ability to do that yourself." he smirked.

Akane's eyes widened at the sudden jerk in front of her, obviously Kris.

"You- At least I don't drag girls against their will! Besides, Suzanne was getting my lunch. It's her turn." Akane stated as-a-matter-of-factly.

"Whatever. Just pick what you want, I'm paying." Kris blatantly responded, shifting his eyes around as they entered the cafeteria. "Besides, why do you eat in the lunch room? It's much easier to eat near the cafeteria."

"And why do you eat in the garden? It's much easier to eat near the cafeteria." Akane mocked Kris' words.

"Whatever- Hey, hurry up. Thirty minutes left of lunch and I want to spend those minutes peacefully." he sighed, folding his arms.


Akane gripped onto her violin case and stood by the door, eyes stuck on the clock as she waited for the bell to ring.

As soon as the noise went off, she walked out of the classroom and into the stampede of eager students. Finally, Monday was over. And throughout Akane's mind went wonderings of grad. night and the last few days. She was really excted for Thursday and Friday though, as most seniors would fly up to Disneyland for three days and two nights, the last night being graduation night. Luckily, Akane had raised enough money to take the chance with her friends to enjoy themselves. It would be a time full of fun and adventure. Hopefully, the giant jerk wouldn't pester her or so.

"Yo, Akane."

"Hi, Akane!"

"AKANE LET'S BE GAY TOGETHER."

"Akane bby, gimme a show with your violin."

"HEEEEY, AKANE." was shouted throughout the halls as she walked, smiling and shaking her head or waving.

"Bye, Akane~!" Chii and Mi said in unison, passing by.

"Oh, bye guys! And by the way, where is Suzanne?" Akane asked curiously.

"Uhh... bathroom. Don't say much though." 

Akane nodded, bid her goodbyes with a 'thanks', and ran off to the isolated room.

"Suzanne~?" she sang, her voice echoing throughout the walls.

"Go away," a voice said between sobs.

"What'd you mean? C'mon, why are you crying?" Akane turned to see her best friend underneath the sink, makeup smeared as her eyes were puffy.

"You traitor." Suzanne spat.

"Wh-what are you talking about?" her knees grew weak at the sudden insult, heart racing with a dry throat.

"You know how much I like him." the crying one managed to say.

"Who?"

"Kris, of course. Why the hell were you with him? At least tell us if you're running off, but to go with Kris?!" Suzanne shrieked the last word, holding her hands back to damage Akane.

"He's the one who dragged me away! He always does that...! It's not like I enjoy it anyways," Akane rolled her eyes in disbelief that her best friend would actually get angry over such a petty thing.

"Yeah?! Then why were you smiling all-the-while?! Why'd he buy you lunch?! Why was he holding onto your wrist?! Why?! Why you?! You're nothing but first chair violin in the advanced orchestra, and top of your English class! Other than that, you're nothing! I repeat myself, nothing." she cried.

"Stop! Suzanne, please stop! I don't know why you're reacting like this, he always does stupid things whilist teasing. And I don't recall you informing me of your little crush." Akane held back the tears, shocked at the sudden insults.

"Oh? You don't freaking remember? What a great best friend!" she sarcastically back-talked.

What the hell? I don't even remember...! Unless..., Akane thought hard.

Flashback

"Hey, you wanna know who I like?" Suzanne piped up.

"Oh? Yeah, who?"

"Kris! So can you please stop hanging out with him?!" she pleaded.

"Yeah, I'd love to. But sadly, he drags and teases me." Akane sighed.

"I suddenly remember... but it was on such a short notice! And two frickin years ago?! How the hell was I supposed to know that you still like him?!" Akane asked.

"Isn't it obvious? I was fawning over him this morning. And just because I act like it doesn't mean I don't hold feelings for him anymore! I do hold feelings, and it hurts that I have to act like I don't! Just because he's around you!" 

"Yeah? Well, it's the last week of high school, so please don't be like this!" she pleaded.

"No. If it's the last week of high school, MIGHT AS WELL SURVIVE WITHOUT ME!" Suzanne cried.

"Fine! Maybe I will! Good frickin bye." Akane swiftly turned around and walked out.


 

Akane blew her fringe up as she dragged herself across the outer basketball court, leaning towards the side her violin was being held at.

"...and I just lost a friend..." she sighed, "Great, Chii and Mi will prolly go on her side. How terrific."

Akane stared up at the basketball net before her, and set down her violin, running to get a ball.

"Hmph, we'll just see how this week shall go, then." Akane pouted, positioning to throw the ball up.

She bent her knees and bounced on her toes slightly, releasing the ball from her grasp. 

Akane flinched when the ball missed the net completely, her shoulders deflated as well and walked over to the rolling figure.

"You don't look so great," a male voice from behind startled here.

Akane froze in place, hesitantly turning her head around.

"Wh-what makes you say that?" she asked.

"You look uglier than usual. Plus, your aim ." he laughed.

Akane narrowed her eyes at him, doing it without a care since it was Kris.

"Shut up."

"How about I teach you instead? I'd like to see your learning skills, and your failure as well." his words surprised her.

"Now...?"

"Not now, you dummy. I meant later...  As in tonight."

" Eehh?"

"Meet me at the park, ok? Tonight at five thirty."

"But... Don't you have some sort of like, party to go to? I heard all the pops were going to three parties in a row..."

"Nah, I'll just ditch. Besides, I want to see thee ugly duckling fail."

"Hey! Don't think you have the audacity to call me that, you little-"

"Save the talk for later. I'll see you then~."

Kris turned around with a wave. Akane watched him stride away and puffed her cheeks up in annoyance, folding her arms across her chest.

"Well you know what," she mumbled to herself while she picked up her violin case, "I have a confession to make...

"I really hate you."


Author speaking!

REALLY FRICKIN LATE ON THIS WOW HI GUYS. FRICKFRICK sorry ive been so busy AND I HAVE A SIDE THING WHERE ON DA, I DRAW AND MY ART USUALLY TAKES 5EVER SO I HAVENT HAD THE TIME TO WRITE!! but better late than ever?? YEAH OK

i really love and appreciate you guyss~! <33 thanks for reading.