C H A P T E R 1

Stop This Rain

CHAPTER 1

 

She sat in the dark living room of the apartment they shared together. The only light that was able to make her see part of the room was the candle on the cake that was already half way melted. It was their 3rd anniversary, yet HE was nowhere in sight. This HE, was Bang Yong Guk. He is the leader of a famous gang around the dark streets of Seoul. He fought enemies with high pride and strong confidence. He was the guy every innocent being was afraid of. She still remembered the night they first met. They night she fell in love with him.

.

.

.

Her footsteps were heavier than a normal run. Her breathing was faster each time. She kept looking back and then forwards again. The gang was catching up on her each step she took. Her heart beat faster as her stomach churned thinking about what could happen if she was caught by them. Her foot caught onto the cracked cement and she flew forwards landing hard onto the floor. The gang smiled as they knew tonight they hit jackpot. Jieun’s wrist was scratched and her knee badly scrapped the cold cement. She looked at the gang and backed away from them.

“P-please don’t h-hurt me…” she stuttered.

“Don’t worry, we won’t hurt you…hopefully,” one of the guys laughed and smirked. “We just want some fun you know…”

Jieun’s eyes got watery. She closed her eyes and knew tonight was her last. She heard laughing and then suddenly thuds and groans. Jieun shot her eyes open. 6 figures were fighting against the gang. One of them came up to her.

“Are you okay?” his deep husky voice calmed her down. Jieun nodded her head, although her knees were starting to hurt. She saw one of the bad guys running towards them.

“Behind you!” she yelled. He turned quickly and punched the guy in the face.

“Run,” he told her. “We got this.”

Jieun stared at him. The flickering light on the street lamp showed half of his face. Her eyes widened. HE was Bang Yong Guk. The guy everyone had avoided and gossiped about at her university. She had heard many conversations saying he was horrible, bad, and not caring at all. She just couldn’t leave them like that after they had helped her, even though they were just another gang she is suppose to avoid.

"I’m sorry," she thought and turned to run but fell because her knees were giving her so much pain. She tried to get up but her knees kept on hurting worse each time she tried. Too busy trying to get up, someone tapped her shoulder.

“Lady, do you need help?” a taller figure had asked her. She looked at the figure and was out of words.

“Oh wait, your knees the problem right?” he asked. Jieun looked at her knees and nodded.

“Wait,” he and left then instead of him return, Yong Guk came. He didn’t say anything but bent down towards his back at her.

“Get on,” he said. Jieun was confused. Should she take his offer or not?

“Hurry, before they get us,” he said. There was no other choice but agreed to get on his back. She did as told and Yong Guk stood up walking away from his friends.

“What are you doing?” Jieun asked looking back. They had already finished fighting.

“Where’s your house?” Yong Guk asked bluntly. Something then ticked in her head.

“What time is it?” she asked.

“Past 11PM,” he replied.

“Great…” she mumbled.

“Something wrong?” he asked. Jieun thought to herself why the leader of a famous gang would be worrying about her business.

“The gates to my dorm are closed already,” she replied anyways.

“Tell someone to come open it for you,”

“You don’t get it,” Jieun said. “Once the gates are closed, they’re not opening until 5AM.”

“Then wait till 5,” he said. Jieun glared at the back of Yong Guk’s head.

“Will you wait with me then till 5?” she added.

“Why?”

“The gang might comeback for me,”

Yong Guk stopped in his tracks and thought for a bit.

“You can share with Zelo,” he mumbled.

“Where do you live?” it was her turn to ask him now. He didn’t reply but continued walking. Jieun was tired so she slowly drifted off to sleep on Yong Guk’s back. The others finally caught up to him.

“Someone’s a sleeper,” Youngjae said as he noticed Jieun.

“She’s just tired,” Himchan said. “So where’s her house?”

“She lives in a dorm,” Yong Guk replied. “The gates don’t open till 5AM.”

“Then throw her over,” Daehyun said.

“I was planning that too,” Yong Guk said.

“Why won’t she just sleep over for the night?” Zelo smiled. “We have a room open.”

Yong Guk nodded his head. Once they reached their apartment, Yong Guk didn’t slowly place Jieun down; he just dropped her onto the sofa. With the hard impact onto her , she woke up.

“Yah!” Jieun yelled. “Do you know how to place someone nicely down?”

“I’m going to take a shower, someone take care of her knees,” Yong Guk said and left into his room.

“Really?” she scoffed.

