Even Rich Kids Experience Heartache

31,536,000 seconds

Title:  Even Rich Kids Experience Heartache

Character(s):  Kim Joonmyun

Pairing(s):  slight!suhun

Genre:  slice of life

Warning:  -

Author's note:  still not in the condition to write, but drabbles aren't as painful.  this started more angst-y but as i wrote, it evolved into a more monotonous thing.  and the title was... entirely random, because i couldn't come up with a good one.  oh well.


 

 

 

Mornings are hateful to Joonmyun.  They always have been, still are, and he knows they always will be.  This particular morning is no different.

The cold draft that rushes to meet his dripping wet skin upon stepping out of the shower reduces him to a sorry-looking state, quivering from the sudden drop in body temperature, and Joonmyun realises belatedly that he has left his towel outside.  He smiles wryly that he should forget a daily necessity so easily when he can remember in perfect detail his high school mathematics – but then again he has gotten so used to the routine.  Habits are hard to break, after all.

Joonmyun pads to the door, opens it a crack and yells like he always does, “Oh Sehun!  My towel!”  Perhaps the icy shower did not serve its purpose – Joonmyun waits, half leaning against the door frame, to hear the groan, followed by worn springs creaking in accompaniment to further good-natured grumbling about how this needs to get an official butler or pay me for being his unofficial one, then fluffy white linen into his face unceremoniously.

None of that happens.

Instead, for the first time, he has the most absurd thought: his beautiful modern apartment, specially designed by a famous, highly sought after French architect, and which he is so proud of, has probably joined ranks with mornings in a bid to be hateful towards him.  Well, screw you too.

 

Joonmyun manages to get to his Ferrari without giving this morning any more chances to worsen his sour mood, retrieving the towel in his state because honestly he could not care less if people wanted to gawk (not that they could, for Joonmyun lords over the majority of Seoul) and skipping breakfast.  Thanks to his careful cataloguing, the CD playlist he made way back labeled ‘rebellious’ is easy to find.  He slips it into the slot in replacement of some sappy love-struck he’d thrown together during his… Sehun phase, tossing the latter into the backseat, and soon Cee Lo Green is belting out forget yous to fill in the significant silence Joonmyun has no intention of dealing with.

The joy of first love break-ups.