Wasting Our Time

Of Idols and Antics || A Oneshot Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Hey Yongguk?”

Having opted for a night in, you and your boyfriend were currently snuggled up on the couch together, watching a movie. You weren’t paying much attention to the tv, your mind being occupied with other things at the moment. Earlier today, you had gone out to meet up with a few friends. One had brought along her seven month old son, while the other was already five months pregnant with her second child. For the first hour, you had ended up listening to them go on about their marriages and experiences of motherhood, two things you couldn’t exactly relate to just yet. They eventually did bring you into the conversation, asking when you and Yongguk were going to get married and start having kids. Although you and your boyfriend had been together for quite a few years, the two of you never really discussed the topics of marriage or children. 

“Yeah, babe?”

You had thought that after he asked you to move in with him, a ring and marriage proposal would have soon followed shortly after. After two years of living together, still no ring, let alone even a proposal. You didn’t want to rush Yongguk, but did occasionally leave subtle hints that you were ready for marriage. As for having children, you knew he always wanted to be a father, but never directly spoke of you two having kids together someday. It had occurred to you that you possibly weren’t the type of woman Yongguk saw himself spending the rest of his life with, but you quickly dashed the thought. If that really were the case, he wouldn’

Please log in to read the full chapter