We Are Brothers

We Are Brothers

 

 

 

The team tried to do CPR several times but he did not respond. They defibrilated Seungho several times, but the flat line did not change. Bunghee and Jin Ju could only watch from the side as the medical staff tried different ways to revive Seungho.

 

After almost 30 minutes, the doctor approached Byunghee and Jin Ju with head bowed down.

 

Horrible screams and terrible wailings followed thereafter....

 


 

 

Byunghee finally got the courage to ask Juyeon out. He didn't want his friend's sacrifice to be put in vain afterall...

 

They became friends, and eventually bestfriends, and eventually, lovers. Until one day, Byunghee introduced Juyeon* to Seungho formally. They brought his favorite ice cream and liquor with them. To their surprise, a woman was already with seungho, who brought him flowers and cake.

 

“Hey Jin Ju, I didn't expect to see you here...How have you been?” Byunghee gave her a warm hug.

 

Jin Ju couldn't help but sob.

 

“Fine I gues...Still trying to survive without him” She said as she tried to control her sobs.

 

Byunghee held her shoulders tightly, afraid that she might collapse any moment. His tears fell despite his trying to control it with all his might, seeing Jin Ju still broken like this a year after Seungho....

 

...left.

 

Juyeon just watched from behind, unsure of what to do...

 

Byunghee slowly let go of Jin Ju and helped her sit up on the grass again.

 

Then, he fell on his knees in front of Seungho's tombstone...

 

With his arms above his head, he slowly bowed down, with his tears staining his face. Not feeling any shame despite Juyeon seeing his tear-stained face, he took the goodies from Juyeon's hand and put it in front of Seungho's tomb.

 

“Seungho-ah, you were right..I should've just went after her as you advised. Tsk! Now you don't get to see her in flesh! You just have to see her from above, just as you have been looking at us.” 

 

Byunghee raised his glass then drank the shot of liquor, his tears not stopping from flowing...

 

Juyeon kneeled down behind him, soothing his back. Jin Ju sobbed against her palms hearing Byunghee's words. Byunghee took Juyeon's hand in one hand, while he patted Jin Ju's thighs with the other, hoping to calm her down.

 

But seeing Seungho in his tombstone, even after hundreds of days after that horrible day, still hurts as much...

 

His heart ached as much, and he can't do anything about it.

 

He loved Seungho so much: as his brother, as his bestfriend; and Seungho was the first person to make him feel loved...

 

...To make him realize that genuine love was still possible.

 

Jin Ju actually left and lived abroad after Seungho's death in the hope of getting over him soon. He came back to Korea to visit Seungho's grave during his birthday.

 

GO visited Seungho's grave quite often, and celebrated his birthday every year without a fail. Every year, he, Juyeon, Jin Ju, and some of their common friends, would go to Seungho;s favortie bar and have a night of celebration with drinking and food, always leaving a mug of beer for Seungho to enjoy, even at his afterlife. 

 

 

 

 

z

 

END

 

* Juyeon was supposed to be written in chapters' 11 and/or 12, when Seungho and Byunghee went to the university. When Seungho and Jin Ju became a couple, Byunghee was supposed to look for the love of his life then find Juyeon. However, due to time constraints and lack of inspiration, i wasn't able to write about how Byunghee and Juyeon met. But in this final chapter, Byunghee was able to find the love of his life already after Seungho helped Byunghee to pursue her before Sunggyu came into the picture...

 

 

 

 

wvuuuvw

Hi readers. Sorry for this unedited finale :( This is actually the rough draft of the finale I was planning for this fic. But due to time constraints and career demands, I am not able to allocate time into finishing this fic. So here :( Thank you for reading the fic though. I hope you still enjoyed it somehow..

For all who subscribed and supported this fic, the word 'thank you' is not enough to express my appreciation....

I hope you forgive me for the delay and for this kind of ending... 

I love you all! :)