BYG pt2

If you're with me, then everything's alright

 

Closing time…

I quickly left the bar and went to change into a set of comfortable clothes. I took my time, still hesitant over Youngguk’s offer. I was planning to leave later in hopes that Youngguk would have already left but I had no such luck, he was standing at the entrance, waiting for me. He looked at me wide eyed.

“What’s with that expression?” I asked.

Youngguk let out an awkward chuckle and rubbed the back of his neck. “Nothing, it’s just that you look different in those clothes. You look better like that.”

I felt my cheeks blush a little upon hearing his words. Before I could open my mouth to come up with an excuse to decline his offer, my stomach started growling.

“Looks like you’re really hungry.” Youngguk said with a smile. “Let’s go get some breakfast.”

His smile was so warm that I couldn’t bear to turn him down, plus I was really hungry.

Breakfast with Youngguk wasn’t awkward like I had expected it to be. The Youngguk I knew was always in the DJ booth spinning up some crazy dance tracks. I was kind of surprise at his dorky personality. Frm that day, we started seeing each other more often. Finally one day, he asked the question that I had been waiting a long time for.

He was walking me home from work that day as usual, except for the fact that he was strangely quiet that day.

“Oppa, what’s wrong? You’re being weird today.” I said.

He suddenly stopped walking and I watched as he took in a deep breath. He placed his hands on my shoulders and leaned in closer.

“I’ve been thinking…” he took another deep breath. I looked him straight in the eye but he quickly avoided my gaze and looked slightly above me instead.

“Aishhh, how do I go about doing this?” He continued. “The thing is… I really really like you. From the moment I first saw you, I wanted to be your friend. But after I got to know you, I found myself starting to fall for you and now, I want to be more than just friends. So will you be my girlfriend?”

I paused for a while.

“I guess that’s a no…” He withdrew his hands and faced down.

I gave a little giggle and gave him a hug. “I thought you would never ask.”