“He’s like that to girls,” Himchan said. “Sorry.”

Jieun then roamed the apartment with her eyes. It wasn’t that big and the place was a bit messy. Zelo got the first aid kit for Himchan as he placed the medicine on her knees.

“So all of you guys live together?” she asked. Himchan nodded his head.

“Where are your parents?” she asked.

“We don’t tell our information to strangers,” Zelo added in.

“Ah~ I see,” Jieun nodded her head. Once Himchan finished placing the medicine on, he left to put the first aid kit away. Daehyun and Youngjae sat together across from where Jieun sat, while Jong Up and Zelo were in the kitchen. It was really quiet. Then Yong Guk appeared from his room still drying his hair with a towel. The silent bit in still. Soon everyone was preparing to sleep. Yong Guk brought out a pillow and blanket for Jieun. She placed it on the sofa and drifted off to sleep. It was around 3AM when Yong Guk heard noise coming from the living room. He groaned and removed his blanket.

“What’s wrong with that lady?” he thought and opened the door. He yawned and walked towards where she was sleeping at. It was too dark to notice anything wrong, but Jieun was mumbling words.

“Yah, can you shut your mouth so others can sleep?” Yong Guk was irritated. Jieun continued mumbling. He nudged her shoulder and felt that her body temperature was a bit warmer than normal body temperature.

“Are you okay?” he asked. Suddenly Jieun screamed and stood up. Shocked Yong Guk screamed and fell backwards on his bottom.

“AISH!” he yelled and glared at her. “Lady, what’s wrong with you?!”

Jieun was breathing hard. She was still trying to catch her breath.

“Nightmares?” Yong Guk asked standing up and the kitchen light.

“Yeah…” Jieun whispered.

“Well what was it about?” He grabbed a cup and filled it with drinking water.

“I-I don’t want to tell you,” she replied.

“Alright, if it’s that personal then keep it locked,” Yong Guk handed her the cup. She stared at it for a bit and then took it. She drank the whole cup in one shot.

“Someone’s thirsty,” Yong Guk thought.

“Here,” Jieun handed the cup back. “And thanks.”

“It’s ok,” he took the cup and put it back.

“Sorry for interrupting your sleep,” she said.

“Yeah you better be,” Yong Guk said.

“Are you always this mean to people?” she asked irritated. Yong Guk was taken aback. He didn’t know how to reply to her.

“I’m…naturally like this,” he replied.

“Hm, when guys treat girls without manner usually means something bad happened to the guy’s past, right?” Jieun looked at him.

He shook his head.

“Some of the times that may be correct, but that’s not my situation,” he said. “I’m naturally like this. Mean and cold.”

“Well I hope one day you can open up and smile,” Jieun said and smiled at him. He stared at her for quite a while. He felt something in his chest. Jieun then turned to face him.

“I didn’t thank you yet for saving me,” she widened her eyes. “Well, thanks.”

“It’s ok,” he replied and stood up. “You should go back to sleep.”

“Actually, I can’t,” Jieun said. Yong Guk looked at her.

“You can’t expect me to sleep after dreaming a nightmare can you?” she looked back. Yong Guk stared at her and then scratched the back of his head.

“Do you need me here?” he asked. Jieun smiled and nodded her head.

“Unless you’re like really tired,” she added. Yong Guk shook his head and sat beside Jieun.

“Well you know my name right?” Yong Guk asked.

“Almost everyone in Seoul does,” Jieun clarified. Yong Guk nodded his head.

“What’s your name?” he asked.

“Oh yeah, I totally forgot about introducing myself,” Jieun slightly hit her forehead. “I’m Jieun. Song Jieun.”

They continued talking about each other and their daily lives. Jieun was still explaining about her mean stupid English teacher when she felt something on her shoulder. She looked and saw that Yong Guk had fallen asleep.

“This guy…” she shook her head. “If you were tired you could’ve just reject my offer.”

Jieun slowly removed his head from her shoulder and placed it nicely onto the pillow. She then grabbed the blanket and placed it over him. She looked at the clock and realized that it was only 4AM. She decided to go through their fridge and cook something in return for saving her. She spent the next hour cooking what she could with what they had. Once she finished, she place it on the table and grabbed newspaper and a pen from the living room and wrote a small note. She then slipped on her shoes and left the apartment.

 


e
iapple's noteu
 

I hope you guys like the first chapter~

it's not the best~ >.<

feedbacks?