Moving Forward

We Are Brothers

 

 

 

The next thing Byunghee knew, they were already in the college's registrars office for enrollment. He was quite surprised that seungho and him were doing quite good so far: him getting an 87% and Seungho getting a 95% score at the high school certification exam; both of them qualifying for the scholarship program of a private NGO; and the two of them qualifying for the courses they applied to: Byunghee in Management and Seungho in Computer Science. Byunghee sighed as he realized the things they've accomplished in just a couple of months.

 

Byunghee felt chills running up his spine as he thought of homeworks and long hours of boring classes. He snapped out of it and just reminded himself of having a better-paying, good-quality job after college to be relieved.

 

For the meantime, he must convince himself to be contented with the salary of a barista.

 

Right, a barista.

 

That's what he told Seungho. But what Seungho didn't know is that Byunghee kept his ties with his manager at the service and told him that he'll be laying low – instead of quitting – as an and that he'll be taking the night shift only – unlike his whole-day engagements before – because of schooling. Good thing his manager was in Byunghee's favor after his several years of service to the old hag, or else Byunghee would've ended up in hot waters.

 

Byunghee!” Bunghee got startled at Seungho's loudness.

 

What the heck Seungho?! Are we done? It's lunchtime, it's hot and I'm starving!” Byunghee complained, showing how irritated he was due to the long wait at the registrar's office.

 

Chill, Byunghee. We're done. Let's go grab something to eat.” Seungho just smiled at Byunghee's child-like tantrum before he walked towards the canteen. Seungho was so busy sorting out the files in his folder, he didn't notice the woman just behind him. The next thing he knew, he bumped into someone hard and loud bump making them fall on their butts. Seungho groaned in pain, but immediately stood up when he saw another person sitting on the ground and groaning.

 

I'm truly very sorry...Are you alright?” Seungho asked worriedly as he helped the girl up. He heard Byunghee sigh in frustration, so he looked at him and saw him gathering and sorting the papers as he murmured. Seungho just chuckled then looked back at the woman he was helping up.

 

It was like rays of sun were emanating from the woman's face when Seungho looked at her. At that instant, Seungho fell for her. Her blonde locks and her beautiful almond eyes made her look more angelic. Seungho carefully pulled the woman up, while the woman dusted her .

 

I..I'm..sorry miss...” Seungho stuttered as his eyes remained glued to the woman's face. The woman glared at him and gave him a pissed look, but Seungho didn't seem to notice it as he was still under the woman's captivating spell.

 

Watch where you're going, will ya'? Geez....” The girl hissed before she stomped off to the registrar's office. Seungho continued to stare at her as she walked away. His delusion just stopped when his eyes met Byunghee's who was giving him a dirty, evil smirk.

 

What?” Seungho asked, smiling.

 

You sly dog! Who would've thought you have eyes for girls?” Byunghee wrapped his free arm around Seungho and punched him playfully in the stomach as he dragged him hurriedly to the canteen.

 

Shut up. Let's just eat.” Seungho just chuckled at Byunghee's playfulness.



 

 

Come first day of classes. Seungho was excited to attend his first class, but unfortunately Byunghee was not showing the same enthusiasm as Seungho's. Their first subject that day were different from each other, so Seungho and Bunghee had to part ways.

 

Seungho came just in time before the roll call commenced. The professor was in the middle of reciting Seungho's name when a familiar face walked in.

 

It was the woman from the registrar's office.

 

Seungho's heart fluttered uncontrolabl y as he watched the woman bow and walk towards a seat.

 

So, who is this late-commer in our first day of class?” The professor said, obviously irritated.

 

Seungho silently watched as the woman stood from her seat.

 

I'm sorry for being late sir. The traffic was just terrible. I'm Son Jin Ju sir.” The woman said.

 

Son Jin Ju.

 

It was like a cool breeze passed making the cherry blossoms fall from the trees as Son Jin Ju spoke. He couldn't help but smile as he heard his name. When he looked back at Jin Ju, she was already giving him a deathh glare. Seungho just smiled at her, then he looked back at the professor.

 

From then on, the first class became Seungho's favorite class.

 

When lunchtime came, Seungho ran immediately to the cafeteria and told Byunghee about Jin Ju. Byunghee didn't stop teasing Seungho until one of the ladyguards roaming the canteen called his attention for being too loud. After the ladyguard left, Byunghee continued teasing Seungho and forced him to ask Jin Ju out. But Seungho just said:

 

I'm not good with girls...”

 

Byunghee laughed at his friend's timidness. Seungho gave him a sad and serious look, as if silently saying that 'I am awfully timid and i desperately need your help'.

 

Byunghee could only sigh at his friend. “You sure are a helpless case. Good thing you have a friend like me to help you out!” Byunghee blurted out in an angry tone as he smacked Seungho's back hard.

 

Seungho smiled and hugged Byunghee tight for what he is willing to do for him: help him out with Jin Ju.

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________

A SeungJinJu-shipper here! ahahaha! So I decided to put Son Jin Ju here :)

But don't expect too much scenes from Seungho and Jin Ju, since I'm planning to focus on the brotherhood story here :)

Don't you just love them?! (^w^)