Way Too Long

Of Idols and Antics || A Oneshot Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

a/n: So... I wrote a thing. It supposed to be all depressing and , but... yeah. 

 


“I love you.”

The way he says those three little words is unfamiliar, his voice devoid of any true sincerity. You know he doesn't really mean them, and hasn't for quite some time. At one point in your relationship, you know that he truly did mean it whenever he said that he loved you, but now it was just routine to say the now meaningless words. The two of you had become so used to each other that you had mistaken it for love, something that had been missing from your relationship for way too long. Neither of you knew exactly when you began to drift apart, let alone as to why, it just happened.

“I love you, too, Soryong.”

It doesn't feel right to be in his arms anymore, as if you no longer belong there. Many times you had tried to brush off the unwelcoming feeling, but no matter what, it always lingered in the back of your mind. The way he kisses you no longer feels the same, the love and passion being replaced by emptiness. His touch has become almost foreign to you, being unsettled by the unfamiliarity of him. He is not the man you married, but rather a stranger in your husband's place. After only two years, your marriage was already falling apart.

Never did you imagine your relationship to end up like this, to be heading in the direction of divorce at such an alarming rate. In the beginning, things were so perfect, as if nothing could go wrong. At the time, the two of you were truly happy. When you had gotten married, you assumed that everything had fallen into place, that you would spend the rest of you lives together happily and in love. Looking back, you realized that things weren't as picture perfect as they had seemed. There had been so many signs telling you that your relationship was ill-fated, but you were just too blind and naïve to see them. Even on your wedding day, you had doubts about marrying Soryong, wondering if things were being rushed. In retrospect, you should have listened to yourself instead of proceeding with the marriage.

“I'll probably have to stay late at work, so don't wait up for me.”

Liar. 

For the past few weeks, Soryong had been making up various excuses about having to work late. You found out early on that they were lies, the lingering scents of alcohol and smoke on his clothes always gave him away. He didn't want to come home to you, so he would spend his time elsewhere, mainly at the bar. As far as you knew, Soryong at least had the decency to not cheat on you, or was simply smart enough not to get caught. You really didn't care about what he did with his spare time anyway, it wasn't like he bothered to inquire about what you did anymore. Although it was your duty as a wife to know about the on goings of your husband's personal life, you really didn't see how it was still any of your concern. The two of you had drifted so far apart that it didn't even feel as though you were married, just two strangers living under the same roof.

“Okay.”

 


“Happy anniversary.”

You're surprised that he even remembered, let alone remember the correct date. A smile graces your lips upon hearing his words, it small, but genuine. The way he greets you doesn't feel as empty as before, Soryong seeming less of a stranger. You don't know what has gotten into him, wondering if there is an ulterior motive beh

Please log in to read the full chapter